+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and actually- thats NOT true now that im thinking about it.

If blondie DIDNT make the trade she would of had 9 points less and pappy would of had 3.9 more points

So really Pappy would of been going into tonights game with 7.5 point lead
    [/quote]</p>

How do you know she wouldn't have started sanchez vs. Buffalo instead of Ben with a broken thumb at KC.</p>

Buffalo has been getting lit up by everybody.</p>

[/quote]

<u>because I know what she thinks of Sanchez and shes in the boat of me thinking that Tebow may possibly be a better QB than Sanchez</u>

Just like I know what u think of GBs PASS defense and Denvers defense and thats why u would of started Stafford over Rivers

Just like I figured u would of stuck Cincy over GBs defense.

I mean we could of played the what if game to make yourself feel better, but proof is in the pudding. Unless Nicks breaks 7.5 - u lost this game by making this trade.
    [/quote]as of right now he is, sanchez has plax, holmes and keller to throw to. i like tebow, everyone needs to get over the god thing.
    [/quote]

Tebow is annoying with the religious thing and per usual yesterday, i saw like 2-3 more drops by his WRs that would of kept things going for him. He was throwing the ball alot better yesterday

And im sorry, with a guy like him at the helm the option offense CAN and WILL be successful in the NFL.

How successful, will be determined one whether he will be able to make plays in the air or not. And so far hes done a not as bad as some would make it seem but not good by any means. Hes also had bad drops by his WRs.

Demaryious Thomas - god awful
    [/quote]i think the media blows it up. players were taking knees in respect for god after tds long before tebow and they will be doing it long after. yea he made a few nice throws, one long one.

can the option win you a superbowl? i dont think so, a good defense will stop them 9 times out of 10. its just too one dimensional imo
    [/quote]

well back to his own comparison

he tried comparing the way he shows love for god as when u get married, do u just tell ur wife on ur wedding day u love her and then never do it again?

I say thats fine and a valid point

but in terms of his example: not only is he kissing his wife, but hes guilty of gross public displays of effection in which everybody around him gets annoyed.

[/quote]</p>

First of all, I don't care about the religious thing at all. Why do you?</p>

Secondly, the guy can not throw the ball. He throws like a high school QB. He does not and cannot stretch the field. I today's NFL, that is the kiss of death. </p>

THE ONLY REASON, the Broncos are winning is the play of the defense. they hold the Chargers to 13 points for 5 quarters. That kid from A &amp; M is absolutely awesome. The whole Tebow thing has taken the attention away from a defense that is playing as well or better than any team in the NFL. Their QB is putting up horrible numbers on offense both in pass yards and total yards. They are a nightmare.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I agree. </p>

It's a shame the real reason the Broncos are winning (defense) is being overshadowed by a mediocre qb.</p>[/quote]

there is something to be said for controlling the ball the way they do. The only time they have lost the TOP battle was inyesterdays game. I mean bottom line, he is making plays in crunch time too
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and actually- thats NOT true now that im thinking about it.

If blondie DIDNT make the trade she would of had 9 points less and pappy would of had 3.9 more points

[/quote]</P>

How do you know she wouldn't have started sanchez vs. Buffalo instead of Ben with a broken thumb at KC.</P>

Buffalo has been getting lit up by everybody.</P>

[/quote]

<U>because I know what she thinks of Sanchez and shes in the boat of me thinking that Tebow may possibly be a better QB than Sanchez</U>

Just like I know what u think of GBs PASS defense and Denvers defense and thats why u would of started Stafford over Rivers

I mean we could of played the what if game to make yourself feel better, but proof is in the pudding. Unless Nicks breaks 7.5 - u lost this game by making this trade.
    [/quote]as of right now he is, sanchez has plax, holmes and keller to throw to. i like tebow, everyone needs to get over the god thing.
    [/quote]

Tebow is annoying with the religious thing and per usual yesterday, i saw like 2-3 more drops by his WRs that would of kept things going for him. He was throwing the ball alot better yesterday

And im sorry, with a guy like him at the helm the option offense CAN and WILL be successful in the NFL.

How successful, will be determined one whether he will be able to make plays in the air or not. And so far hes done a not as bad as some would make it seem but not good by any means. Hes also had bad drops by his WRs.

[/quote]i think the media blows it up. players were taking knees in respect for god after tds long before tebow and they will be doing it long after. yea he made a few nice throws, one long one.

can the option win you a superbowl? i dont think so, a good defense will stop them 9 times out of 10. its just too one dimensional imo
    [/quote]

he tried comparing the way he shows love for god as when u get married, do u just tell ur wife on ur wedding day u love her and then never do it again?

but in terms of his example: not only is he kissing his wife, but hes guilty of gross public displays of effection in which everybody around him gets annoyed.

[/quote]</P>

First of all, I don't care about the religious thing at all. Why do you?</P>

Secondly, the guy can not throw the ball. He throws like a high school QB. He does not and cannot stretch the field. I today's NFL, that is the kiss of death. </P>

THE ONLY REASON, the Broncos are winning is the play of the defense. they hold the Chargers to 13 points for 5 quarters. That kid from A &amp; M is absolutely awesome. The whole Tebow thing has taken the attention away from a defense that is playing as well or better than any team in the NFL. Their QB is putting up horrible numbers on offense both in pass yards and total yards. They are a nightmare.</P>

[/quote]

I hate anybody anywhere that tries to put their religion on me and I feel like he does that.

Media def helped, but alot of it is part of his"mission"

He actually threw some pretty good balls last night. Some dropped, some off, some were just timing.

But bottom line he does the two things that you should love the most - doesn't turn it over and win.

Isn't that what its about pappy?
    [/quote]</P>

5 games is far too small a sampling. He would be embarressed against a decent defense that can prepare. The guy put up a grand total of 16 friggin points in 5 quarters. The points he's generating in these game is really bad and you can't win that way. Anyone can compete when your defense is playing that well.</P>

I like the kid but by NFL standards, and by what you need to do to win consistently in the NFL, Tebow is a nightmare for John Elway right now.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

How do you know she wouldn't have started sanchez vs. Buffalo instead of Ben with a broken thumb at KC.</p>

[/quote]

<u>because I know what she thinks of Sanchez and shes in the boat of me thinking that Tebow may possibly be a better QB than Sanchez</u>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Secondly, the guy can not throw the ball. He throws like a high school QB. He does not and cannot stretch the field. I today's NFL, that is the kiss of death. </p>

THE ONLY REASON, the Broncos are winning is the play of the defense. they hold the Chargers to 13 points for 5 quarters. That kid from A &amp; M is absolutely awesome. The whole Tebow thing has taken the attention away from a defense that is playing as well or better than any team in the NFL. Their QB is putting up horrible numbers on offense both in pass yards and total yards. They are a nightmare.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I agree. </p>

It's a shame the real reason the Broncos are winning (defense) is being overshadowed by a mediocre qb.</p>[/quote]yea espn had a stat that both ends had 10 sacks since tebow first started. thats pretty sick.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

How do you know she wouldn't have started sanchez vs. Buffalo instead of Ben with a broken thumb at KC.</P>

[/quote]

<U>because I know what she thinks of Sanchez and shes in the boat of me thinking that Tebow may possibly be a better QB than Sanchez</U>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Secondly, the guy can not throw the ball. He throws like a high school QB. He does not and cannot stretch the field. I today's NFL, that is the kiss of death. </P>

THE ONLY REASON, the Broncos are winning is the play of the defense. they hold the Chargers to 13 points for 5 quarters. That kid from A &amp; M is absolutely awesome. The whole Tebow thing has taken the attention away from a defense that is playing as well or better than any team in the NFL. Their QB is putting up horrible numbers on offense both in pass yards and total yards. They are a nightmare.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I agree. </P>

It's a shame the real reason the Broncos are winning (defense) is being overshadowed by a mediocre qb.</P>

[/quote]

there is something to be said for controlling the ball the way they do. The only time they have lost the TOP battle was inyesterdays game. I mean bottom line, he is making plays in crunch time too
    [/quote]</P>

The bottom line is that Tebow's ability (and potential) to conduct a passing game, fall far below the standard required in the NFL to win consistently.</P>

Trust me on this, Tebow is a nightmare for John Elway right now. he wants to win long term and the great defensive performances are masking Tebow's huge shortcomings. And its going to be tougher to dump him. And you know he would love to do just that.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]And in what universe do you hold a team to 15 points, get 3 Int's and only get 8 points? The new defense scoring is horrible.[/quote]
    I 1000000% agree. I still don't understand how it works. It is soooooo bad.
    [/quote]

LMAO

i love this even more

go to league home page and go to scoring and settings

we used Yahoo default...

by Yahoo's system: 1 point for 15 points given up, 1 point for sack, 2 points each for INTs

[/quote]</p>

Thats fine Matt but the Cincy defense that Blondie played gave up more points, had fewer take aways and had only 1 more sack and had more points than mine.</p>

My point is the scoring system is unfair. By any standard, the GB defense had a much better day than Cincy and got less points.</p>[/quote]

well again I disagree...

did they give up more points? Yes but its still in the same realm of points. Both defenses received 1 point each

and like I told u guys originally- it will give a much more accurate reading at actually how well the defense played.

Sure they gave up 20 points, but one of those touchdowns came from the fact that they started on the 14 yard line. They had 3 more 3 and outs, 1 more sack, and held the defense to under 300 yards where as GB gave up over 400 yards.

Not for nothing but its debatable how much better the defense as a whole played. 280 yards of offense for Cleveland?

Who is this chick Stephanie Ruzicka on FB. I know she's a poster but does anyone know her screen name?
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

I hate anybody anywhere that tries to put their religion on me and I feel like he does that.

He actually threw some pretty good balls last night. Some dropped, some off, some were just timing.

But bottom line he does the two things that you should love the most - doesn't turn it over and win.

[/quote]</p>

5 games is far too small a sampling. He would be embarressed against a decent defense that can prepare. The guy put up a grand total of 16 friggin points in 5 quarters. The points he's generating in these game is really bad and you can't win that way. Anyone can compete when your defense is playing that well.</p>

I like the kid but by NFL standards, and by what you need to do to win consistently in the NFL, Tebow is a nightmare for John Elway right now.</p>[/quote]

I agree 5 games is far too small of a sampling.

But the bottom line is that alot of dropped passes have killed drives for Tebow. I saw 3 last week and 3 this week. He misses WRs on good balls wiht timing. Give it an off season and see if he can't get a connection with thees guys. If he does, it would actually be hard to defend.

And i'm telling you right now its already hard to defend. I don't care what people have to say about the speed of the defense - the running portion of the offense can open up the pass game and can be successful.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]And in what universe do you hold a team to 15 points, get 3 Int's and only get 8 points? The new defense scoring is horrible.[/quote]
    I 1000000% agree. I still don't understand how it works. It is soooooo bad.
    [/quote]

LMAO

i love this even more

go to league home page and go to scoring and settings

we used Yahoo default...

by Yahoo's system: 1 point for 15 points given up, 1 point for sack, 2 points each for INTs

[/quote]</P>

Thats fine Matt but the Cincy defense that Blondie played gave up more points, had fewer take aways and had only 1 more sack and had more points than mine.</P>

My point is the scoring system is unfair. By any standard, the GB defense had a much better day than Cincy and got less points.</P>

[/quote]

well again I disagree...

did they give up more points? Yes but its still in the same realm of points. Both defenses received 1 point each

and like I told u guys originally- it will give a much more accurate reading at actually how well the defense played.

Sure they gave up 20 points, but one of those touchdowns came from the fact that they started on the 14 yard line. They had 3 more 3 and outs, 1 more sack, and held the defense to under 300 yards where as GB gave up over 400 yards.

Not for nothing but its debatable how much better the defense as a whole played. 280 yards of offense for Cleveland?
    [/quote]</P>

Honestly Matt...Its too complicated. I like the simple system of points and turnovers with sacks etc. The yards thing is way too much. Three and outs? Wow. Plus you get a 1 point bonus for a shutout and thats silly too.</P>

A shutout is the ultimate in defensive success.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

got an inside tidbit from "MY SOURCE":

Giants had a FLATTTT week of practice and everybody seems down.

this has Packers gaeme from last year written all over it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

5 games is far too small a sampling. He would be embarressed against a decent defense that can prepare. The guy put up a grand total of 16 friggin points in 5 quarters. The points he's generating in these game is really bad and you can't win that way. Anyone can compete when your defense is playing that well.</P>

I like the kid but by NFL standards, and by what you need to do to win consistently in the NFL, Tebow is a nightmare for John Elway right now.</P>

[/quote]

I agree 5 games is far too small of a sampling.

But the bottom line is that alot of dropped passes have killed drives for Tebow. I saw 3 last week and 3 this week. He misses WRs on good balls wiht timing. Give it an off season and see if he can't get a connection with thees guys. If he does, it would actually be hard to defend.

And i'm telling you right now its already hard to defend. I don't care what people have to say about the speed of the defense - the running portion of the offense can open up the pass game and can be successful.
    [/quote]</P>

He rarely throws a ball accurately. "so called "drops" are going to come because the receivers are always having to extend, or reach behind them to get to a ball. He's a terrible passer right now.Just terrible.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread