+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]The only team that had a worse day than the Giants was my FF team.[/quote]
    Yeah they did. I got lucky to say the least. I knew Benson would not have a good day but I expected Phillip and VJack to kill it. I just don't know if I should bench my defense or not?

Does anyone know the most negative a D can go?
    [/quote]</P>

If your defense tanks, that means your kicker will have plenty of points. You are overthinking Landon.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

Phillips was flagged for unnecessary roughness for a hit on Seahawks
    tight end Zach Miller on Sunday, and he says he’s expecting to get fined
    as well — even though he says the on-field officials told him they know
    he wasn’t going for Miller’s head.</p>

“The refs said I didn’t hit him in the head, I just launched at him. I
    guess I’m just gonna have to accept the penalty,” Phillips said.</p>

On the play in question, Phillips did appear to be aiming
    shoulder-to-shoulder rather than helmet-to-helmet. However, he also left
    his feet to hit Miller, while Miller’s hand was outstretched to reach
    for a pass over his head, at a time when Miller couldn’t protect
    himself. That’s why the flag was thrown and the fine is forthcoming.</p>

“I was just trying to make a play,” Phillips said. “I saw the ball
    was out there and I thought I could get to the ball, so I just tried to
    separate him from it.”</p>

Miller left the game with an apparent concussion. Phillips has already been fined $10,000 this season for a hit to the head or neck area, so he’ll likely get an even bigger fine as a repeat offender.</p>[/quote]the games ruined. bad. if kenny cant do that....theres no need for them.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

Phillips was flagged for unnecessary roughness for a hit on Seahawks tight end Zach Miller on Sunday, and he says he’s expecting to get fined as well — even though he says the on-field officials told him they know he wasn’t going for Miller’s head.</P>

“The refs said I didn’t hit him in the head, I just launched at him. I guess I’m just gonna have to accept the penalty,” Phillips said.</P>

On the play in question, Phillips did appear to be aiming shoulder-to-shoulder rather than helmet-to-helmet. However, he also left his feet to hit Miller, while Miller’s hand was outstretched to reach for a pass over his head, at a time when Miller couldn’t protect himself. That’s why the flag was thrown and the fine is forthcoming.</P>

“I was just trying to make a play,” Phillips said. “I saw the ball was out there and I thought I could get to the ball, so I just tried to separate him from it.”</P>

Miller left the game with an apparent concussion. Phillips has already been fined $10,000 this season for a hit to the head or neck area, so he’ll likely get an even bigger fine as a repeat offender.</P>

[/quote]</P>

The No Fun League strikes again. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="Morehead State"]

And don't give me any crap Daven about a trap game. We're not good enough to have trap games.</p>

We're a trap game for other teams.</p>[/quote]

everybody gets bit by a trap game

stop being dramatic. It was a bad loss they happen.

This is a huge game this week. IF they **** the bed this week i'll lean more towards your point of view. But the sky didn't flal yet
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]On what team does everybody on defense stop when the DE goes off side?

</p>[/quote]
    They didn't stop. Ross and Rolle both took the under guy and no one got the other WR. It was a nice **** up! It was just so bad it seemed like they stopped...
    [/quote]

they both bit on the fake screen

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]On what team does everybody on defense stop when the DE goes off side?

</p>

[/quote]
    They didn't stop. Ross and Rolle both took the under guy and no one got the other WR. It was a nice **** up! It was just so bad it seemed like they stopped...
    [/quote]</p>

In other words our coaching sucks. And it does...really bad.</p>[/quote]
    I don't think it was bad coaching, it was bad communication between the 2. 2 defenders and 2 WR's. One should get one and one should get the other. Seems pretty simple. lol
    [/quote]

coaching definitly has a big role in why we are not better than we are, but I agree o nthat specific instance it was the players with their heads up their *** not sticking to their responsibilities

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]On what team does everybody on defense stop when the DE goes off side?

</p>

[/quote]
    [/quote]</p>

In other words our coaching sucks. And it does...really bad.</p>

[/quote]
    I don't think it was bad coaching, it was bad communication between the 2. 2 defenders and 2 WR's. One should get one and one should get the other. Seems pretty simple. lol
    [/quote]</p>

This is a poorly coached team.</p>

Procedure penalties in the red zone, turnovers, miss communication in the secondary, delay of game penalties, horrible tacling on special teams.......</p>

Its bad coaching. Sorry.</p>[/quote]

not denying that - but again on the Baldwin TD it was a player error

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]The only team that had a worse day than the Giants was my FF team.[/quote]
    Yeah they did. I got lucky to say the least. I knew Benson would not have a good day but I expected Phillip and VJack to kill it. I just don't know if I should bench my defense or not?

Does anyone know the most negative a D can go?
    [/quote]</p>

If your defense tanks, that means your kicker will have plenty of points. You are overthinking Landon.</p>[/quote]
    LOL. Possibly.

The 400-yard passing game has become the norm, just another ho-hum passing number. With Eli Manning going for 420 yards and Matt Schaub
    going for 416 on Sunday, there have now been ten 400-yard passing games
    this season, by far the most ever through five weeks, and the
    fourth-most for any single season in NFL history.</p>

There were thirteen 400-yard games in 1986 and in 2004, and eleven in
    2010. The 2011 season could break the all-time record by next Sunday.</p>

Yes, that’s right. There’s a real chance that by Week Six of 2011,
    we’ll have seen more 400-yard passing days in one season than we had
    ever seen in any one season in NFL history.</p>

There are a lot of explanations floated for this, ranging from a
    wealth of talented quarterbacks and wide receivers, to rules changes, to
    the lockout having defenses playing catchup this year. But there’s
    little doubt that by the end of this year, we’ll have seen more 400-yard
    passing games than in any previous season.</p>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]On what team does everybody on defense stop when the DE goes off side?

</P>

[/quote]
    [/quote]</P>

In other words our coaching sucks. And it does...really bad.</P>

[/quote]
    [/quote]</P>

This is a poorly coached team.</P>

Procedure penalties in the red zone, turnovers, miss communication in the secondary, delay of game penalties, horrible tacling on special teams.......</P>

Its bad coaching. Sorry.</P>[/quote]I agree MH TC pulled out all the stops against the eagles this team played with emotion...now it appears to me he has his big thumb on everything again...This team needs to play over its head every game this year ...TC should have stayed on a roll and just cut these guys loose....he needs to coachout of his comfort zone.. but hejust to stubborn which will be he demise in the end

+ Reply to Thread