+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]“That’s the best thing that they do here is boo,” Jacobs said. “I’m not worried about that. I've been hearing that for seven years.”

“They
    had guys in gaps,” Jacobs said of the Eagles. “I just hit holes. I just
    got the ball and took what they gave me. There was nothing more I could
    have done in there. I went out there and laid it on the line.<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
    Woe is me...

I didn't think we would miss Bradshaw this bad
    </div>[/quote]I gotta admit there were waaaay too many people that were too quick to boo last night, it was pissing me off

WOW, Jacobs needs to toughen up emotionally.* I feel like he dropped that quote while bursting out in tears.* C'mon sen this is NY if you aint doin your job proper we're gonna bust ya balls and thats what the booing is, dont take it personal
    [/quote]
    He will be gone next year and not soon enough for me. Let him go suck and underachieve for someone else. I am done making excuses for this guy and sticking up for him. He is not the same guy he was and it could be because of his age or the fact he took a pay cut or what, I don't know.

I'm glad you at least had fun at the game. Sorry we couldn't pull it. I think that is the 5th or 6th game in a row the Eagles have won at NY. Embarrassing!
    [/quote]When Jacobs doesnt run well its his fault and when Bradshaw doesnt produce its the O-Lines fault

I dont get why people keep thinking that, our O0Line is the reason Walter Peyton wouldnt be able to crack 100 on our team[/quote]

nobody is arguing that the line has held them both back

but Jacobs looked AWFUL last night... thats 3rd and 1 keeps replaying in my mind.* Hes not running hard or fast and hes running high.* He had like maybe 1 or 2 runs and then that one on the outside on third and long where he almost got hte first. But theres no intensity or consistancy
    [/quote]How could you say the guy isnt running hard, cause his stats arent greaT??

Im not blind to the fact that Jacobs isnt what he used to be but the unbridled hate on him and the free pass that Bradshaw gets is ridiculous, I just dont get it. Bradshaw has been blowing dong all season long yet he gets a free pass. Jacobs has a bad game here n there and its like the 2nd coming of the holocaust[/quote]

because tiny LBers are knocking him back one on one constantly...

i dunno how the view was from where u were sitting, but if u got the game DVR'd, go watch it man.* It honestly looks like we're just handing the ball of to a Tight End
    [/quote] U know where I was, 50yd line in the 300s row 11 or so (behind the 1`st down guy)

If you're gonna question views, where did you watch the game from, cause I saw BJ getting stopped by LBs but that was only after he had 2 other guys jumping on him to help stop BJ

And what do ya mean handing the ball off to a TE, he ran like Tebow?? LOL
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea how has nobody mentioned the excellent game that Chris Canty had. That dude was all over the field And on that note, WTF if our offense wasnt totally anemic we would have had that game in the damned bag. Our D was stellar for 90% of the game, we FINALLY had some run D, and our guys other than the DEs were really puttin in work. Our Offense was the problem, they kept the defense on the field for waaaaay too long. 10second drives are not what wins games, unless they result in long bomb TDs but thats not the case Yes, everyone wants to burn Jacobs at the stake but it was our offense as a whole that crapped the bed last nite Oh and Weatherford is an AMAZING punter, the guys kicks are constantly money[/quote]</P>

I agree with you Kase. BJ is what he is. He needs a little room and he can turn that in to big plays. In plays where he's challenged in the backfield, and can't get a bit of momentum, he struggles.</P>

I am definately NOT done with BJ asLando suggests he is. But he does need some decent work from the O line, which he did not get.</P>

And I'm not sure who said that our secondary was bad ,(Maybe Matt) but you can't expect a secondary to cover for 5 or more seconds. Our defense is predicated on pressure on the QB and we brought NONE. We will never succeed when that is true.</P>

In other words as far as I'm concerned, our O line and D line (at least the pass rushers) blew this game.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

and theres no un bridled hit on Bradshaw. If u notice teams key on our running game when Bradshaw is in the game and he doesn't go down on the first hit and still averages a 4.0 ypc. It also opens up the passing game...

Jacobs does nothing for us. Bradshaw too many times has turneda 2 yard loss for a 3 yard game. 5 yard swings make the difference to an offense. Im not saying Bradshaw is having a great year but i donbt think anybody owul dhave a great year behind the oline. What I am saying is that he does take us on his back for gains, something Jacobs doesn't do
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]How could you say the guy isnt running hard, cause his stats arent greaT?? Im not blind to the fact that Jacobs isnt what he used to be but the unbridled hate on him and the free pass that Bradshaw gets is ridiculous, I just dont get it. Bradshaw has been blowing dong all season long yet he gets a free pass. Jacobs has a bad game here n there and its like the 2nd coming of the holocaust[/quote]</p>

Agreed. Thank you Kase...
    Jacobs needs the line to give him the first 3 yards, and thats where he shines. He's not a great outside runner, so you need to give him that first hole so he can smash through the 2nd set of defense. if that worked every play he'd average at least 6 yards a carry.

Bradshaw, for everyone saying he's the most explosive player we have, really hasnt shown me that he doesnt need the line either. He's very overrated in the eyes of Giants fans. sure, he's good....but he's not THAT good...
    He's just a product of the o-line also...</p>[/quote]

its funny u say that about Jacobs but he constantly looks to bust it outside.

Everyboy needs a line. What kind of opinion is that? Are u suggesting that there are RBs that dont' need lines? Go see chris johnson

Hes still averaging inthe 4s for us and turning negative plays into gains. Also makes defense game plan fo rhim... nobody is game planning for Jacobs

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Jacobs has more fire and pride in trying to fight defenders post play than he does running the ball during the play
    [/quote]BS MMB

100% opinion

Kinda hard to run when you think theres gonna be a hole opened up for ya and all there is is a wall full of you O-Linemen getting abused[/quote]

the fact that Jacobs is looking for a hole on 3rd and 1 says all i need to know about how his running mentality has changed.

Just ****in bust up, brace ur self for hell, and fight for the yard...

im telling u last night marked the night that Jacobs future with the Giants became nonexistant imo
    [/quote]So you want him running directly into the backs of our OL, or just directly into the opponents open arms?? LOL

As much as I like Jacobs I dont see him staying either, but if we're stuck with a broken down bradshaw and ugh DJ Ware then we're in trouble BIG TIME

So now when Jacobs leaves we'll have ZERO intensity on the field, nobody has that fire

[quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea how has nobody mentioned the excellent game that Chris Canty had. That dude was all over the field

And on that note, WTF if our offense wasnt totally anemic we would have had that game in the damned bag. Our D was stellar for 90% of the game, we FINALLY had some run D, and our guys other than the DEs were really puttin in work.

Our Offense was the problem, they kept the defense on the field for waaaaay too long. 10second drives are not what wins games, unless they result in long bomb TDs but thats not the case

Yes, everyone wants to burn Jacobs at the stake but it was our offense as a whole that crapped the bed last nite

Oh and Weatherford is an AMAZING punter, the guys kicks are constantly money[/quote]

yea def the DTs played great. Joseph too.

Na man I really can't call our defense steller. We played a bunch of second stringers and we got lucky that DJax is a punk and that VY threw some garbage picks. We did a great job of containing McCoy - thats about as far of praise as I can give.

That offense shouldn't of scored more than once

[quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea how has nobody mentioned the excellent game that Chris Canty had. That dude was all over the field

And on that note, WTF if our offense wasnt totally anemic we would have had that game in the damned bag. Our D was stellar for 90% of the game, we FINALLY had some run D, and our guys other than the DEs were really puttin in work.

Our Offense was the problem, they kept the defense on the field for waaaaay too long. 10second drives are not what wins games, unless they result in long bomb TDs but thats not the case

Yes, everyone wants to burn Jacobs at the stake but it was our offense as a whole that crapped the bed last nite

Oh and Weatherford is an AMAZING punter, the guys kicks are constantly money[/quote]canty had a good game and kiwi had an amazing game. the defense did ok, but like lando said on the last drive, 6 3rd down conversions is joke

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and theres no un bridled hit on Bradshaw.* If u notice teams key on our running game when Bradshaw is in the game and he doesn't go down on the first hit and still averages a 4.0 ypc. It also opens up the passing game...

Jacobs does nothing for us.* Bradshaw too many times has turneda 2 yard loss for a 3 yard game. 5 yard swings make the difference to an offense.* Im not saying Bradshaw is having a great year but i donbt think anybody owul dhave a great year behind the oline. What I am saying is that he does take us on his back for gains, something Jacobs doesn't do
    [/quote]AB does have the better ypc, but then again he's had more reps as the starter so he's gonna get more opportunities.

AB can SOMETIMES turn a 2 yard loss into a gain, but then again when he tries to slowly cut back or swing way outside he causes losses. He needs to make 1 cut and go up the field not 3 horizontal cuts and go 2 yards.

Neither back is having a good year, but that is cause our Line has been run blocking like trash. Both backs have been getting stopped behind the LOS and the rule of thumb is that if an RB gets stopped there it was the OL's fault

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    its funny u say that about Jacobs but he constantly looks to bust it outside.

Everyboy needs a line. What kind of opinion is that? Are u suggesting that there are RBs that dont' need lines? Go see chris johnson

Hes still averaging inthe 4s for us and turning negative plays into gains. Also makes defense game plan fo rhim... nobody is game planning for Jacobs
    [/quote]</P>

So..just so i know im understanding you correctly...you obviously flame him for his tip-toeing behindthe line when they dont open a path for him, but when that DOES happen, you also hate how he tries to break it outside? I dont get it, but you can correct me if im understanding you incorrectly.
    I said he's not a good outside runner....but when a RB has no other choice(which recently I think is the case), i'm not gonna be down on him for it; you cant run thru a guard's ***! lol

Like MH said....this game was lost in the trenches, both sides of the ball. There's no other way I can personally look at it.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]How could you say the guy isnt running hard, cause his stats arent greaT?? Im not blind to the fact that Jacobs isnt what he used to be but the unbridled hate on him and the free pass that Bradshaw gets is ridiculous, I just dont get it. Bradshaw has been blowing dong all season long yet he gets a free pass. Jacobs has a bad game here n there and its like the 2nd coming of the holocaust[/quote]</p>

Agreed. Thank you Kase...
    Jacobs needs the line to give him the first 3 yards, and thats where he shines. He's not a great outside runner, so you need to give him that first hole so he can smash through the 2nd set of defense. if that worked every play he'd average at least 6 yards a carry.

Bradshaw, for everyone saying he's the most explosive player we have, really hasnt shown me that he doesnt need the line either. He's very overrated in the eyes of Giants fans. sure, he's good....but he's not THAT good...
    He's just a product of the o-line also...</p>[/quote]I also agree with you

Bradshaw gets more of a leash cause if the holes are clogged inside he has a better chance of bouncing it outside for a gain. If Jacobs tries that everyone will say he stuttersteps (which he only does when the holes get clogged) or he doesnt know where to run

BJ is a huge back, he needs open holes to run through, hes not a scat back like Sproles and people gotta get that idea that all rbs are the same out of their head[/quote]

yea but the difference is that when Bradshaw DOES it he can have success... JACobs doesn't.

Holes make no difference on that 3rd and 1. Hes a big back whose not trying to run like a big back and it was evident on that third and 1. Its funny that hes so mad at the fans... one of the loudest cheers they had was one one of his 3 or 4 yard gains where he finall just manned up and ran ****in hard.

Its evident when he runs hard and when hes not. Granted I expect him to make and look cut sometimes, but its like he doesn't know when to and when not to anymore. Hes on tilt

+ Reply to Thread