+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post asked Steve Smith if he regrets leaving the Giants for the Eagles. Smith's response? "Oh, no. I'd rather have more money in my pocket."

[/quote]</P>

And to think there are fans on these boards who want him back next season. </P>

I was done with him the second he signed that contract with the Eagles. </P>

</P>

[/quote]what a dumbass. if he was patient, put in a decent season the giants probably would of paid him more.big dummy.
    [/quote]

honestly, your both better than that

Dude never got a big contract, never made huge money. 1 Million different to him really isn't much of a difference than a million dollars to us

Lets stop like he should of been better than that - no he shouldn't of. He should of went to Philly. There is NO guarantee in his future in the NFL and especially when he signed that deal it was looking grimm

He would of been a moron to sign here. We all got emotional at first about it, but by now u have to come to your senses. If he signed a big deal here and then got hurt and he got cut u wouldn't be cursing out the organization.

I still think theres a shot hes back next year. depends what happens with Mario
    [/quote]i dont feel bad for him. he made his few million, we offered him 30 something, he turned it down. if he wasnt greedy hed have more money, a lot more money.
    [/quote]

who the hell asked if u felt sorry for him

bottom line was at the time of when he needed a contract he went to the place that he would get more money and playing time.

As for the past contract thats fine, but PLEASE tell me how many players sign the first thing offered to them. Its not how negotiating works.

I'm sure if u were a WR in the NFL and you were playing for somebody like the 49ers and they drafted you, you would just sign the first thing they gave you --- because thats realistic
    [/quote]MMB-How's the tooth today?
    [/quote]</P>

Don't ask.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]We kill Eagles soon
    [/quote]</P>

We are having a massive "family dinner" at our house for the eagles game. My mom's idea actually lol...
    we have all my friends over for football all day, drinking beers, eating like pigs. And then before the Giants game, my mom is making a bunch of trays of lasagna.
    My brother started the idea with his friends....but i perfected it, and have turned it into a Superbowl party basically lol.
    so....wanna come over, Lando? lol</P>

[/quote]
    Only if your brothers let me feed them.

Sounds awesome. I think I'll go to a bar and cuss at people.
    [/quote]JP-I love lasagna. Sounds like a time!
    [/quote]</P>

nooooo doubt!!
    I love having all my friends over to my parents'....they all give my mom a hard time cuz she's really cool and they know she doesnt care, it's kinda funny</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post asked Steve Smith if he regrets leaving the Giants for the Eagles. Smith's response? "Oh, no. I'd rather have more money in my pocket."

[/quote]</p>

And to think there are fans on these boards who want him back next season. </p>

I was done with him the second he signed that contract with the Eagles. </p>

</p>

[/quote]what a dumbass. if he was patient, put in a decent season the giants probably would of paid him more.big dummy.
    [/quote]

Dude never got a big contract, never made huge money. 1 Million different to him really isn't much of a difference than a million dollars to us

Lets stop like he should of been better than that - no he shouldn't of. He should of went to Philly. There is NO guarantee in his future in the NFL and especially when he signed that deal it was looking grimm

He would of been a moron to sign here. We all got emotional at first about it, but by now u have to come to your senses. If he signed a big deal here and then got hurt and he got cut u wouldn't be cursing out the organization.

[/quote]i dont feel bad for him. he made his few million, we offered him 30 something, he turned it down. if he wasnt greedy hed have more money, a lot more money.
    [/quote]</p>

You are omitting the fact that he was offered that contract before he got hurt. He was a 100+ catch/year guy when they offered him that money. He was coming off microfracture surgery when the Eagles offered $4MM. Plus the Giants had already planned to put him on PUP.</p>

His choice was easy. Go with the team that offered him a lot less where he wasn't going to play until week 7 at best, or go to the team that offered him a lot more and told him he could play immediately.</p>

That was a no brainer to me. You just can't kill him for that.</p>[/quote]

exactly

the Giants obviously didn't want him and thats how it worked out
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

</P>[/quote]what a dumbass. if he was patient, put in a decent season the giants probably would of paid him more.big dummy.
    [/quote]

[/quote]I can't kill him for taking that money all... hecould have maybe toned down the talk but hey he was mad at what he throught was a **** offer from the Giants ...I don't care one way or the other if he comes back....Matt do you think this coaching staff game plans downto the level of competition form week to week.....we blitz the eagles /pats to take away their pass game we play the 49'ers totally against the run...when they come throwing we don't adjust or it seemed ...this staff drives me crazy....they got out coached last week... imo

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>[/quote]what a dumbass. if he was patient, put in a decent season the giants probably would of paid him more.big dummy.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

bottom line was at the time of when he needed a contract he went to the place that he would get more money and playing time.

As for the past contract thats fine, but PLEASE tell me how many players sign the first thing offered to them. Its not how negotiating works.

I'm sure if u were a WR in the NFL and you were playing for somebody like the 49ers and they drafted you, you would just sign the first thing they gave you --- because thats realistic
    [/quote]well being that the giants previously offered me 30 something mill before i was injured, yea i would of stayed with them, a system im familiar with, and try my hardest to produce. if smith stayed and did decent this year, he probably would of gotten a better contract next year. now he looks lost in a new system and the eagles are trying to get rid of him. lol suuuuucks for him

Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]well being that the giants previously offered me 30 something mill before i was injured, yea i would of stayed with them, a system im familiar with, and try my hardest to produce. if smith stayed and did decent this year, he probably would of gotten a better contract next year. now he looks lost in a new system and the eagles are trying to get rid of him. lol suuuuucks for him
    [/quote]</P>

Now you're just being stupid. No need to continue to discuss this with you.</P>

Play and get $4MM or Don't play and get far, far less.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>[/quote]what a dumbass. if he was patient, put in a decent season the giants probably would of paid him more.big dummy.
    [/quote]

[/quote]I can't kill him for taking that money all... hecould have maybe toned down the talk but hey he was mad at what he throught was a **** offer from the Giants ...I don't care one way or the other if he comes back....Matt do you think this coaching staff game plans downto the level of competition form week to week.....we blitz the eagles /pats to take away their pass game we play the 49'ers totally against the run...when they come throwing we don't adjust or it seemed ...this staff drives me crazy....they got out coached last week... imo[/quote]

not sure what you mean by game plans down

I think they try to stick to their general philosophies, while taking into account their opponents philosophies and successes, and try to attack the weaknesses they see.

Im not sure i'd call that performance past week game planning down. The reality of it is that the last TD SF scored, they got the ball on the 17 to start the drive, the VD TD was a ****up by Jones by not recognizing he was in man coverage and VD streaked the field wide open. I just disagree that Alex Smith looked as good as people are suggesting. Reality of it is if we defend that play vs Davis its 3rd down and they would of had to hit a 50 yarder.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

could u be the greatest daven we've ever seen or do u actually believe the garbage you type

#questionofthecentury

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Now you're just being stupid.<u> No need to continue to discuss this with you.</u></p>

Play and get $4MM or Don't play and get far, far less.</p>[/quote]please do me the favor.

+ Reply to Thread