+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I just heard on radio today that the NBA is doing something cool

They are giving the teams to dump one bad contract over the next 5 years at any time and it wont count against their sal cap (they'll still have to pay it though)

I see a team coming to back door deals with a superstar whose under a big contract and then they will give it up and sign for a minimum so that they can sign another superstar.

I like it though. Sometimes can abuse the rule and others will get out of a bad deal. Imagine if the Knicks had thise like 3 years ago

bah
    [/quote]
    That is a great idea. There are some terrible ones. Arenas, Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson, <FONT size=4>Koby Bryant
    </FONT>
    Not sure if you saw this or not but it's pretty crazy to me....

Promoting his new book, Shaq Uncut, on KTLA TV, the just retired superstar called Bryant the greatest Laker of all-time.</P>

"Based on what he's done, he's probably the greatest Laker of all time,'" O'Neal said. "If he gets another championship (a sixth), he'll tie with Kareem. That will put him up there."</P>

Eventually Bryant and O'Neal will be back together in the Hall of Fame but O'Neal says they had different talents.</P>

"It's a different kind of great," O'Neal said. "He had the skills to be an all-around player. I'm just a big man so I just do big-man stuff. I'm just in the big-man category."</P>
    [/quote]
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote][/quote]
    This one is coming down to a playoff spot. You guys better put your best foot forward. Loser is done.

[/quote]</p>

The winner could still miss out. 7-6 may have to come to a tie breaker.</p>[/quote]
    I guess you are right. It's going to be pretty crazy. What a great last weekend.

I am so happy I don't have to worry about anything.

Even if Matt loses he could still make the dance right?

Texans agreed to terms with QB Jake Delhomme.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote][/quote]
    This one is coming down to a playoff spot. You guys better put your best foot forward. Loser is done.

[/quote]That means putting Tebow in...... Are you ready to get Tebowed??

[/quote]
    YOU KNOW IT!!!!

With Jesus on your side you can't lose.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote][/quote]

[/quote]</P>

The winner could still miss out. 7-6 may have to come to a tie breaker.</P>

[/quote]
    I guess you are right. It's going to be pretty crazy. What a great last weekend.

I am so happy I don't have to worry about anything.

Even if Matt loses he could still make the dance right?
    [/quote]</P>

probably not with his low point total. he would lose most or all tie breakers.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Osi could have played his last game in a Giants uniform last night....

[quote user="BigBlue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]I just wanted to thank you for Graham.

[/quote]</p>

This is the first week he has outperformed Gonzo since the trade.</p>

And...You're welcome.</p>[/quote]
    First and most important. lol

Good luck sir, hopefully we will meet in the playoffs. Not really though, your team is scary.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I just heard on radio today that the NBA is doing something cool

They are giving the teams to dump one bad contract over the next 5 years at any time and it wont count against their sal cap (they'll still have to pay it though)

I see a team coming to back door deals with a superstar whose under a big contract and then they will give it up and sign for a minimum so that they can sign another superstar.

I like it though. Sometimes can abuse the rule and others will get out of a bad deal. Imagine if the Knicks had thise like 3 years ago

bah
    [/quote]
    That is a great idea. There are some terrible ones. Arenas, Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson, <font size="4">Kob<font size="6"><font color="#0000FF">e</font> </font>Bryant
    </font>
    Not sure if you saw this or not but it's pretty crazy to me....

Promoting his new book, Shaq Uncut, on KTLA TV, the just retired superstar called Bryant the greatest Laker of all-time.</p>

"Based on what he's done, he's probably the greatest Laker of all time,'" O'Neal said. "If he gets another championship (a sixth), he'll tie with Kareem. That will put him up there."</p>

Eventually Bryant and O'Neal will be back together in the Hall of Fame but O'Neal says they had different talents.</p>

"It's a different kind of great," O'Neal said. "He had the skills to be an all-around player. I'm just a big man so I just do big-man stuff. I'm just in the big-man category."</p>
    [/quote][/quote]
    At least spell it right.

Are you implying that $83,546,000 over 3 years is a bad contract? lol How would it be???

Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose was surprised there's a provision in the
    NBA's pending new CBA that's being called "The Derrick Rose Rule" and
    rewards players of his caliber. The rule allows a player finishing his
    rookie contract to make 30 percent of a team's salary cap -- up from 25
    percent -- if he's twice been voted an All-Star starter, twice been
    voted All-NBA or won an MVP award. Rose, 23, is the reigning MVP. "It's
    unbelievable," Rose told CSNChicago.com. "But the rule, I guess, it fits
    me for what I've achieved at a young age and hopefully there will be a
    couple more people like me."

He is soooooo good

The Knicks are so sure they can land Paul with their cap space in 2012 they only are offering one-year deals now.
    The Knicks realize they don’t have the young pawns/draft picks to land
    Paul in an extend-and-trade, as their tradeable assets were shipped away
    in the Anthony deal. The Knicks would have been better off had the
    clause been taken out of the CBA, assuring Paul’s free agency. Anthony
    told The Post in October, “If it works out and he comes here, you’ll see
    a smile from ear to ear.’’
    <p class="rumortext">While Boston is not shopping Rajon Rondo, it would be open to trading him in the right deal, sources say. The Celtics feel they need more scoring to take the load off Paul Pierce. ESPN.com</p>

+ Reply to Thread