+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    We were in the Saints game even in the 3rd quarter. Then we just fell apart. Once we get down they just give up. I don't understand it.

Guess that falls on the coach right Dez?
    [/quote]

Actually, Yes Lando, one of the main jobs of a coach is to keep his team motivated under all circumstances.
    [/quote]
    I know Daven, I was being sarcastic. Dez doesn't feel that way....
    [/quote]

sorry Lando, I've been too busy recently at work to really keep up with the thread my mistake...direct it at Dez then.
    [/quote]he did, you responded meanie

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    you have no philosophies about coaches is what the issues is

u put all the game planning on coordinators and all the emotion on the players

I guess head coaches are just THERE
    [/quote]</p>

yea pretty much what he thinks.

im confused as to how he hates Fewell SOOOOO much for how our defense performs, but doesnt see any overall problem with the coaching staff in general over the past 4 years &gt;.&lt;</p>[/quote]because even though our defense has sucked **** since hes been here, unlike our offense which has been pretty good, besides this year. eli and gilbride have been working together for 7 years. you guys think someone else is going to step in and elis isnt going to skip a beat? youre crazy. and as predicable as gilbride is at times hes still a pretty good oc and him and eli work well together.

but overall its the way you guys are talking about tc like hes some pos coach, while the players get a free pass.
    [/quote]
    Tom Coughlin said that effort was not an issue and that the Giants did not quit in New Orleans.

“<font color="#0000FF">I just look at the game and the effort was good</font>,” Coughlin said. “I think there were some like [Jason Pierre-Paul]
    who was outstanding. How many times do you see a defensive lineman
    lined up in the middle of the formation make the play on a pass on the
    attempted fake field goal to stop them from getting the first down?”

“We couldn’t get a lot of things done and we didn’t get to the
    quarterback as much as we want<font color="#0000FF"> but it wasn’t for a lack of effort,</font>” he
    continued.

Since 2004, the team has started 5-2 or better only to struggle after
    Halloween in several seasons.

Coughlin himself said twice the effort was there. So who does that leave it on...coaching NEXT!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]As NY Giants HC, Coughlin is 19 and 37 vs teams with a winning record
    [/quote]
    Wow!

I guess that falls on the players not being motivated when we play winning teams.
    [/quote]and at what point do we blame the players? its so easy to blame one person, isnt it guys?
    [/quote]

under what circumstances do you EVER blame the head coach?
    [/quote]answer my question with a question, cute.
    [/quote]

i have an answer but im not giving it to u
    <u>
    i've asked u this same question literally every day multiple times and u keep ignoring it</u>

i figure its because u know your full of ****

u finally answer then i will answer
    [/quote]noyou havnt. what the hell are you talking about? haha
    i honestly dont want you hear your answer because it will be laced with how its one mans fault.

[/quote]

so basically what u just said was: "I am going to avoid answering the question you've posed for days now and just deflect it on to you to try and get the heat off me"

true eli won't be able to pick up a new offense, but Carson Palmer can go to a new offense week 7 and play that same week
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    you have no philosophies about coaches is what the issues is

u put all the game planning on coordinators and all the emotion on the players

I guess head coaches are just THERE
    [/quote]</p>

yea pretty much what he thinks.

im confused as to how he hates Fewell SOOOOO much for how our defense performs, but doesnt see any overall problem with the coaching staff in general over the past 4 years &gt;.&lt;</p>[/quote]because even though our defense has sucked **** since hes been here, unlike our offense which has been pretty good, besides this year. eli and gilbride have been working together for 7 years. you guys think someone else is going to step in and elis isnt going to skip a beat? youre crazy. and as predicable as gilbride is at times hes still a pretty good oc and him and eli work well together.

but overall its the way you guys are talking about tc like hes some pos coach, while the players get a free pass.
    [/quote]
    Tom Coughlin said that effort was not an issue and that the Giants did not quit in New Orleans.

“<font color="#0000FF">I just look at the game and the effort was good</font>,” Coughlin said. “I think there were some like [Jason Pierre-Paul]
    who was outstanding. How many times do you see a defensive lineman
    lined up in the middle of the formation make the play on a pass on the
    attempted fake field goal to stop them from getting the first down?”

“We couldn’t get a lot of things done and we didn’t get to the
    quarterback as much as we want<font color="#0000FF"> but it wasn’t for a lack of effort,</font>” he
    continued.

Since 2004, the team has started 5-2 or better only to struggle after
    Halloween in several seasons.

Coughlin himself said twice the effort was there. So who does that leave it on...coaching NEXT!
    [/quote]

the fact that he thinks the effort was there is whats most disturbing

just like he said they had a good week in practice

PLAYER YEARS CONSEC. 3,000/20 SEASONS

Peyton Manning 1998-2010 13

Brett Favre 1994-2005 12

Dan Marino 1982-1992 9

Drew Brees 2004-2011 8

Eli Manning 2005-2011 7

Pretty ELIte company...even though MH thinks it's ho-hum.

I guess when your only the 5th person to do something EVER it's not that big of a deal.

Then again he thinks a dynasty last decades so....

One might also say that all the QB's on that list are gunslingers however. lol

Not to make an Eagles comparison but every time the Eagles lose (which has been alot lately lol YES) the first thing Reid says at his press conference is. "First and foremost this falls on me, I'm the head coach and it's my job to have the players ready."

Almost any coach will admit that. TC himself has before. It is the HEAD Coaches job to make sure his team is ready and to make the gameplan work. Otherwise there would not be a head coach right Dez?

If TC doesn't think he is getting good effort from the players then bench them. That is another thing the Coach can do. He can't motivate this team anymore. The players don't care what he says it seems like.

[quote user="dezzzR"]
    [/quote]</P>

nobody HATES Coughlin, dezzz....

he's lost the team...they just cant play for anyone on this staff anymore apparently. plain and simple. he can't hold it together anymore...and it's over, that's all she wrote.

</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="bigblue4417"]PLAYER YEARS CONSEC. 3,000/20 SEASONS

Peyton Manning 1998-2010 13

Brett Favre 1994-2005 12

Dan Marino 1982-1992 9

Drew Brees 2004-2011 8

Eli Manning 2005-2011 7

Pretty ELIte company...even though MH thinks it's ho-hum.

I guess when your only the 5th person to do something EVER it's not that big of a deal.

Then again he thinks a dynasty last decades so....

One might also say that all the QB's on that list are gunslingers however. lol
    [/quote]

i wonder with "ELIS DRAMATIC INCREASE OF PLAY" if Moorehead thinks hes a gunslinger now lol

<font color="#0000FF">“That’s my responsibility,”</font> head coach Reid said “I’m disappointed in a lot of
    things, starting with myself.<font color="#0000FF"> I didn’t have my team ready to go. That’s
    why I start with me.</font> You can ask me any type of disappointment question
    that you want. I’m probably there.”

Ten penalties for 60 yards? Four
    third-down conversions on 13 tries? A crucial interception in the first
    half that seemed to change the direction of the game?

<font color="#0000FF">“Again,” like Reid said, “that’s my responsibility to make sure my football team is disciplined enough…”

<font color="#000000">
    It always starts and ends on the Head Coach Dez. Win or lose it works both ways. </font>
    </font>

+ Reply to Thread