+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"] Let me preface this with, you and MH may call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I think Ron Paul is hands down the most competent republican candidate out there, its really a shame how he's almost treated like the black sheep by the media, its wierd.

Romney will never win presidency, he's got the Tony Romo disease, he folds under pressure
    [/quote]

I Agree with much of what RP says but, even more important, I KNOW he means what he says...he understands all the implications and consequences and has accepted them and is solidified in his positions....and that's almost as important to me as the positions themselves.

the only hitch I get is that I am Jewish and I do have an interest in the welfare of Israel, and he'd straight up leave em hanging no doubt in my mind that's what he'd do, but on the other hand...it is a possibility that that would be good for Israel, I think we do probably make their job more difficult by placing limitations on what they can and can't do.
    [/quote]One of my buddies is a die hard conservative and he showed me some stuff on RP and a few interviews and he's far and beyond all of those other clowns out there on the right. Its seems like he actually has a head on his shoulders and believes what he says, rather than just spewing garbage and blind conservative nonsense like many of the candidates

....Then again take what I say with a grain of salt, Im firmly on the left, LOL
    [/quote]</P>

Ron Paul is not a conservative. He's a Libertarian. Now we can use some good Libertarian ideas these days (smaller government, reform of SS and Medicare and a smaller military footprint abroad), but a purist Libertarian is not what we need.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">?David Baas' season might be in doubt. </span></h6>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

which is ironic because I have doubt about his career
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"]Romney is gonna win the candidacy and it's gonna kill me to vote for him instead of a third Paul, I agree with like 75% of what Paul says....and Paul always has substance (always) I've heard almost nothing of substance from Romney I could agree with 5% or 95% of what he stands for, I just don't know but beyond that Paul's record is flawless, how many times have minority or majority leaders tried to sway him they've never been successful.

someone said to me weeks ago, "Republican's need a candidate that can play the game, Romney is that candidate" and you know what, that person is right if all we want is to "win" but I don't want to just win, I want to elect someone who ISN'T gonna play the game, whose gonna do it the right way.....but that person doesn't exist apparently...or if he does he's not electable....and that makes me sad.
    [/quote] Let me preface this with, you and MH may call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I think Ron Paul is hands down the most competent republican candidate out there, its really a shame how he's almost treated like the black sheep by the media, its wierd.

Romney will never win presidency,<U> he's got the Tony Romo disease, he folds under pressure</U>
    [/quote]i agree. not as much as the man in the white house but mitt also seems a bit intimidated by the media as well.
    [/quote]

you think Romney is intimidated by the media? really? I see him trying to pander to them but not because he's intimidated, it's because he knows how powerful a tool they can be.....he probably learned that from watching Obama's campaign.
    [/quote]</P>

He was a good Governor here in Mass and would be a good President.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

Does anyone here remember that Newt Gingrich got kicked out of Congress on ethics violations? And then made 10's of millions of dollars selling access to Washington?
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

While we all respect Ron Paul for his logic and consistency, he is a pure Libertarian. I definately have a lot of Libertarian bllod running through me but Ron Paul is a PURIST. He wants to eliminate Social Security, Medicare, and about 15 government agencies. I'd like to see a few eliminated or consolidated but he wants to go places that are rediculous.</p>

We all want a smaller more efficient government, but we should also agree that a proper safety net is part of our fabric.</p>[/quote]

now whose looking for the ideal candidate?

Paul's the most knowledgeable, logical and consistent candidate up there bar none, no one else is even close sure some of his views are a little extremist but isn't that what the checks and balances of congress and the senate are for?

At least he does things the right way...

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

While we all respect Ron Paul for his logic and consistency, he is a pure Libertarian. I definately have a lot of Libertarian bllod running through me but Ron Paul is a PURIST. He wants to eliminate Social Security, Medicare, and about 15 government agencies. I'd like to see a few eliminated or consolidated but he wants to go places that are rediculous.</P>

We all want a smaller more efficient government, but we should also agree that a proper safety net is part of our fabric.</P>

[/quote]

Paul's the most knowledgeable, logical and consistent candidate up there bar none, no one else is even close sure some of his views are a little extremist but isn't that what the checks and balances of congress and the senate are for?

[/quote]</P>

He runs for President every 4 years as a novelty. he could never get more than 15% support from the national electorate.</P>

In other words he has no shot to be nominated and obviously elected. We are wasting our breath talking about him.</P>

Smart guy........will never be President.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Does anyone here remember that Newt Gingrich got kicked out of Congress on ethics violations? And then made 10's of millions of dollars selling access to Washington?[/quote]

Still has a moral high ground over Obama imho.

so I think i'm only going to be at my job for a few more weeks.

Let me run it by you and you guys tell me what you think:

-promised a raise after 3 months, didn't get it
    -asked for a raise after we lost a man and I carried the workload, denied because I left an hour early Labor Day weekend when there was no work on the shelves and half the company was out
    -2010 we had a record setting year financially but they took raises away from the company because the forecasted a bad year
    -They didn't pay us the day before Thanksgiving like they always do and they direct deposited on friday without telling anybody in the whole company
    -2011 forecast a good year for 2012, but rumor has it they are not only taking away raises but their small bonuses that they at least threw at us last year. But I have a feeling they won't tell us until the week of Christmas

I think im going to go out with a bang here. Let them lats minute **** me like that. We are all already underpaid at our positions. Im pretty amped. I don't think theres anyway I can bite my lip and if I go, im ****ting on all of em publically
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

While we all respect Ron Paul for his logic and consistency, he is a pure Libertarian. I definately have a lot of Libertarian bllod running through me but Ron Paul is a PURIST. He wants to eliminate Social Security, Medicare, and about 15 government agencies. I'd like to see a few eliminated or consolidated but he wants to go places that are rediculous.</p>

We all want a smaller more efficient government, but we should also agree that a proper safety net is part of our fabric.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

He runs for President every 4 years as a novelty. he could never get more than 15% support from the national electorate.</p>

In other words he has no shot to be nominated and obviously elected. We are wasting our breath talking about him.</p>

Smart guy........will never be President.</p>[/quote]

Agreed.....but that makes me sad, because I honestly believe he's the best candidate up there atm...in terms of whats good for the country not what's electable.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so I think i'm only going to be at my job for a few more weeks.

Let me run it by you and you guys tell me what you think:

-promised a raise after 3 months, didn't get it
    -asked for a raise after we lost a man and I carried the workload, denied because I left an hour early Labor Day weekend when there was no work on the shelves and half the company was out
    -2010 we had a record setting year financially but they took raises away from the company because the forecasted a bad year
    -They didn't pay us the day before Thanksgiving like they always do and they direct deposited on friday without telling anybody in the whole company
    -2011 forecast a good year for 2012, but rumor has it they are not only taking away raises but their small bonuses that they at least threw at us last year. But I have a feeling they won't tell us until the week of Christmas

I think im going to go out with a bang here. Let them lats minute **** me like that. We are all already underpaid at our positions. Im pretty amped. I don't think theres anyway I can bite my lip and if I go, im ****ting on all of em publically
    [/quote]

I would advise against ****ting on em all publicly, it's hard enough to get a job right now without black listing yourself, that said I support your decision to look for a job that would treat you better....that's so very capitalistic of you

+ Reply to Thread