+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"]wheres all the tc hate coming from?
    [/quote]
    <font color="#0000ff">Since 2004 when Coughlin took over, the Giants have started every season 5-2 or better. But they are just a collective 29-36 in games from November on, including this season when the Giants started 5-2 but have gone 1-2 since Halloween.
    <font color="#000000">
    Hmmmmmm?</font>
    </font>[/quote]</p>

Check out Jim Fassell's record with us in December. We were practically unbeatable.</p>

<font color="#0000ff">BTW you're wrong.</font> We were 5-3 in 09 but that was due to Matt's hex on Eli after we were 5-0.</p>

[/quote]
    ESPN, not me. lol
    [/quote]</p>

They must have been referring to "non hex" seasons.</p>

I guess you're right. We were 5-2 before we were 5-3. Morehead was wro!!!!!..........</p>

I was wr.!!..wr.!!...wr.!!.....wr.!!....wro.......!!!!!! !!</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I wasn't completely correct.</p>[/quote]
    I was going to say that to but I didn't want to get into it. I figured you knew how to count. []

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed at his Monday press conference that Roy Helu is the Redskins' starting running back "for sure."</p></div>
    <div class="impact">Fellow rookie Evan Royster, and not Ryan Torain, appears to be second in line for carries. </div>

[/quote]</p>

1. I admit Matt was right.</p>

2. He's still the worst FF player (except for Dez of course) in FF history.</p>[/quote]
    Yes he was, he has a knack of doing that, unless of course it comes to his own team. ( minus Plax )
    [/quote]

I stand by my move. I was wrong that Romo would get healthy this season, but I would be a completely better team if Schaub was here
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed at his Monday press conference that Roy Helu is the Redskins' starting running back "for sure."</p></div>
    <div class="impact">Fellow rookie Evan Royster, and not Ryan Torain, appears to be second in line for carries. </div>

[/quote]</p>

1. I admit Matt was right.</p>

2. He's still the worst FF player (except for Dez of course) in FF history.</p>

[/quote]
    Yes he was, he has a knack of doing that, unless of course it comes to his own team. ( minus Plax )
    [/quote]</p>

He drafted a QB who just a few days before had his neck fused and was announced that he would miss most of the season (in the third round BTW) and picked up a retired player (Randy Moss) as a FA.</p>

Word is that he was looking into picking upDarell Lamonicabut the nursing home told him he had fallen and couldn't get up.</p>[/quote]

its all about taking shots and there were conflicting reports about Peyton

There was a rumor that Moss was going to get signed...

You guys wait for it to happen, I try to be ahead of the curve

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]

no its not...?

wait

is first tie breaker head to head? Cuz if it is then your right. I didn't factor that
    [/quote]</P>

Thats right Matt. If we win our last 4 games the best Dallas can be is 10-6 and we would be the same. Plus we will have beaten them twice.</P>

The problem is that if we lose 4 in a row I doubt TC can motivate this team to keep fighting given his history here. We did win our last 4 games after being 6-6 in 2002 to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs. But we didn't lose 4 in a row to get to 6-6.</P>

[/quote]

so bottom line if we are going to split with Dallas we have to be 1 up on them to get into the playoffs...

which is rough
    [/quote]</P>

Not really. We can both be 3-3 in the division. But the bottom line is probably that we have to sweep them. If it comes down to week 17 for all the marbles I will be delighted.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]

no its not...?

wait

is first tie breaker head to head? Cuz if it is then your right. I didn't factor that
    [/quote]As of now-They have Dallas ahead of us with a tiebreaker due to their nfc record.
    [/quote]

wait, i always get confused wtih this

tiebreakers go:

head to head
    Division
    Conference

right?
    [/quote]</p>

Not any more I believe.</p>

I think its now</p>

1.Head to head</p>

2.Division(if applicable)</p>

3.Common opponents</p>[/quote]
    <h1>TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION</h1>

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more
    clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied
    percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is
    determined.</p>
    <h2>Two Clubs</h2>
    1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed at his Monday press conference that Roy Helu is the Redskins' starting running back "for sure."</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Fellow rookie Evan Royster, and not Ryan Torain, appears to be second in line for carries. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

1. I admit Matt was right.</P>

2. He's still the worst FF player (except for Dez of course) in FF history.</P>

[/quote]
    [/quote]</P>

He drafted a QB who just a few days before had his neck fused and was announced that he would miss most of the season (in the third round BTW) and picked up a retired player (Randy Moss) as a FA.</P>

Word is that he was looking into picking upDarell Lamonicabut the nursing home told him he had fallen and couldn't get up.</P>

[/quote]

its all about taking shots and there were conflicting reports about Peyton

There was a rumor that Moss was going to get signed...

You guys wait for it to happen, I try to be ahead of the curve
    [/quote]</P>

Rationalize all you want. . At least you've started a kicker in every game (so far). So you got that going for ya....</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]

no its not...?

wait

[/quote]As of now-They have Dallas ahead of us with a tiebreaker due to their nfc record.
    [/quote]

tiebreakers go:

head to head
    Division
    Conference

right?
    [/quote]</P>

Not any more I believe.</P>

I think its now</P>

1.Head to head</P>

2.Division(if applicable)</P>

3.Common opponents</P>[/quote]

<H1>TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION</H1>

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.</P>
    <H2>Two Clubs</H2>
    1. <LI>Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
      <LI>Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
      <LI>Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
      <LI>Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
      <LI>Strength of victory.
      <LI>Strength of schedule.
      <LI>Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
      <LI>Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
      <LI>Best net points in common games.
      <LI>Best net points in all games.
      <LI>Best net touchdowns in all games.
      <LI>Coin toss</LI>

[/quote]</P>

Common games would favor us unless we end up winning either of the next two games. They are 1-1 vs. opponents we don't share and if we lose the next two, we would be 0-2. That means we would have 1 more win vs. common opponents.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

no its not...?

wait

[/quote]

tiebreakers go:

head to head
    Division
    Conference

right?
    [/quote]</p>

Not any more I believe.</p>

I think its now</p>

1.Head to head</p>

2.Division(if applicable)</p>

3.Common opponents</p>[/quote]

well wait a second - so that means we only have 2 games that aren't the same correct?

IF thats the case then THIS IS a big game.

If we win tonight and then only lose in the split vs dallas and vs GB

And Dallas loses to us and Philly - we will have the tiebreaker seeing as how

---- ahh forget it - no way we can really get in without beating dallas twice

Its funny. We really have to sweep dallas even if we win one of these games. Because if we win one we would be even in common opponents and we would have a worse conference record most likely.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]

no its not...?

wait

[/quote]</p>

Thats right Matt. If we win our last 4 games the best Dallas can be is 10-6 and we would be the same. Plus we will have beaten them twice.</p>

The problem is that if we lose 4 in a row I doubt TC can motivate this team to keep fighting given his history here. We did win our last 4 games after being 6-6 in 2002 to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs. But we didn't lose 4 in a row to get to 6-6.</p>

[/quote]

so bottom line if we are going to split with Dallas we have to be 1 up on them to get into the playoffs...

which is rough
    [/quote]</p>

Not really. We can both be 3-3 in the division. But the bottom line is probably that we have to sweep them. If it comes down to week 17 for all the marbles I will be delighted.</p>[/quote]

well if the scenerio arises that we win tonight, they lose to philly, and we split with them

then everything is tied, THEN it goes to conference?

+ Reply to Thread