+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"]The fact that he told someone, anyone makes the person who heard it just as guilty as him for not contacting the cops in my eyes.[/quote]

Well then you need Glasses, because Legally and Morally you are just wrong in my opinion by saying that.

Hearing a story about something....versus actually witnessing it are completely and separate things.

I've heard tons of stories not all of them were true and unless I truly believe them I'm not gonna act upon them....but I act upon **** I SEE go down with my own eyes.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Joe Paterno is the highest "higher up" there is at Penn State.[/quote]
    This is what you don't understand Matt.

It's like Coach K at Duke. They run the mother****er. There is no one higher.
    [/quote]

your a ****in fool if u think that.

I bet u said the same thing about Jim TRessell
    [/quote]
    Did you watch Matt Millen on SportsCenter when he broke down?

He went to Penn St, is a board member on Sandusky's charity and knows almost everyone at the school. He himself said there is no one higher at Penn St than Joe Pa except maybe the President of Penn St and that is debatable. Is that a credible enough source for you?

Jim Tressel is no Joe Pa Matt. You know better than that. There is no one more associated to a franchise in College Football more than Joe Pa. Would you agree? I was listening to talk radio today and they thought he more recognizable than Lombardi to the Packers.
    [/quote]</P>

Its reasonable toconclude that Joe Paterno was far more interested in protecting his program than protecting future victims.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Joe Paterno is the highest "higher up" there is at Penn State.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

i did, and it was heartbreaking to see it tear that poor guy apart.

BUT, he DID get very angry about how it was handled.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Joe Pa failed in his obligations to himself, his school and his community. "I didn't believe him" doesn't wash either.</p>

He has a damn obligation to do something more than pass it on to the AD. He's friggin Joe Paterno.</p>[/quote]

I don't necessarily disagree with that, he should have done more....but his failure pales in comparison to the failure of those who actually witnessed the events take place....they are not even remotely on the same level.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He went to Penn St, is a board member on Sandusky's charity and knows almost everyone at the school. He himself said there is no one higher at Penn St than Joe Pa except maybe the President of Penn St and that is debatable. Is that a credible enough source for you?

Jim Tressel is no Joe Pa Matt. You know better than that. <FONT color=#0000ff>There is no one more associated to a franchise in College Football more than Joe Pa. Would you agree?</FONT> I was listening to talk radio today and they thought he more recognizable than Lombardi to the Packers.
    [/quote]</P>

Eddie Robinson may disagree. </P>

But I do see your point. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Its reasonable toconclude that Joe Paterno was far more interested in protecting his program than protecting future victims.[/quote]

It's a reasonable or logical thought, that doesn't make it correct...

I'm not saying Paterno doesn't deserve his fair share of criticism on this, but we don't know how or what he was told, we knew he was told something but if some tweaker came up to me in a dark alley somewhere and told me my brother had killed someone I wouldn't believe him...

what we DO know is someone witnessed the rape of a small child and didn't do everything in his power to stop the rape and or to make sure the person was brought to justice....and that's a terrible terrible thing.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jim Tressel is no Joe Pa Matt. You know better than that. There is no one more associated to a franchise in College Football more than Joe Pa. Would you agree? I was listening to talk radio today and they thought he more recognizable than Lombardi to the Packers.
    [/quote]</p>

Its reasonable toconclude that Joe Paterno was far more interested in protecting his program than protecting future victims.</p>[/quote]
    Of course, the football program would have been demolished. 100's of lost scholarships and millions of dollars lost. He turned his back and so did everyone else for the same reason.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]The fact that he told someone, anyone makes the person who heard it just as guilty as him for not contacting the cops in my eyes.[/quote]

Well then you need Glasses, because Legally and Morally you are just wrong in my opinion by saying that.

Hearing a story about something....versus actually witnessing it are completely and separate things.

I've heard tons of stories not all of them were true and unless I truly believe them I'm not gonna act upon them....but I act upon **** I SEE go down with my own eyes.

[/quote]
    Legally yes. Morally no.

Hearing it and seeing it are 2 different things. But right and wrong isn't.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

i did, and it was heartbreaking to see it tear that poor guy apart.

BUT, he DID get very angry about how it was handled.</p>[/quote]
    I watched all 11 minutes and yea it was pretty sad. He was so angry and hurt.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    WHO THE **** CARES WHO THE MAN IS AT PEN NSTATE?!

Honestly, what the **** does that have to do with anything

This guy just saw a little kid get raped and your talking to me about the heirarchy and politics of a college, what the **** is wrong with you. What does that have to do with this guy not going to the police or stopping the rape when he saw it?
    [/quote]</p>

yupppp and thats exactly why i said ALL the people were in the wrong here. NOBODY did ANYTHING.</p>

[/quote]

i disagree...

JP wasn't a witness. He was approached as an employee by an employee and followed the chain of command. Once nothing was done is where he dropped the ball. It wasn't Paterno;s place to call the police, he didn't witness the crime and has no clue if theres any validity to the charges. NOW we know its true, but at the time he probably didn't
    [/quote]</p>

honestly matt...i dont care...
    If one co-worker came up to me for some reason and told me that they witnessed another co-worker molesting a child. if that person didn't call the police right there....youre ****ing right I would make that phone call. i have more allegiance to helplesschildren than I do my coworkers.
    I dont care about the feelings of someone I'm accusing....let the authorities sort it out. A college is not the authorities. If someone is innocent, great...they can prove it.
    IT IS NOT ANY PERSON'S PLACE TO MAKE A JUDGMENT CALL ON WHETHER OR NOT THE CRIME WAS COMMITED OTHER THAN POLICE, DETECTIVES, etc., LAWYERS, JUDGES AND JURY.....that's it. plain and simple. the school has absolutely NO busines in this situation.</p>[/quote]

well that would be pretty wreckless of you to just fully accept what a person tells you like that. Either way future reference you should make THEM make the call.

ANd honestly if u really didn't believe them and still did that u would be borderline insane. And If your coworker came up and said one of your boys raped a kid and u wouldn't of thought that to be true of your boy - im sorry i really doubt u'd be so quick to clal the cops
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread