+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]I completely agree. Joe Pa had a larger obligation. And I don't care if he's a mascot or not.[/quote]

Ridiculous.

the person who heard a story from some random janitor has a larger moral obligation to seek justice then the janitor who witnesses the act himself?

you are either Trolling or you've become temporarily insane.
    [/quote]</p>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</p>

</p>[/quote]

And I'm not saying that's wrong, what I'm saying is that it's worse not to do anything about something you SAW then not to do something about a story you heard from someone....

and don't give me he went to Joe Pa....that's not enough...he was right in doing that but wrong in not going further, he should have stopped it then in there or should have went to the cops...without doing either of those things he's in the wrong...morally, and more so then Joe Pa.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i hate the fact that because JP is the most popular person at Penn State people think he has his hand in legal, financial, and every other aspect of the place. Its actually scary to hear that from you guys
    [/quote]
    He has been the Coach since 1966. He is Penn St. How could you think he didn't?

Your negligence is weird considering how much you really know about football.
    [/quote]

for the simple reason right now:

the penn state committee is meeting right now to see if they'll let him finish out the season. Its not in his control. Your ****in nuts if you think one person has that much power. As much respect and love and all of that he gets for waht hes done there hes not the king in the sense that he actually rules everything there. This isn't the 1970s anymore
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"]Joe Pa probably handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints just like this during his tenure.[/quote]
    Really? Handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints like the DC raping a young boy in the shower.

LMAO, and I'm not the sensible one.
    [/quote]</P>

Yeah...we all have to hear thousands of man/boy rape cases in our lives every day. Its really hard to sort them out. How could Joe Pa be expected to?</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"]Joe Pa probably handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints just like this during his tenure.[/quote]
    Really? Handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints like the DC raping a young boy in the shower.

[/quote]

Yes, he probably did, do you think fake reports don't exist? do you think people don't try to get people in trouble? and when they do that who do they go to....oh that's right Joe Pa....and he has to report it to the AD...and they sort out whose telling the truth and who isn't.

[/quote]

no but im suuuuure hes dealt with MANNNNNY Rape cases with players...

i think he was speaking in general. Any type of legal situation with his team and staff has been handled the same way

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]I completely agree. Joe Pa had a larger obligation. And I don't care if he's a mascot or not.[/quote]

Ridiculous.

the person who heard a story from some random janitor has a larger moral obligation to seek justice then the janitor who witnesses the act himself?

[/quote]</p>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</p>

</p>[/quote]

yea the people who are suppose to handle these things didn't. Notice JP wasn't in cuffs?

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</P>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</P>

</P>

[/quote]

And I'm not saying that's wrong, what I'm saying is that it's worse not to do anything about something you SAW then not to do something about a story you heard from someone....

and don't give me he went to Joe Pa....that's not enough...he was right in doing that but wrong in not going further, he should have stopped it then in there or should have went to the cops...without doing either of those things he's in the wrong...morally, and more so then Joe Pa.
    [/quote]</P>

Obviously not. Since Joe Pa passed it along like an email forward.</P>

Maybe he expected more from the most important man in PSU history.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"]Joe Pa probably handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints just like this during his tenure.[/quote]

[/quote]

no but im suuuuure hes dealt with MANNNNNY Rape cases with players...

i think he was speaking in general. Any type of legal situation with his team and staff has been handled the same way
    [/quote]

Exactly....It may not have been the DC....but how many women in the college do you think claimed the star QB or RB raped them...or was the bady daddy or whatever man....Joe Pa. has had to deal with these issues for years and years and years....and they are dealt with the same way...passed along.

but when you SEE something lando...when you see it, the standards on how far you are willing to go are different.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Penn St. head football coach Joe Paterno
    just announced that he will retire at the end of the current football
    season ... calling the child molestation scandal, "one of the great
    sorrows of my life" and saying, "I wish I had done more."

Paterno
    released a statement saying, "I am absolutely devastated by the
    developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families,
    and I pray for their comfort and relief."

He added, "I have
    decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season.
    At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute
    discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I
    want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can."

"This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

"My
    goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish
    the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the
    rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University."

Officials say Paterno had knowledge that former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky had allegedly sexually abused a pre-teen boy in the showers in the Penn State locker room back in 2002.

Paterno reported the incident to the athletic director at Penn State -- but failed to notify the police.

The
    police commissioner says Paterno has not been accused of legal
    wrongdoing, but claims Paterno did NOT fulfill his "moral
    responsibility."[/quote]

i know u think this helps ur point and hurts ours, but thats also because like i've said 12 times u haven't grasped what we are saying.

[/quote]
    You don't grasp what I am saying Matt. I do understand what you are saying and have said that.
    [/quote]

okay but you understand him saying he wish he did more completely plays into the fact that he probably felt like he did he due dilligence by informing the AD. He probably wish he did more once he saw it went no where.

I highly doubt he regrets not calling the police right away
    [/quote]
    Then that just makes him an even more sick and disgusting ****ing peace of ****. Clearly he felt that way or he would have done more Matt, hence why he regrets it. lol HENCE, why he is getting the ****storm on him.
    [/quote]

no because had he reported it to his superiors and then nothing happened (like it did) and then he came back out and did osmething about it instead of letting it get swept under the run he would of been viewed as the hero

your in denial if u think he hasn't to report rape cases before

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</P>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</P>

</P>

[/quote]

yea the people who are suppose to handle these things didn't. Notice JP wasn't in cuffs?
    [/quote]</P>

If he had not passed it on to the AD, he would have. Although his legal exposure is low, the expectations of decent society will not be as lax.</P>

+ Reply to Thread