+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Are you drunk? This is personally insulting. [/quote]

Yes it is Morehead, and that's why I'm trying to not look at this discussion anymore, because you and Lando seem to be perfectly fine with the Assistant and Janitor who left a kid there to be raped and never went to the cops....

I'm literally disgusted with the two of you.

[/quote]</p>

Why would any reasonable person believe that we would think their behavior was OK?</p>

We have just argued that Joe Pa could have and should have done everything he could to prevent a child molester from abusing more children. I have no support in any way for witnesses to a horrific crime like this not doing everything to stop it. But we are talking about what Joe Paterno did or didn't do.</p>

I just spelled out what I think he should have done immediately. Do you disagree with any of that?</p>

Either way....go **** yourself.</p>[/quote]

its coming off that u find McQueary no more or less guilty than JP and thats really burning us. JP didn't visually see anything and as disgusting as all his acts were he wasn't the one that didn't stop the rape. JP deserves his, we all agree on that. Whether we think he should of called the cops when McQueary came into his office is moot.

BUT, the level of hate you should have for McQueary should far surpass JP.
    [/quote]
    Once McQueary told Joe Pa he had just as much responsibility to make sure it stopped and the authorities to be alerted. Joe knew the guy and saw how distraught he was. It was not like he had any question whether it happened or not. He admitted that. Joe did the exact same thing McQueary did, he just didn't see it. Not only that...

but Joe already knew it happened once before when the Janitor reported it and did nothing. You guys never mention that. This was the 2nd time he heard about it and did nothing the first time either. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]
    You are wrong Dez. It is against Pennsylvania law to hear about child crimes and not report it. The only reason he and Joe are not being charged is because they alerted people higher up which is complete bull**** in my eyes. Everyone should ****en burn in this thing.
    [/quote]

but we're not talking Pennsylvania law remember? We're talking PENN STATE law

isn't that what the two of u have been arguing and thats where JP's power comes in? You can't really think that JP has power of Pennsylvania law
    [/quote]
    It's his word and the trust and standing it comes with. It means more than a regular person.

If I tell you how to shoot a jumpshot you won't care, if Jordan tells you, you'll listen.

If McQueary goes to the cops they might say ehhh we'll see. If Joe goes there, THEY ACT!
    [/quote]

this ain't the movies...

if somebody reports a rape, somebody reports a rape.

Had mCqueary stopped it and called the cops at the moment, there would of been NO WAY there was any wiggle room. Its like your suggesting that any rape isn't taken serious unless a celebrity calls it in. Your stance on this is literally insane

Are you really comparing jordan teaching me a jumpshot to a football caoch reporting a rape?

That literally makes ZERO sense.

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]
    You are wrong Dez. It is against Pennsylvania law to hear about child crimes and not report it. The only reason he and Joe are not being charged is because they alerted people higher up which is complete bull**** in my eyes. Everyone should ****en burn in this thing.
    [/quote]

but we're not talking Pennsylvania law remember? We're talking PENN STATE law

isn't that what the two of u have been arguing and thats where JP's power comes in? You can't really think that JP has power of Pennsylvania law
    [/quote]
    It's his word and the trust and standing it comes with. It means more than a regular person.

If I tell you how to shoot a jumpshot you won't care, if Jordan tells you, you'll listen.

If McQueary goes to the cops they might say ehhh we'll see. If Joe goes there, THEY ACT!
    [/quote]this^^^^^^^^^^^

[/quote]

well read my response to that

because its moronic

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Are you drunk? This is personally insulting. [/quote]

Yes it is Morehead, and that's why I'm trying to not look at this discussion anymore, because you and Lando seem to be perfectly fine with the Assistant and Janitor who left a kid there to be raped and never went to the cops....

[/quote]
    Then you don't see what we are saying Daven. We are against exactly what you said. Everyone is at fault here. <font size="6">Just as much at fault.</font> Any of the people involved should have gone to the cops the moment they saw it. Everyone just kept covering it up. Joe could have used his "power" and stopped it. Instead he did nothing just like everyone else. No one is in the position that Joe is when it comes to that University.

My stance is the exact opposite of what you are saying Daven. I don't understand how you got what I've been saying so twisted. I don't know why the kids dad didn't tell him to call the cops instead of saying come home and we'll talk about it.

[/quote]

thats where ur wrong

McQueary is more at fualt. He didn't stop the rape from occuring when he physically was able to and somebody who witnesses the act is very different than somebody who hears about the act.

Not that the perosn who hears of the act should be off the hook.

WHO THE **** CARE?! The coach wasnt' a ****in kid! The fact that he didn't have the balls to stop the rape and common sense to notify the authorities himself is more gross than the aD covering it up. Because <u>McQueary is guitly of all the **** that JP and the AD are, except more.</u>
    [/quote]no hes not! the school board or whatever have the power to remove the scumbag perminately from the campus, and their words would hold more weight when telling police. its just the way it is.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Daven, this debate is about what the responsibilities of Joe Paterno were in this situation.[/quote]

No Morehead...It's not and it never has been.

[quote user="Morehead State"]It seems that you and Matt think that simply reporting to the AD was enough, at least at first. I say at first there were a number of other things he should have done and didn't.I numbered them 1 thru 4.</p>

I'm not arguing about what the janitor or the assistant should have done. they are nothing to me. I've been watching Joe Pa for well over 40 years. Its his cupability that I am interested in and its his culpability that this debate is about.</p>

If you want ot hang the dementiated janitor and the pathetic assistant from the highest tree,..go ahead.</p>

But its not what this debate is about.[/quote]</p>

</p>

The Debate is about whose to blame for letting this ******* walk for 10+ years after people became away of his actions, Joe Pa. is a MAN just as Calhoun and McQueary are, their "status" makes no difference when it comes to this.</p>Calhoun and McQueary saw this take place in front of their eyes they had FIRST hand knowledge, therefore their responsibility to make sure the man is brought to justice is higher then Joe Paterno's who privy to SECOND hand knowledge of it.

And you continued defense of Calhoun and McQueary is really pissing me off.
    [/quote]
    me and u are starting to split with some specific points

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Theres no argument between the value of seeing something with ur own eyes and second hand hearing about it. Your trying to make the connection that they are equally as bad and thats not true.
    [/quote]
    Maybe, guess it depends on how much you trust the person telling you and how upset they are?

If some Bob off the road tells you then yea, not even close. If a good friend or co-worker that you trust with your family comes to you visibly shaken and very upset then I disagree.

As far as I'm concerned, Joe may as well of seen it himself. He would have done nothing different. For all we know he might not have said anything to anyone. Maybe the only reason he said something is because McQueary came to him about it and he felt he had to.

Also, this all could have been stopped the first time when the Janitor saw it. It got covered up then to and they ruined that Janitors life. No charges were ever filed and that guy went crazy from what he saw.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Are you drunk? This is personally insulting. [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Why would any reasonable person believe that we would think their behavior was OK?</p>

We have just argued that Joe Pa could have and should have done everything he could to prevent a child molester from abusing more children. I have no support in any way for witnesses to a horrific crime like this not doing everything to stop it. But we are talking about what Joe Paterno did or didn't do.</p>

I just spelled out what I think he should have done immediately. Do you disagree with any of that?</p>

Either way....go **** yourself.</p>[/quote]

its coming off that u find McQueary no more or less guilty than JP and thats really burning us. JP didn't visually see anything and as disgusting as all his acts were he wasn't the one that didn't stop the rape. JP deserves his, we all agree on that. Whether we think he should of called the cops when McQueary came into his office is moot.

BUT, the level of hate you should have for McQueary should far surpass JP.
    [/quote]
    Once McQueary told Joe Pa he had just as much responsibility to make sure it stopped and the authorities to be alerted. Joe knew the guy and saw how distraught he was. It was not like he had any question whether it happened or not. He admitted that. Joe did the exact same thing McQueary did, he just didn't see it. Not only that...

but Joe already knew it happened once before when the Janitor reported it and did nothing. You guys never mention that. This was the 2nd time he heard about it and did nothing the first time either. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    [/quote]

your living in a fairy tale world

For the same reasons that u disagree with us about whether JP should have called the cops right away, applies to our theories on McQueary.

He should of never turned his back to the rape and he should of never gone to JP, he should of went to the police. How u can give McQueary a pass for not going to the police but condemn JP for it is the flaw in ur logic that is insane.

JP wasnt' a witness, McQueary was

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Are you drunk? This is personally insulting. [/quote]

[/quote]
    Then you don't see what we are saying Daven. We are against exactly what you said. Everyone is at fault here. <font size="6">Just as much at fault.</font> Any of the people involved should have gone to the cops the moment they saw it. Everyone just kept covering it up. Joe could have used his "power" and stopped it. Instead he did nothing just like everyone else. No one is in the position that Joe is when it comes to that University.

My stance is the exact opposite of what you are saying Daven. I don't understand how you got what I've been saying so twisted. I don't know why the kids dad didn't tell him to call the cops instead of saying come home and we'll talk about it.

[/quote]

thats where ur wrong

McQueary is more at fualt. He didn't stop the rape from occuring when he physically was able to and somebody who witnesses the act is very different than somebody who hears about the act.

Not that the perosn who hears of the act should be off the hook.

WHO THE **** CARE?! The coach wasnt' a ****in kid! The fact that he didn't have the balls to stop the rape and common sense to notify the authorities himself is more gross than the aD covering it up. Because <u>McQueary is guitly of all the **** that JP and the AD are, except more.</u>
    [/quote]no hes not! the school board or whatever have the power to remove the scumbag perminately from the campus, and their words would hold more weight when telling police. its just the way it is.
    [/quote]

LOL your a ****in fool

How would that conversation with the police go?

JP: MCqueary came to my office and told me this rape happened.

That would be the extent of it, then the ywould of talked to McQueary.

and this guy rapes a child and your worrying about if hes on campus or not? WTF is wrong with u guys? Who the **** cares., he should of been in cuffs within the hour of McQueary cathcing him.

MCQearuy covered it up just as long and turned his head and still worked at Penn state and saw Sandusky all the time. Only difference is that in the court of law if they are on trial, McQueary's testimony would put Sundusky away.

Its amazing, ur making MCQeuary out to be some crack addict living on the streets to where if he reported this he wouldn't be taken serious

<div class="report">

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) was not participating in Giants practice Thursday.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    At this point, it's hard to see Bradshaw playing
    against the 49ers Sunday. Original reports from the Giants beat writers
    had Bradshaw out "at least several weeks." This Sunday marks just two
    weeks since he aggravated his recurring foot issues. We can pencil in
    Brandon Jacobs as a weak RB2 in a brutal matchup for now.
    </div>

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Theres no argument between the value of seeing something with ur own eyes and second hand hearing about it. Your trying to make the connection that they are equally as bad and thats not true.
    [/quote]
    Maybe, guess it depends on how much you trust the person telling you and how upset they are?

If some Bob off the road tells you then yea, not even close. If a good friend or co-worker that you trust with your family comes to you visibly shaken and very upset then I disagree.

As far as I'm concerned, Joe may as well of seen it himself. He would have done nothing different. For all we know he might not have said anything to anyone. Maybe the only reason he said something is because McQueary came to him about it and he felt he had to.

Also, this all could have been stopped the first time when the Janitor saw it. It got covered up then to and they ruined that Janitors life. No charges were ever filed and that guy went crazy from what he saw.
    [/quote]

are people not actors in this world? No matter HOW much you believe them you still won't know 100% because you were not there. Im sorry but thats not even arguable

What if somebody u work with tells you about a close friend of yours for 40 years? Does that pass your logic?

Well as far as your concerned, thats why im saying ur being emotional with hindsight because your not being realistic and logical. Either way, he didn't see it himself and u can't over loook or down play that. The first question in my head if I was JP is why would this guy not go to the police with, why is he in my office.

+ Reply to Thread