+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Every team controls their own destiny.</p>

The problem was that we had to win one more game than we would have if they had gotten the call right. But yes, we could have gone 16-0.</p>

[/quote]

or we could have beat Philly one of the two games...we should have.
    [/quote]

yea i don't even get why everybody always singles out the Titans

They were 5-2 to start the season
    [/quote]
    The left handed pick in the endzone stands out. It was a comedy of errors. We **** the bed. Kind of like the Seattle game.
    [/quote]

i'll admit im in the minority of that, but i still don't kill him for that

he was trying to make a play under pressure. If he got it there with some more zip hes a ****in genious and gets deep throated by all of NY.
    [/quote]</p>

When you're response to every bad decision is that "he was just trying to make a play" then there is no need to argue with you. </p>

You are the only Giants fan on earth who thinks that was an acceptable decision. Let ask all the other Eli Cultists if they think that was a good play. You are alone Matt. Alone on this earth.</p>

This is why we shant be discussing Eli at dinner.</p>[/quote]

whatever its fine i'll at least admit im in the minority. It was back breaking and killer and ultimately decided the game - but again I would rather my QB try to make a play if he thinks he can

BUT regardless theres no way you should feel like the TITANS game was a bigger upset for this team than Philly 2. If your going to compare the two back to back, Philly two hsould of been won WAY more than the Titans game
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

When you're response to every bad decision is that "he was just trying to make a play" then there is no need to argue with you. </p>

You are the only Giants fan on earth who thinks that was an acceptable decision. Let ask all the other Eli Cultists if they think that was a good play. You are alone Matt. Alone on this earth.</p>

This is why we shant be discussing Eli at dinner.</p>[/quote]

Noone (including matt hopefully) is saying that was a "good" decision, but people like me and Matt, who have "faith" in Eli, who have watched as he's pulled some magic out of his ***, (Victor Cruz this weekend for example to get us back into the game) give him some leeway to make those decisions, sure...they look like bad calls when they go wrong...but he has a habit of making his "bad decisions" turn into game winning plays.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]

I want Washington to beat those ****ing Iggles....I get sooooooooo much joy of them losing every week !</p>

</p>

Hey Lando why did u trade Best ..... he was great last night !</p>[/quote]

[/quote]
    His night was a fluke. You know it and I know it. He had 17 yards on 12 rushes before that. The Bears D was ****ing gassed from chasing around Megatron. I think the only D that can stop him has to have Optimus Prime at CB.

Also, I know you dont like Best this year hoe.

All-Pro

We just won the wrong 10 games last year. Sucks, but atleast we got Prince Amukamara out of it. </P>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

he was trying to make a play under pressure. If he got it there with some more zip hes a ****in genious and gets deep throated by all of NY.
    [/quote]

kinda hard to get zip on the ball when it's in your off hand...he was trying to make a play, I don't kill him for that the way Morehead does...but morehead killing him for that is consistent, it was a bad decision, you and me give him that leeway because we like to see him pull things out of the blue (Like the Super Bowl among numerous other examples) but I don't "expect" others to give that leeway, the thing that bothers you (and me a bit) is that he's still doing all those same type of things this year...but because it hasn't come back to bite us (until this last game) Morehead has been saying he's improved...but we both know he's almost exactly the same as last year in his play.
    [/quote]

yes thats the perfect way to sum it up daven

u comin to dinner sat?

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey u coming out to eat on sat?[/quote]

I'm not sure at the moment, it depends on the girl, I think we might end up doing something else the night before, we will see, if I do go where are you guys gonna be again?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Every team controls their own destiny.</p>

The problem was that we had to win one more game than we would have if they had gotten the call right. But yes, we could have gone 16-0.</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    The left handed pick in the endzone stands out. It was a comedy of errors. We **** the bed. Kind of like the Seattle game.
    [/quote]

Yea im still not on board with that game somehow still being a worse loss than the second eagles game

the comedy of errors resulted in one of the worst losses a teams ever taken in NFL history
    [/quote]
    You KNOW how I feel about that game. It was probably my worst loss as a Giants fan. It was demoralizing.

Also, I never said it was a worse loss. That was THE worst loss. Had we of won the games we beat ourselves instead of being beaten we would have been in a position to take that hit and still be profitable.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Every team controls their own destiny.</P>

The problem was that we had to win one more game than we would have if they had gotten the call right. But yes, we could have gone 16-0.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

When you're response to every bad decision is that "he was just trying to make a play" then there is no need to argue with you. </P>

You are the only Giants fan on earth who thinks that was an acceptable decision. Let ask all the other Eli Cultists if they think that was a good play. You are alone Matt. Alone on this earth.</P>

This is why we shant be discussing Eli at dinner.</P>

[/quote]

whatever its fine i'll at least admit im in the minority. It was back breaking and killer and ultimately decided the game - but again I would rather my QB try to make a play if he thinks he can

BUT regardless theres no way you should feel like the TITANS game was a bigger upset for this team than Philly 2. If your going to compare the two back to back, Philly two hsould of been won WAY more than the Titans game
    [/quote]</P>

Who said anything about the Philly game?</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I think even with that in mind - it still doesn't make that game a worse loss than philly2[/quote]

I'm with you there, I actually had that conversation the other night with a guy at bowling, My point on that topic is that I can accept one player making a mistake costing us a game...had the victor cruz fumble (it was clearly a fumble giving himself up come on) cost us the game....It would have been infuriating....but I still would have said the TEAM played well.

Against Philly last year...every part of our team let us down in that final quarter....from the coaches to the punter, from the Secondary to Eli himself....every single part of the team...and that's WAY worse then one player making a stupid mistake.
    [/quote]

I dunno dude... I really don't kill Eli at all

we had 1 3 and out and anothe rdrive with 3 first downs in it. We had BEYOND a comfortable lead

I'll never blame the offense when they put up 30 points

and i'll never blame the defense if they gave up 14 points

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Every team controls their own destiny.</P>

The problem was that we had to win one more game than we would have if they had gotten the call right. But yes, we could have gone 16-0.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

When you're response to every bad decision is that "he was just trying to make a play" then there is no need to argue with you. </P>

You are the only Giants fan on earth who thinks that was an acceptable decision. Let ask all the other Eli Cultists if they think that was a good play. You are alone Matt. Alone on this earth.</P>

This is why we shant be discussing Eli at dinner.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Who said anything about the Philly game?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Common argument style of MMB.</P>

Bring up something completely irrelevant to the conversation.</P>

+ Reply to Thread