+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

<div class="report">

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane "can't
    see how" Michael Vick will get back from his two broken ribs in time to
    play against the Giants on Sunday.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    The general consensus among the Eagles beat writers
    is that it's not worth the risk for Vick to try to suit up against the
    Giants. Coach Andy Reid isn't ruling out Vick just yet, but the tea
    leaves suggest Vince Young will make his first Eagles start in Week 11.</div>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>
    <div class="impact">
    leaves suggest Vince Young will make his first Eagles start in Week 11.</div>[/quote]

flllyyyy eagggleeess fllllyyyyyy
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>
    <div class="impact">
    leaves suggest Vince Young will make his first Eagles start in Week 11.</div>[/quote]

diiiiiie eagggleeess diiiiiiieeee
    [/quote]there yaaa gooo.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>
    <div class="impact">

diiiiiie eagggleeess diiiiiiieeee
    [/quote]there yaaa gooo.
    [/quote]

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]i agree with you there, but i was impressed with bj last year. thought he did well because he was fresh, and not banged up like he always is.
    [/quote]

his two 1000+ yard years he carried the majority of the load and yet still average 5.0...he only started to suck when Bradshaw ate more and more into his carries...I think because he tried to change his style to win in back...which is his downfall....he "acts" supremely confident...but I don't think he is, I think he's trying to be something he's not a lot of the time and that's his biggest problem.
    [/quote]

factually untrue.[/quote]

Whats factually untrue? he had 2 1000 Yard season and in both he carried the majority of the load.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"] Infact his best year as a giant with bradshaw playing was probably last year. Bradshaw only started eating into his numbers in 09

and even before that somebody was ALWAYS taking carries away from BJ - lets not forget Tiki and Ward
    [/quote]

Yes others took carries from him, there is no factual information in my post besides the fact that he had two 1000 yard season in which he carried the load and both season averaged 5.0YPC...so it's not like he couldn't/can't be good as the #1 he proved he could.

now whether or not he tries to be someone he's not because other guys are taking carries away from him...that's another topic..that's my opinion so it can't be factually inaccurate because I'm not using facts to support it

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]i agree with you there, but i was impressed with bj last year. thought he did well because he was fresh, and not banged up like he always is.
    [/quote]

his two 1000+ yard years he carried the majority of the load and yet still average 5.0...he only started to suck when Bradshaw ate more and more into his carries...I think because he tried to change his style to win in back...which is his downfall....he "acts" supremely confident...but I don't think he is, I think he's trying to be something he's not a lot of the time and that's his biggest problem.
    [/quote]

factually untrue.[/quote]

Whats factually untrue? he had 2 1000 Yard season and in both he carried the majority of the load.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"] Infact his best year as a giant with bradshaw playing was probably last year. Bradshaw only started eating into his numbers in 09

and even before that somebody was ALWAYS taking carries away from BJ - lets not forget Tiki and Ward
    [/quote]

Yes others took carries from him, there is no factual information in my post besides the fact that he had two 1000 yard season in which he carried the load and both season averaged 5.0YPC...so it's not like he couldn't/can't be good as the #1 he proved he could.

now whether or not he tries to be someone he's not because other guys are taking carries away from him...that's another topic..that's my opinion so it can't be factually inaccurate because I'm not using facts to support it
    [/quote]

well its unfactual because 2009 he had the most carries in his career and had his worst year... just saying it had nothing to do with bradshaw

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

well its unfactual because 2009 he had the most carries in his career and had his worst year... just saying it had nothing to do with bradshaw
    [/quote]

I never said he didn't have a bad year in 2009 matt, I said he had two 1000 yard season (2007-08) in which he averaged 5.0 YPC...what was factually inacurate about that?

I also presented an opinion, that Jacobs tries to run in a way that is not his style because he's always been afraid of bradshaw (or tiki or whatever) taking his job away...but there are no facts there to BE factually inaccurate, that's just my opinion.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

I never said he didn't have a bad year in 2009 matt, I said he had two 1000 yard season (2007-08) in which he averaged 5.0 YPC...what was factually inacurate about that?

I also presented an opinion, that Jacobs tries to run in a way that is not his style because he's always been afraid of bradshaw (or tiki or whatever) taking his job away...but there are no facts there to BE factually inaccurate, that's just my opinion.
    [/quote]

You suggested that when bradshaw came and started taking carries away from Jacobs he started to not play good...

whats inaccurate about it is the fact that Bradshaw even TOOK carries away from Jacobs. Jacobs had his career high in 09 which was BRadshaws career high.

You mention last 2010 and Jacobs not getting enough credit and i'm on the same page as that with you as that. But the reality of it is that after his decline in 09, I think being the #2 back was what let him succeed. I still think hes valuable and can contribute - but he just can't be a feature back.

Infact he never even was.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

You suggested that when bradshaw came and started taking carries away from Jacobs he started to not play good...

whats inaccurate about it is the fact that Bradshaw even TOOK carries away from Jacobs. Jacobs had his career high in 09 which was BRadshaws career high.

You mention last 2010 and Jacobs not getting enough credit and i'm on the same page as that with you as that. But the reality of it is that after his decline in 09, I think being the #2 back was what let him succeed. I still think hes valuable and can contribute - but he just can't be a feature back.

[/quote]

Blah blah blah you are angry that my opinion on the reason Jacobs is running and has run poorly is that he's worried about someone taking his job (be it Tiki Bradshaw or Ware whoever)

I never presented "facts" to support my opinion on why Jacobs had bad years...I provided facts showing that he did have good years where he averaged 5ypc while carrying the load.

your factually inaccurate claim is bogus because you are claiming I was factually inaccurate on a opinion in which no facts where used, you lose sir.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

Blah blah blah you are angry that my opinion on the reason Jacobs is running and has run poorly is that he's worried about someone taking his job (be it Tiki Bradshaw or Ware whoever)

I never presented "facts" to support my opinion on why Jacobs had bad years...I provided facts showing that he did have good years where he averaged 5ypc while carrying the load.

your factually inaccurate claim is bogus because you are claiming I was factually inaccurate on a opinion in which no facts where used, you lose sir.
    [/quote]

lol what am i angry about, just because i proved that one point u made wasn't true?

Just correcting you.

And while I do think ur conspiracy theory is silly, i could care less.

"his two 1000+ yard years he carried the majority of the load and yet
    still average 5.0...he only started to suck when Bradshaw ate more and
    more into his carries."

thats your copy and pasted qoute...

So lets go through how that is FACTUALLY INACCURATE

2009 - The first real year Bradshaw had a role for our team. Awful year by BJ, but also the year he had the most carries in his career. So there was no "CUTTING" into BJs carries. He actually had more of a role and didn't do as well..

2010 - the year we both agree that Jacobs had a sick year, this was the year that Bradshaw DID cut into his carries and he had some of the best averages of his life.

don't forget 09 while it says Bradshaw played 15 games he was HEAVILY limited the second half of the year because of his foot.

So the reality of it is that when we leaned on JAcobs to be the feature guy he didn't perform

+ Reply to Thread