+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="JPizzack"]Separate discussion...

Does anyone feel like College football really sucks nowadays?
    I honestly can't stand to watch it anymore. The imbalance of conferences obviously is one big reason I hate it because you get ridiculous blowouts.
    But at the same time, on occasion you get 2 teams that will go like 55-50 scores.....wtf?! how you ever heard of defense?!! Who wants to watch this ****?[/quote]

college football awlays sucked for me

i can't get into it
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey pappy,

didn't want to spam that thread but the other day when u asked if I knew what Lomas said to you, i thought u meant the poster not Lomas Brown lol. Thats why I was like I don't care lol.

First off, did u ask him about Steve's? If you didn't then I hope your wife cooks your steak in Maggies Sauce tonight. Secondly, like I said its not a true run n gun. I've said many many times its like a hybrid balanced run n shoot.

The Run n Shoot offenses only characteristic WASNT only just whipping the ball around the field. The pre-snap motions was a big part of it as was the routes run by WRs. Both offenses have that on the fly reads which the passing game is pretty much based on.

Gilbride was a Run n Shoot baby, so while hes not running the truest form of it he absolutely took ALOT of characteristics from it.
    [/quote]</P>

A.. I totally forget to ask about Steves and I'm kicking myself over it.</P>

B. I mentioned you by name and asked specifically if there were any remnants of the Run and Shoot in the Giants offense. Honestly...He laughed. This guy was the starting left tackle in a legit Run and Shoot offense under Wayne Fontes. He described the basics of the run and shoot and he said that none of the fundamentals of that offense exist in the NFL.</P>

He said when they got away from the run and shoot they had to draft and sign almost an entirely different group of players. He said they didn't have a TE or a FB. The WR's were too small for a regular NFL offense. I gave you a good shake. This is just what he said.</P>

I still can't believe I forgot to ask him about Steve's. Next time I will.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

What do you guys think about the "well at least the game was entertaining" thread?
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]Separate discussion...

Does anyone feel like College football really sucks nowadays?
    I honestly can't stand to watch it anymore. The imbalance of conferences obviously is one big reason I hate it because you get ridiculous blowouts.
    But at the same time, on occasion you get 2 teams that will go like 55-50 scores.....wtf?! how you ever heard of defense?!! Who wants to watch this ****?[/quote]

college football awlays sucked for me

i can't get into it
    [/quote]

Same, I can watch a Michigan game occasionally cause I was a fan of the uniforms when I was a little kid but that's about it.

No idea why the look on my face is so goofy</P>

.</P>

</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

didn't want to spam that thread but the other day when u asked if I knew what Lomas said to you, i thought u meant the poster not Lomas Brown lol. Thats why I was like I don't care lol.

First off, did u ask him about Steve's? If you didn't then I hope your wife cooks your steak in Maggies Sauce tonight. Secondly, like I said its not a true run n gun. I've said many many times its like a hybrid balanced run n shoot.

The Run n Shoot offenses only characteristic WASNT only just whipping the ball around the field. The pre-snap motions was a big part of it as was the routes run by WRs. Both offenses have that on the fly reads which the passing game is pretty much based on.

Gilbride was a Run n Shoot baby, so while hes not running the truest form of it he absolutely took ALOT of characteristics from it.
    [/quote]</p>

A.. I totally forget to ask about Steves and I'm kicking myself over it.</p>

B. I mentioned you by name and asked specifically if there were any remnants of the Run and Shoot in the Giants offense. Honestly...He laughed. This guy was the starting left tackle in a legit Run and Shoot offense under Wayne Fontes. He described the basics of the run and shoot and he said that none of the fundamentals of that offense exist in the NFL.</p>

He said when they got away from the run and shoot they had to draft and sign almost an entirely different group of players. He said they didn't have a TE or a FB. The WR's were too small for a regular NFL offense. I gave you a good shake. This is just what he said.</p>

I still can't believe I forgot to ask him about Steve's. Next time I will.</p>[/quote]

well i would love to bring my points up to him. Because if he suggests that GIlbride isn't using components of the Run n Shoot then I think hes crazy.

You can't deny all of our presnap motion to try and read what a defense is doing ISNT directly from the Run n Shoot or the most basic proponent of on the fly routes at the magnitude we run them isn't another HUGE characteristic of the run n shoot.

Just because we don't run 4 wide all game, which is also an untrue stereotype of the run n shoot, and we do run the ball alot more - doesn't mean anything. Gilbride has meshed together Coughlins general philosophies with the run n shoot he has mastered over his time in the league.

No idea why the look on my face is so goofy</p>

.</p>

</p>[/quote]

haha

[quote user="Morehead State"]What do you guys think about the "well at least the game was entertaining" thread?[/quote]

didn't read it, but in general thats how i felt. Sucks we lost, I don't feel overly bad about it.

I think the 49ers are a better team than I thought. I disagree that Alex Smith EVER looked like Joe Montana

on the scales of losses i've had to sit through for the past 4 years - it ranks very low

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]What do you guys think about the "well at least the game was entertaining" thread?[/quote]

didn't read it, but in general thats how i felt. Sucks we lost, I don't feel overly bad about it.

I think the 49ers are a better team than I thought. I disagree that Alex Smith EVER looked like Joe Montana

on the scales of losses i've had to sit through for the past 4 years - it ranks very low
    [/quote]

infact this year alone it was the easiest loss to swallow

[/quote]</p>

A.. I totally forget to ask about Steves and I'm kicking myself over it.</p>

B. I mentioned you by name and asked specifically if there were any remnants of the Run and Shoot in the Giants offense. Honestly...He laughed. This guy was the starting left tackle in a legit Run and Shoot offense under Wayne Fontes. He described the basics of the run and shoot and he said that none of the fundamentals of that offense exist in the NFL.</p>

He said when they got away from the run and shoot they had to draft and sign almost an entirely different group of players. He said they didn't have a TE or a FB. The WR's were too small for a regular NFL offense. I gave you a good shake. This is just what he said.</p>

I still can't believe I forgot to ask him about Steve's. Next time I will.</p>[/quote]why are run and shoot wrs smaller? and why wouldnt they be able to play "regular nfl offense". a good wr, no matter how big, can play in any scheme imo.

+ Reply to Thread