+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Paterno did do the right thing, didn't he...from a procedural standpoint? He followed protocol and reported the incident to his senior. Just like in the military chain of command.

If we want to say he didn't act correctly from a personal standpoint, that's a diff story, but everyone's different. Personally, I would not of been able to control myself from pulluing sandusky off of him and giving him a few good wacks.
    [/quote]</p>

well, i guess my overall point is that ethics and human nature should always override any type of "procedural chain" at a school or business when it comes to allegations as important as these. </p>[/quote]I know. I'm trying to separate emotion from following procedure myself here. This one tugs at my heart strings, but Paterno did do his job by the letter of his "job description."
    [/quote]

once he saw nothing being done - for him to sit back and accept that is where he went wrong
    [/quote]Yes-he should of questioned his superior as to the status of the situation
    [/quote]

exactly
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]I gotta say next season I WILL be voting for smaller benches...U need help on your team because of injuries and u can't get it cause even back-ups are on peoples benches....very frustrating !!![/quote]

Michael Bush is one of the rare backups that wil always make a roster. Not for nothing, thats your bad for not targeting him as a McFad owner
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

true nuff''' but I will still be voting for smaller BN....the waiver wire is basically meaningless this season.</p>

</p>[/quote].
    i disagree that haveing a ton of talent in the FA pool would make the waiver wire more meaningful. IT will just be a scape goat for weaker players who make bad decisions and don't draft good
    [/quote]

Agreed, I don't see either one as really making a difference
    thus I will abstain from that vote when it takes place...either outcome
    will result in the same situation no point in bothering imho

Quite honestly....Paterno should have used his name power to do the right thing...

Youre an AD...you gonna fire Joe Paterno? THE HELLYOUARE! lol......
    Nobody would fire Paterno for bringing this to light, hence why I feel it WASN'T handled right.</P>

ok, I think I'm out of ways to continue discussing this. I played all my cards =P</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Paterno did do the right thing, didn't he...from a procedural standpoint? He followed protocol and reported the incident to his senior. Just like in the military chain of command.

If we want to say he didn't act correctly from a personal standpoint, that's a diff story, but everyone's different. Personally, I would not of been able to control myself from pulluing sandusky off of him and giving him a few good wacks.
    [/quote]</p>

well, i guess my overall point is that ethics and human nature should always override any type of "procedural chain" at a school or business when it comes to allegations as important as these. </p>

[/quote]

na i disagree...

Joe Pa SHOULD have did exactly what he did and then the school should of notified the authorities. Hes a football coach its not his place. Once he saw they did nothing is when he should stepped up.

WHat if he did call the cops and it turns out that Sundusky was innocent? It wasn't his place , he wasn't a witness, he wasn't a judge and jury. Make no mistake about it its a corporate mentality that he should of over ridden once he saw nothing was done.
    [/quote]</p>

Well I can get on board with the fact that Paterno probably should have told this other guy it needed to be reported to the police. I'm not saying it's FAIR that it fell on Joe Pa's lap, but.....what happened, happened....and I dont feel it was handled the right way at all.
    What happens OFF the football field is of no concern to the Athletic Director (well sure it's a concern of his as a "boss"), but child molestation? i could give 2 ****s what my boss says or does or thinks about what i personally do upon hearing of a crime like this!! You wanna fire me? fine, thenI'll drag you into it too...</p>[/quote]

im not playing the fair card though. Its also not fair for the guy who saw it because he has to make the decision on what to do. IMO, he made the wrong one.

It was reported to Joe as an employee under him, it happened on grounds - i hav eno isse with the protocal as long as its seen all the way through it wasn't

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    im not playing the fair card though. Its also not fair for <FONT color=#0000ff>the guy who saw it because he has to make the decision on what to do. IMO, he made the wrong one.
    </FONT>
    It was reported to Joe as an employee under him, it happened on grounds - i hav eno isse with the protocal as long as its seen all the way through it wasn't

[/quote]</P>

oh absolutely, man....we're on the paterno thing because originally you had brought up that you were ticked that this was all falling on him, or however you worded it.</P>

that second part though, is where our opinions differ, thats all...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

another guy HEARD it happened.
    [/quote]</p>

dude you STILL have to report it!</p>

not only because it's unethical to not do so, but because it's you no longer have plausible deniability, therefore it's illegal to withhold that information.</p>[/quote]

Well thats actually factually not true. If this was done in a business setting and this was an official report at work (which I think it was) then Joe Pa followed protocal at the time. Joe Pa went wrong by letting it slip through the cracks.

But at the time, its not Joe Pa's place to report it to the cops officially. Thats why he will be cleared. He did he what he was suppose to do. But again as a human being, he did wrong

But either way, it goes back to the guy WHO SAW THE RAPE HAPPEN! HE went to his superior? Hes the guy that should of been on his cell calling 911
    [/quote]if the wr coach DID go to a superior, he really didnt do anything wrong imo. could he have done more? yea but you cant fault him for it. this isnt a normal situation.
    [/quote]
    You can't fault him for not doing more!?!? This is getting unreal you guys. Exacty! It isn't a normal situation, which is exactly why everyone should have gone to the police.
    [/quote]listen, its easy to sit here and say what we all would have done but we dont know the individuals. if im a wr coach, i hear/see this atrocious act, what do i do? do i go over my coach and straight to the police which could get me fired? do i go over my coach and go to the dean who may think im nuts with no proof which could also get me fired? or do i go to coach whos been here forever and let him go to the dean.

im sorry but i most likely would have done the same thing.
    [/quote]

no offense, <u>i think if u see that and the first thought in your mind is your job then your a scumbag.</u> Thats the one truth I think I could say 100% definitly. If I saw it with my own two eyes, I would go over there and try to stop it and then report it, zero doubt in my mind
    [/quote] its easy to say without a kid and family to support.
    [/quote]

no its easy to say whenever

money isn't everything dezz. We're not talking about stealing a pack of twizzlers from 7-11 we're talking about a 12 year old kid having some 60 year old guy stick a **** in his *** against his will

That will never be a decision in my life on whats more important
    [/quote]like i said we dont know any of these individuals. and youre not a scumbag if you dont want to get involved in a certain situation and its not like wr coach kept it to himself. he went and told the head coach, who lets be honest, has more pull in the school. maybe the wr coach felt he could handle it better or know what to do. wr coach is innocent.
    [/quote]

<u>yea i dont want to get involved in a car accident, but if some ****** TBones me at a cross section on my way home from work, i'm involved</u>

Theres nothing this guy could do, hes involved against his will. Sometimes **** drops on your lap. I would judge anybody who didn't feel the need to stop a rape or do something to make sure that the scumbag got his.

On the level of the guy who saw it happen - who the g**** cares if he went to the head coach. Joe Paterno is the god of Penn State, not God. This may of happened AT Penn State with a Penn STate employee, but this isn't a Penn State matter.

IT became one when this guy decided to tell Joe Pa instead of the police, Joe Pa handled accordingly at first. Either way, this guy saw it happen and its incredible to me that you could say that he wa slooking out for his job and that makes it okay
    [/quote]totally irrelevant. totally. the wr coach would be a witness on the street. if this is a car accident the kids the one that got tboned.

and how is that joe pa handled this "accordingly at first" but the wr coach didnt? the wr coach did the same thing as joe pa!!! he went to his supervisor!!
    [/quote]

its not irrelevant at all. Once you witness a crime like that, you are involved. Thats the bottom line.

Because who the **** goes to their supervisor aft4er seeing a kid raped? Joe Pa was a middle man who had allegations dropped on his lap.
    <u>
    The Coach was a wtiness in a crime. </u>
    [/quote]being a witness doesnt make you the perp, or just as guilty. at the end of the day we KNOW the wr coach told SOMEONE with enough power to do something about it.
    [/quote]

when u witness a grown *** man raping a child and u do nothing to stop it or to even really report it - it makes u just as guilty. You let it happen.

Its like your living the life of denial for him with these responses. Enough power? I didn't realize you couldn't be a WRs coach, but had to be a head coach of a college football team to report a rape...

good to know

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

Quite honestly....Paterno should have used his name power to do the right thing...

Nobody would fire Paterno for bringing this to light, hence why I feel it WASN'T handled right.</p>

ok, I think I'm out of ways to continue discussing this. I played all my cards =P</p>[/quote]

So one sided, flip the situation.

Say Paterno does what you suggested, it becomes a huge deal, everyone finds out about it...but it turns out the Wr Coach was just trying to pull something on the guy, was trying to get him in trouble maybe he wanted his job and this guy was actually innocent.

the innocent guy is now forever known as the guy who was alleged to have raped little boys, and whose fault would it be that this innocent mans life was ruined..Paterno's for using his "power" to do what he "thought" was the right thing.

Paterno heard a STORY...Paterno didn't SEE the act take place....he should have pressed the AD after he saw nothing was done...but like Matt said...at first he did exactly what he was supposed to do.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]I gotta say next season I WILL be voting for smaller benches...U need help on your team because of injuries and u can't get it cause even back-ups are on peoples benches....very frustrating !!![/quote]

Michael Bush is one of the rare backups that wil always make a roster. Not for nothing, thats your bad for not targeting him as a McFad owner
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

true nuff''' but I will still be voting for smaller BN....the waiver wire is basically meaningless this season.</p>

</p>[/quote].
    i disagree that haveing a ton of talent in the FA pool would make the waiver wire more meaningful. IT will just be a scape goat for weaker players who make bad decisions and don't draft good
    [/quote]

Agreed, I don't see either one as really making a difference
    thus I will abstain from that vote when it takes place...either outcome
    will result in the same situation no point in bothering imho
    [/quote]

i just would always vote for bigger benches because it isn't an armchair for weaker players. Its too cpompetitive in here for that lol

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

another guy HEARD it happened.
    [/quote]</P>

dude you STILL have to report it!</P>

not only because it's unethical to not do so, but because it's you no longer have plausible deniability, therefore it's illegal to withhold that information.</P>

[/quote]

Well thats actually factually not true. If this was done in a business setting and this was an official report at work (which I think it was) then Joe Pa followed protocal at the time. Joe Pa went wrong by letting it slip through the cracks.

But at the time, its not Joe Pa's place to report it to the cops officially. Thats why he will be cleared. He did he what he was suppose to do. But again as a human being, he did wrong

But either way, it goes back to the guy WHO SAW THE RAPE HAPPEN! HE went to his superior? Hes the guy that should of been on his cell calling 911
    [/quote]if the wr coach DID go to a superior, he really didnt do anything wrong imo. could he have done more? yea but you cant fault him for it. this isnt a normal situation.
    [/quote]
    You can't fault him for not doing more!?!? This is getting unreal you guys. Exacty! It isn't a normal situation, which is exactly why everyone should have gone to the police.
    [/quote]listen, its easy to sit here and say what we all would have done but we dont know the individuals. if im a wr coach, i hear/see this atrocious act, what do i do? do i go over my coach and straight to the police which could get me fired? do i go over my coach and go to the dean who may think im nuts with no proof which could also get me fired? or do i go to coach whos been here forever and let him go to the dean.

im sorry but i most likely would have done the same thing.
    [/quote]

no offense, <U>i think if u see that and the first thought in your mind is your job then your a scumbag.</U> Thats the one truth I think I could say 100% definitly. If I saw it with my own two eyes, I would go over there and try to stop it and then report it, zero doubt in my mind
    [/quote] its easy to say without a kid and family to support.
    [/quote]

no its easy to say whenever

money isn't everything dezz. We're not talking about stealing a pack of twizzlers from 7-11 we're talking about a 12 year old kid having some 60 year old guy stick a **** in his *** against his will

That will never be a decision in my life on whats more important
    [/quote]like i said we dont know any of these individuals. and youre not a scumbag if you dont want to get involved in a certain situation and its not like wr coach kept it to himself. he went and told the head coach, who lets be honest, has more pull in the school. maybe the wr coach felt he could handle it better or know what to do. wr coach is innocent.
    [/quote]

<U>yea i dont want to get involved in a car accident, but if some ****** TBones me at a cross section on my way home from work, i'm involved</U>

Theres nothing this guy could do, hes involved against his will. Sometimes **** drops on your lap. I would judge anybody who didn't feel the need to stop a rape or do something to make sure that the scumbag got his.

On the level of the guy who saw it happen - who the g**** cares if he went to the head coach. Joe Paterno is the god of Penn State, not God. This may of happened AT Penn State with a Penn STate employee, but this isn't a Penn State matter.

IT became one when this guy decided to tell Joe Pa instead of the police, Joe Pa handled accordingly at first. Either way, this guy saw it happen and its incredible to me that you could say that he wa slooking out for his job and that makes it okay
    [/quote]totally irrelevant. totally. the wr coach would be a witness on the street. if this is a car accident the kids the one that got tboned.

and how is that joe pa handled this "accordingly at first" but the wr coach didnt? the wr coach did the same thing as joe pa!!! he went to his supervisor!!
    [/quote]

its not irrelevant at all. Once you witness a crime like that, you are involved. Thats the bottom line.

Because who the **** goes to their supervisor aft4er seeing a kid raped? Joe Pa was a middle man who had allegations dropped on his lap.
    <U>
    The Coach was a wtiness in a crime. </U>
    [/quote]being a witness doesnt make you the perp, or just as guilty. at the end of the day we KNOW the wr coach told SOMEONE with enough power to do something about it.
    [/quote]

when u witness a grown *** man raping a child and u do nothing to stop it or to even really report it - it makes u just as guilty. You let it happen.

Its like your living the life of denial for him with these responses. Enough power? I didn't realize you couldn't be a WRs coach, but had to be a head coach of a college football team to report a rape...

good to know
    [/quote]</P>

Did I hear the reports wrong? I heard he reported it to Joe Paterno himself.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

Nobody would fire Paterno for bringing this to light, hence why I feel it WASN'T handled right.</p>

ok, I think I'm out of ways to continue discussing this. I played all my cards =P</p>[/quote]

well by him telling the higher up he did bring it to light to the administration

But I dont think he should of did more than that initially. Once it got wiped away, thats when i agree Joe Pa should of used his power to do the right thing

+ Reply to Thread