+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

Your opinions?

County Inspector came by and apologized profusely to my wife for me having to sure up the generator with that heavy duty concrete job I did 2 weeks ago. He said that code completely does not require a concrete pad under a generator. Tell that to the town clerk?

Inspector said that it really sucks for us, because now I cannot have a barbeque on the deck which is located about 10 ft above and 5 feet behind the generator location. To add insult to injury, he said that my original selected location for the generator would have been fine.

At this point all the electric is run to the current location. I spent 12-15 hours on the concrete process.

Town is apologizing, county is apologizing, Propane company just called me and told me that they are making an exception and will have their people there by noon tomorrow(they don't work Saturday's).

BUT I have to do more work. I must have a 4 foot long 24" deep trench dug from the point where the propane supply currently is to the generator by 12 pm Saturday afternoon.

Do I say screw all the work I have done up to this point and relocate the monster gen. to my original intended location. A a later time Jack hammer the hell out of the concrete and dispose of in woods....and disconnect current electric. If I take that route, electric will have to be rewired from current spot to a different location.

I am just freaked out, not sure which direction to go now.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

County Inspector came by and apologized profusely to my wife for me having to sure up the generator with that heavy duty concrete job I did 2 weeks ago. He said that code completely does not require a concrete pad under a generator. Tell that to the town clerk?

Inspector said that it really sucks for us, because now I cannot have a barbeque on the deck which is located about 10 ft above and 5 feet behind the generator location. To add insult to injury, he said that my original selected location for the generator would have been fine.

At this point all the electric is run to the current location. I spent 12-15 hours on the concrete process.

Town is apologizing, county is apologizing, Propane company just called me and told me that they are making an exception and will have their people there by noon tomorrow(they don't work Saturday's).

BUT I have to do more work. I must have a 4 foot long 24" deep trench dug from the point where the propane supply currently is to the generator by 12 pm Saturday afternoon.

Do I say screw all the work I have done up to this point and relocate the monster gen. to my original intended location. A a later time Jack hammer the hell out of the concrete and dispose of in woods....and disconnect current electric. If I take that route, electric will have to be rewired from current spot to a different location.

[/quote]sooooo rebar wasnt a good idea? lol sorry man that sucks. who was giving you the attitude? the town?

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

[/quote]

tell them an apology is nice, being reimbursed is fair.

ITs not your fault that they hired uneducated people that you HAVE to listen to
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

[/quote]sooooo rebar wasnt a good idea? lol sorry man that sucks. who was giving you the attitude? the town?
    [/quote]haha, I should not laugh--as I planned all the rebar install, I thought to myself, boy, I hope I don't have to take this apart-LOL. I will assume responsibility---I should have questioned the town.

I was involved in this one from the start, I created the drawings with the propane co.--I took them to the town myself with the permit fees and documentation.

I went to see the woman in charge at the town twice--each time I left all was wonderful. My electrician went in there one day and EVERYTHING changed. He's a good guy that I have worked with for years. That's where I failed---I should of went immediately back to the town and asked why the change? I even considered doing that before I did the concrete. That's what burns my ***.

DAMMMMMITTT.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

[/quote]haha, I should not laugh--as I planned all the rebar install, I thought to myself, boy, I hope I don't have to take this apart-LOL. I will assume responsibility---I should have questioned the town.

I was involved in this one from the start, I created the drawings with the propane co.--I took them to the town myself with the permit fees and documentation.

I went to see the woman in charge at the town twice--each time I left all was wonderful. My electrician went in there one day and EVERYTHING changed. He's a good guy that I have worked with for years. That's where I failed---I should of went immediately back to the town and asked why the change? I even considered doing that before I did the concrete. That's what burns my ***.

DAMMMMMITTT.

[/quote]

fuccckkk thattttt

i would flip it on them

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

[/quote]

[/quote]Good Point. Wife said same, lol. What's the chance I ever get paid from the town for my time and materials without legal expenses?

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

[/quote]

[/quote]Good Point. Wife said same, lol. What's the chance I ever get paid from the town for my time and materials without legal expenses?
    [/quote]

I would include the cost of legal expenses in the lawsuit lol

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

DAMMMMMITTT.

[/quote]

fuccckkk thattttt

i would flip it on them
    [/quote]My discussion this am were flipping the entire thing on the town and propane company for not knowing how to direct a client who is giving them more than ample opportunity to tell him if we have every base covered and are in order for each step as it came. He was a good guy-who got the inspector there today and is the reason they are coming tomorrow @ noon.

He said I'm calling the town right now-they can't be giving erroneous info to residents and screwing up the process like this...were going to use you as an example to bring this to the inspectors attention and have that woman spoken to. I was like Dude easy---I will need her for future building permits...I don't want to ruffle feathers. He's like NO-I'm calling.

So like usual, My name is the one everyone get's to know. Is there anything I can do that just proceeds smoothly from start to finish?

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

DAMMMMMITTT.

[/quote]

fuccckkk thattttt

i would flip it on them
    [/quote]My discussion this am were flipping the entire thing on the town and propane company for not knowing how to direct a client who is giving them more than ample opportunity to tell him if we have every base covered and are in order for each step as it came. He was a good guy-who got the inspector there today and is the reason they are coming tomorrow @ noon.

He said I'm calling the town right now-they can't be giving erroneous info to residents and screwing up the process like this...were going to use you as an example to bring this to the inspectors attention and have that woman spoken to. I was like Dude easy---I will need her for future building permits...I don't want to ruffle feathers. He's like NO-I'm calling.

So like usual, My name is the one everyone get's to know. Is there anything I can do that just proceeds smoothly from start to finish?
    [/quote]Screw it! I going to get 10 bags of sand for the trench. I need 6" below the pipe and 6" above. The clean soil with no rocks for the final top 12". My boy's are getting to my house tmrw @9am....we'll dig the trench and be ready by 12pm for the propane guys.

Let's get a win Sunday. Go Blue.

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Your opinions?

DAMMMMMITTT.

[/quote]

fuccckkk thattttt

i would flip it on them

[/quote]Screw it! I going to get 10 bags of sand for the trench. I need 6" below the pipe and 6" above. The clean soil with no rocks for the final top 12". My boy's are getting to my house tmrw @9am....we'll dig the trench and be ready by 12pm for the propane guys.

Let's get a win Sunday. Go Blue.
    [/quote]jeez LT talk about a ****ing mess...sorry man....

+ Reply to Thread