+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Here's a typical post by a good Giants fan:</p>

Eli played OK on Sunday and it sucks that bad breaks and tipped ballshad to determine the result of the game.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Now here' the same post, when viewed through the twisted, skewed prism ofthe classicEli Cultists:</p>

</p>

<font size="6">Eli</font> played OK on Sunday and it <font size="6">sucks</font> that bad breaks and tipped <font size="6">balls</font> had to determine the result of the game.</p>

</p>

</p>

They see only what they want to see.</p>

</p>[/quote]

LOL that typical Giants fan is right! the problem is you post only the Bold when you speak of him.

And MMB about the philly game and the whole team letting us down...I was speaking specifically of the 4th Quarter...yes even the offense let us down there....if they could have just killed some clock...but whatever it's over and done with.
    [/quote]

again after a touchdown by the offense with 8 minutes to go it gave us 31 points and a 21 point lead. We then had the ball for two more possessions.

First possession took 2:30 off the clock and we had 3 first downs

By the time we got the ball back for the second possession it was a tie game and we tried to drive to win the game

Im not killing the offense for that
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Every team controls their own destiny.</p>

The problem was that we had to win one more game than we would have if they had gotten the call right. But yes, we could have gone 16-0.</p>

[/quote]

or we could have beat Philly one of the two games...we should have.
    [/quote]

yea i don't even get why everybody always singles out the Titans

They were 5-2 to start the season
    [/quote]
    The left handed pick in the endzone stands out. It was a comedy of errors. We **** the bed. Kind of like the Seattle game.
    [/quote]

i'll admit im in the minority of that, but i still don't kill him for that

he was trying to make a play under pressure. If he got it there with some more zip hes a ****in genious and gets deep throated by all of NY.
    [/quote]</p>

When you're response to every bad decision is that "he was just trying to make a play" then there is no need to argue with you. </p>

You are the only Giants fan on earth who thinks that was an acceptable decision. Let ask all the other Eli Cultists if they think that was a good play. You are alone Matt. Alone on this earth.</p>

This is why we shant be discussing Eli at dinner.</p>

[/quote]

whatever its fine i'll at least admit im in the minority. It was back breaking and killer and ultimately decided the game - but again I would rather my QB try to make a play if he thinks he can

BUT regardless theres no way you should feel like the TITANS game was a bigger upset for this team than Philly 2. If your going to compare the two back to back, Philly two hsould of been won WAY more than the Titans game
    [/quote]</p>

Who said anything about the Philly game?</p>

[/quote]

thats what this whole debate is over

about how the Tenn game really cost us the playoffs and then others view that if u believe that u should be smacked. There was no bigger let down game last season, quite possibly ever, than the Philly 2 game. That and that alone is why we are not in the playoffs and didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. THEN to add in the fact that we came back vs GB and **** the bed?

no way man
    [/quote]</p>

Maybe but I was commenting on whoever said that Tenn started 5-2.</p>[/quote]

okay... and?

Either way, Philly 2 ruined our season on EVERY possible level u could argue:

game we should of won? check

ultimate meltdown of a game that should of been locked up? check

the fact that it was a win and and in game? cehck

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]yea daven would say the what Dr. K was charged wtih a irrelevent as to why he wouldnt' be given the death penalty

[/quote]</p>

Nah, every argument ever, theres always a random paragraph that you think is some sealing point, but in reality has nothing to do with what the person you're talking to has been saying.</p>[/quote]

...says the guy that has no clue what this debate is even over

a perfect example of this is the red sox. had the won. if they win at least 5 out of those 10 games they lost at the beginning of the season, they make the playoffs. to say ohh its april, oh its september, the game doesnt mean as much is ridiculous.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]yea daven would say the what Dr. K was charged wtih a irrelevent as to why he wouldnt' be given the death penalty

[/quote]

It was irrelevant to the conversation, we weren't talking about one particular case, we talking about the difference between second degree and first degree murder at the time.

Premeditation is the "key" difference as it is on the books, both CA and Dr.K committed murders in which there was clearly Premeditation (well based on the assumption on your part that CA is guilty even though she was found innocent) Thus they should both be dealt with in the same fashion.

the fact that Dr.K. got away with Second Degree because of the unusual nature of his particular case is irrelevant when talking about the system "overall"

All-Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>[img]/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img] lawl:</DIV>
    <DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>[img]/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img] MattMeyerBud:</DIV>
    <DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>[img]/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img] RobCarpenter:</DIV>
    <DIV>

<BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>[img]/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img] jhamburg:</DIV>
    <DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>How can anyone not be pleased/happy with his production? I haven't inferred that I'm not. The point is that TE is a very upgradeable position right now and has been for years. There's nothing special about Ballard's game and it can be easily replaced.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>It's more just your first comment, that he's just a body and wouldn't make many other rosters...that's the type of thing you would say about him at the beginning of the season, or that you'd say about someone like Danny Ware now. You have to give the guy some credit for actually producing in NFL games.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>

</P>

Oh, I get it now. When lawl says things like:</P>
    <P dir=ltr>"he's just a body...he's the most easily replaced starter on this team....he couldn't even make other NFL teams...he's a nobody" </P>
    <P dir=ltr>what lawl really means is:</P>
    <P dir=ltr>"I'm not displeased with Ballard's play so far this season."</P>

Pass the pipe...I mean the rosetta stone...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>

The two things are completely independent of each other.</P>

I challenge you to name a starter that is more easily replaced than Ballard. I also challenge you to name 3 teams the guy would make, not start on, actually make.</P>

These thoughts that I believe to be factual have absolutely no bearing on the fact that I am not displeased with his play.</P>

I'll give you a similar scenario-</P>

Rewind to week 15 of last season. This example is sort of the opposite.</P>

"I was displeased with Eli's play."(at that time)</P>

"I, however, did not believe that(at that time) Eli was just a body, and did not think that he is easily replaced."</P>

Rewind to Michael Johnson's(the safety if you dont remember him) rookie year. The exact same things could be said of him</P>

"I was pleased with his play."</P>

"he's just a body...he's the most easily replaced starter on this team....he couldn't even make other NFL teams...he's a nobody"</P>

The statements are as shown, completely independent of each other.</P>

You should take things for what they are and not try to read much into it, since you really have no idea my full thought process. </P>

Classic case of what happens when you assume [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hynoski
    </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>Yup, the fullback, the only guy on the field more replaceable than Ballard. Speaks volumes</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you would be making a point if we weren't a pretty solid team ALL ACROSS THE BOARD.

Personally I think Ballard has been playin gbetter than most of our offensive line, mario, linebackers, and corners, and safteys

I mean I just don't get what ur point is?

I would take Ballard's production over alot of starting Giants right now.

<FONT size=5>Because we haven't sunk alot of money in him or have money inother places that makes Ballard less valuable? If anything that makes him MORE valuable. We could be paying 3.5 mil a year for a TE and getting the same production. But instead we're paying 400k</FONT></P>

<FONT size=5><FONT size=3>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT size=5><FONT size=3>The paragraph in bold is a classic example. You're arguing against something that's not even being argued.</FONT>
    </P></FONT>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Here's a typical post by a good Giants fan:</P>

Eli played OK on Sunday and it sucks that bad breaks and tipped ballshad to determine the result of the game.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Now here' the same post, when viewed through the twisted, skewed prism ofthe classicEli Cultists:</P>

</P>

<FONT size=6>Eli</FONT> played OK on Sunday and it <FONT size=6>sucks</FONT> that bad breaks and tipped <FONT size=6>balls</FONT> had to determine the result of the game.</P>

</P>

</P>

They see only what they want to see.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

LOL that typical Giants fan is right! the problem is you post only the Bold when you speak of him.

And MMB about the philly game and the whole team letting us down...I was speaking specifically of the 4th Quarter...yes even the offense let us down there....if they could have just killed some clock...but whatever it's over and done with.
    [/quote]

again after a touchdown by the offense with 8 minutes to go it gave us 31 points and a 21 point lead. We then had the ball for two more possessions.

First possession took 2:30 off the clock and we had 3 first downs

By the time we got the ball back for the second possession it was a tie game and we tried to drive to win the game

Im not killing the offense for that
    [/quote]</P>

Using your own logic, doesn't the offense "control its own destiny" with the ball in a tie game with a few minutes left.</P>

By your logic 'what happened earlier in the game' just like 'what happened earlier in the season' isn't especially relevant.</P>

Matt creed....."They had control of their destiny so there are no excuses"</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"]a perfect example of this is the red sox. had the won. if they win at least 5 out of those 10 games they lost at the beginning of the season, they make the playoffs. to say ohh its april, oh its september, the game doesnt mean as much is ridiculous.
    [/quote]</P>

It changes history. So many random variables come into play that are just impossible to completely fathom.</P>

</P>

We win the Eagles game, we're in the playoffs, no doubt about it. Period end of story.</P>

</P>

We win the Titans game, the entire season after that becomes different. We wouldnt run the exact same plays, players preparation wouldnt be the same, a multitude of different variables come into play that are just simply put, unthinkable. We have no idea what would have happened had we won the Titans game. We do, however, know what would have happened had we won the second Eagles game.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Using your own logic, doesn't the offense "control its own destiny" with the ball in a tie game with a few minutes left.</p>

By your logic 'what happened earlier in the game' just like 'what happened earlier in the season' isn't especially relevant.</p>

Matt creed....."They had control of their destiny so there are no excuses"</p>[/quote]

Yes Morehead, maybe not with Matt but with me that is true, The defense has saved our team before, in that game the defense was clearly floundering in the 4th Q, it then becomes the JOB of the Offense to overcome that, this is a team game...our entire TEAM let us down in that 4thQ I don't blame one person or another because there were too many mistakes and no one stepped up to overcome/make up for them.

It's one thing when one player does something stupid to cost you the game, it's another thing when the whole team breaks down.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]yea daven would say the what Dr. K was charged wtih a irrelevent as to why he wouldnt' be given the death penalty

[/quote]

It was irrelevant to the conversation, we weren't talking about one particular case, we talking about the difference between second degree and first degree murder at the time.

Premeditation is the "key" difference as it is on the books, both CA and Dr.K committed murders in which there was clearly Premeditation (well based on the assumption on your part that CA is guilty even though she was found innocent) Thus they should both be dealt with in the same fashion.

the fact that Dr.K. got away with Second Degree because of the unusual nature of his particular case is irrelevant when talking about the system "overall"
    [/quote]

lol see what i mean. You say it was irrelevent

BUT the truth of the matter is that YOU brought DR K up by saying the death penalty was ridiculous because a murder is a murder and theres no difference between them and that Dr.K should of got the chair becuase he committed murder. BUT the fact that there is murder in the first and murder in the second clearly is tthe defining factor.

The point where u go off on a tangent is that we have no clue clue what Casey Anthony would of been charged found guilty that they probably woiuldn't of gone easy on her at all. And had they not found it an accidental death she would have gotten murder 1

And THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN MUDER 1 and MURDER 2..

thats essentially what u went on debating for days and all of my counter points were irrelevent because they just pointed out how everything u said made no sense

+ Reply to Thread