+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]lol i looked matt and you didnt ask me "what does a head coach do" once. you DID however ask how can i hate someone like girardi and support tc. girdardi is one of the most unconventional coaches in baseball. just dont like his style. he did an amazing job with our sp last year but i feel we could of won at least one ws in the past years with a different approach and coach.

tc is a traditionalist, old school, hard *** whatever you want to call it. youre right a head coach is suppose to make sure the players are ready and prepared, i still really dont think a coaches main job is to motivate a player, he should try to an extent but a player needs to be able to motivate themselves, agree to disagree i guess. iv notice that its just the defense that always seems to give up, they probably were indeed "prepared and ready"(tc own words) to execute fewells plan, but it hasnt worked since hes walked in the front door. like i said few times the buck stops with tc i get that, but to start calling him out saying he needs to be fired, i cant wait, tcs 20-100 against winning teams......the man deserves better is all im saying.
    [/quote]

Bottom line is that we do take it on the players and coordinators every week. <u>At what point of having the SAME thing happen with different players and 3 different DCs does it stop being everybody else BUT the HC.</u>

Just curious, what do u think was the major change in San Fran was? Braylon Edwards?
    [/quote]youre looking at the glass half empty. 05 we went 11-6, 07 superbowl, 08 12-4. hes done some great things with this team. whats the same thing. defensive players quiting on horrible schemes? cause the only time iv seen them really quit like the other night has all been under sheridan and fewell. theyre horrible coordinators. but like i said hes head coach and hes in charge. maybe it will be good if he leaves. but no need for the spite.

im not going to pretend like i know why the 9ers are winning cause i dont watch them. they havnt played any good teams though besides detroit though.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]it comes down to this dez: if 2007 never happened u would be calling for his head

The biggest thing about that playoff run was Eli playing good football, the running game being dominate, and the defensive mastermind of Spags shutting down the top 3 offenses in the league that year in crunch time.

Hes been embarressed in the playoffs twice and lost a close one....

The team can't beat anybody good for his whole tenure, he averages beating teams with winning records 1 out of every 3 tries.

You blame game planning and and concepts on the DCs, but Gilbrides his guy, he had a saw in Fewell, and he is suppose to oversee all of that.

Bottom line is that the HC oversees the whole thing and the whole thing has been underproducing. There needs to be a change
    [/quote]</P>

Combine that with the fact that he is blindly loyal to these coaches despite their effectiveness.</P>

This regime is very near its end.</P>

Lets usher in the Mike Zimmer era in January.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]<u>it comes down to this dez: if 2007 never happened u would be calling for his head</u>

The biggest thing about that playoff run was Eli playing good football, the running game being dominate, and the defensive mastermind of Spags shutting down the top 3 offenses in the league that year in crunch time.

The team can't beat anybody good for his whole tenure, he averages beating teams with winning records 1 out of every 3 tries.

You blame game planning and and concepts on the DCs, but Gilbrides his guy, he had a saw in Fewell, and he is suppose to oversee all of that.

Bottom line is that the HC oversees the whole thing and the whole thing has been underproducing. There needs to be a change
    [/quote]youre probably right, BUT it did happen. and thats your opinion, i dont really need to defend a guy who took a brand new team to two afc championships and a guy who won a couple rings with us

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]it comes down to this dez: if 2007 never happened u would be calling for his head

[/quote]</P>

If 2007 never happened Tom Coughlin would have been fired, so that conversation is moot. </P>

Tom Coughlin deserves much of the blame, but it's time that the players accept alot of blame as well. </P>

I am tired of seeing players half *** it out there, not knowing there assignments, just giving up on more then one occasion. </P>

I have said this for years now, this team is weak minded, you hit them in the mouth, and they break down. There is no fight in them. Everyone is out for themselves. </P>

A coaching change needs to be made, and some of the dead weight on this roster needs to go. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]lol i looked matt and you didnt ask me "what does a head coach do" once. you DID however ask how can i hate someone like girardi and support tc. girdardi is one of the most unconventional coaches in baseball. just dont like his style. he did an amazing job with our sp last year but i feel we could of won at least one ws in the past years with a different approach and coach.

tc is a traditionalist, old school, hard *** whatever you want to call it. youre right a head coach is suppose to make sure the players are ready and prepared, i still really dont think a coaches main job is to motivate a player, he should try to an extent but a player needs to be able to motivate themselves, agree to disagree i guess. iv notice that its just the defense that always seems to give up, they probably were indeed "prepared and ready"(tc own words) to execute fewells plan, but it hasnt worked since hes walked in the front door. like i said few times the buck stops with tc i get that, but to start calling him out saying he needs to be fired, i cant wait, tcs 20-100 against winning teams......the man deserves better is all im saying.
    [/quote]

Bottom line is that we do take it on the players and coordinators every week. <u>At what point of having the SAME thing happen with different players and 3 different DCs does it stop being everybody else BUT the HC.</u>

Just curious, what do u think was the major change in San Fran was? Braylon Edwards?
    [/quote]youre looking at the glass half empty. 05 we went 11-6, 07 superbowl, 08 12-4. hes done some great things with this team. whats the same thing. defensive players quiting on horrible schemes? cause the only time iv seen them really quit like the other night has all been under sheridan and fewell. theyre horrible coordinators. but like i said hes head coach and hes in charge. maybe it will be good if he leaves. but no need for the spite.

im not going to pretend like i know why the 9ers are winning cause i dont watch them. they havnt played any good teams though besides detroit though.
    [/quote]

no im actually looking and judging.

We had a pretty good year 05 - until we got the the playoffs and got EMBARRESSED. How can you take anything out of that 05 season except the embarressing underacheiving playoff blowout vs the Panthers? Its not half empty - its we had NOTHING to show for the success we had that season. I mean isn't this the same concept we've taunted the Cowboys for for the past 16 years?

Same thing with 08. We had the best team in football and the team couldn't over come Plax not being there and got embarressed in the playoffs. Could there have been a year of more blatant under acheiving?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Combine that with the fact that he is blindly loyal to these coaches despite their effectiveness.</p>

This regime is very near its end.</p>

Lets usher in the Mike Zimmer era in January.</p>[/quote]

**** mike zimmer... he would be an awful solution. I think i'd prefer Coughlin to stay

[quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

If 2007 never happened Tom Coughlin would have been fired, so that conversation is moot. </p>

Tom Coughlin deserves much of the blame, but it's time that the players accept alot of blame as well. </p>

I am tired of seeing players half *** it out there, not knowing there assignments, just giving up on more then one occasion. </p>

I have said this for years now, this team is weak minded, you hit them in the mouth, and they break down. There is no fight in them. Everyone is out for themselves. </p>

A coaching change needs to be made, and some of the dead weight on this roster needs to go. </p>[/quote]

thats the part of the argument i hate: when are the players going to get some of the blame?

Like, i don't get it - EVERY WEEK we are critiquing their play and **** they do. When have we NOT blamed the players?

Naturally players will be gone next year and naturally with a coaching change, other players will be gone as well

[quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

If 2007 never happened Tom Coughlin would have been fired, so that conversation is moot. </p>

Tom Coughlin deserves much of the blame, but it's time that the players accept alot of blame as well. </p>

I am tired of seeing players half *** it out there, not knowing there assignments, just giving up on more then one occasion. </p>

I have said this for years now, this team is weak minded, you hit them in the mouth, and they break down. There is no fight in them. Everyone is out for themselves. </p>

A coaching change needs to be made, and some of the dead weight on this roster needs to go. </p>[/quote]

thats the part of the argument i hate: when are the players going to get some of the blame?

Like, i don't get it - EVERY WEEK we are critiquing their play and **** they do. When have we NOT blamed the players?

Naturally players will be gone next year and naturally with a coaching change, other players will be gone as well

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]<u>it comes down to this dez: if 2007 never happened u would be calling for his head</u>

[/quote]youre probably right, BUT it did happen. and thats your opinion, i dont really need to defend a guy who took a brand new team to two afc championships and a guy who won a couple rings with us
    [/quote]

well if your really willing to bring up the mid 90s, why don't we bring up the mid 80s? I mean the mid 90s was more comparable to the mid 80s than todays game is....

**** we **** bring in Joe Gibbs

he won 1 ring with us - and the difference make was Spags, not Coughlin

RichCimini <span class="timeline">Rich Cimini</span>

A new wrinkle: Every time Sanchez completes a ball in passing drill vs. no defenders, teammates clap three times.

That's cute!!! lol

Tell your boys about that one Matt.

+ Reply to Thread