+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</P>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</P>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</P>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "<U>greatest quarterbacks ever"</U> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</P>

[/quote]were arguing greatest giants qb ever.

ill throw monkey wrench in here. what about tittle?
    [/quote]

two things make Title not even allowed in the convo:

1) I just can't bring Leatherheads into the convo. It was a COMPLETE different game then

2) He was only a Giant for 4 years
    [/quote]</P>

I feel like Manning and Simms are the only 2 qualified people in the debate due to the tenure at their position, and on this team.
    Simms right now, yes....but considering Eli has plenttttyyyy of years left in the tank, Simms will be a distant 2nd by the end of Eli's career.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</P>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "<U>greatest quarterbacks ever"</U> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</P>

[/quote]

1) I just can't bring Leatherheads into the convo. It was a COMPLETE different game then

[/quote]</P>

I feel like Manning and Simms are the only 2 qualified people in the debate due to the tenure at their position, and on this team.
    Simms right now, yes....but considering Eli has plenttttyyyy of years left in the tank, Simms will be a distant 2nd by the end of Eli's career.</P>

[/quote]</P>

But it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil. With far superior weapons and favorable rules.</P>

Phil retired with an all time great 7.2 yards per attempt in his career. One of the highest of alltime. Parcells used to say that YPA is the best way to guage a QB's effectiveness.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</p>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

But it's not like we're discussing "<u>greatest quarterbacks ever"</u> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You know the game isn't that much different than in YA's time. Yes the rules are a bit different but those guys could play. And I assume you were kiddingwith the "leatherhead" comment.</p>[/quote]

we're black players in the NFL when Title played?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

But it's not like we're discussing "<u>greatest quarterbacks ever"</u> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Simms right now, yes....but considering Eli has plenttttyyyy of years left in the tank, Simms will be a distant 2nd by the end of Eli's career.</p>

[/quote]</p>

But it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil. With far superior weapons and favorable rules.</p>

Phil retired with an all time great 7.2 yards per attempt in his career. One of the highest of alltime. Parcells used to say that YPA is the best way to guage a QB's effectiveness.</p>[/quote]

to pass simms with what?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You know the game isn't that much different than in YA's time. Yes the rules are a bit different but those guys could play. And I assume you were kiddingwith the "leatherhead" comment.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

lol yes!!!</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You know the game isn't that much different than in YA's time. Yes the rules are a bit different but those guys could play. And I assume you were kiddingwith the "leatherhead" comment.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Yes but the Dutch were banned.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You know the game isn't that much different than in YA's time. Yes the rules are a bit different but those guys could play. And I assume you were kiddingwith the "leatherhead" comment.</p>[/quote]ya was still balling
    Y.A. Tittle was the first and one of only eight quarterbacks in NFL
    history to have achieved consecutive 30-touchdown passing seasons. The others are brett favre, steve bartowski, dan fouts, dan marino, jeff garcia, dree brees and payton manning.

<div class="report">

Roy Helu played on 64-of-67 offensive snaps in Sunday's loss to the 49ers.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Helu is ready to take this starting job and run
    with it. Coach Mike Shanahan is already on the record saying <font color="#0000FF">Ryan Torain
    will only come on when the rookie gets tired</font>, so we can expect this
    kind of monstrous snap count on a weekly basis. And with John Beck
    content to just check it down regularly, Helu has major PPR upside. The
    fourth-round pick is an exceptional route-runner and pass-catcher out of
    the backfield.

LOL
    </div>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

But it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil. With far superior weapons and favorable rules.</P>

Phil retired with an all time great 7.2 yards per attempt in his career. One of the highest of alltime. Parcells used to say that YPA is the best way to guage a QB's effectiveness.</P>

[/quote]

to pass simms with what?
    [/quote]</P>

Passing yards</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

So when I say that Eli is playing very well this season, based on what I see on the field...I'm wrong?</p>[/quote]

you keep mentioning things like not throwing into double coverage throwing the ball away more taking more sacks etc etc...

the things you bring up when you talk about what you see him doing differently then last season, he's doing those things with the same frequency this year as he was last year.

Yes you are wrong, you are not noticing that he's playing with pretty much the same amount of skill he was last year...he has not chanced much at all, the difference is his receivers are helping him, instead of hurting him like they were last year...that and yes, he's been marginally less unlucky this season.

what we don't like is that you opinion on how he played very rarely seems to have anything to do with how he played...it seems to follow exactly with what the results of any game where.

you can play a good game at QB and throw 4 interceptions in one game, you can make no mistakes and still end up with a 50% completion rating....being a good QB isn't good enough the TEAM needs to help you as well.....it's something you completely and utterly ignore at all costs.

+ Reply to Thread