+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so I think i'm only going to be at my job for a few more weeks.

Let me run it by you and you guys tell me what you think:

-promised a raise after 3 months, didn't get it
    -asked for a raise after we lost a man and I carried the workload, denied because I left an hour early Labor Day weekend when there was no work on the shelves and half the company was out
    -2010 we had a record setting year financially but they took raises away from the company because the forecasted a bad year
    -They didn't pay us the day before Thanksgiving like they always do and they direct deposited on friday without telling anybody in the whole company
    -2011 forecast a good year for 2012, but rumor has it they are not only taking away raises but their small bonuses that they at least threw at us last year. But I have a feeling they won't tell us until the week of Christmas

I think im going to go out with a bang here. Let them lats minute **** me like that. We are all already underpaid at our positions. Im pretty amped. I don't think theres anyway I can bite my lip and if I go, im ****ting on all of em publically
    [/quote]</P>

Don't quit unless you have something else set up. Momentary satisfaction isn't worth it when you are hurting yourself in the long run. And all it takes is one bad report from a previous employer to ruin a good job opportunity down the road.</P>

You have to handle these things tactfully. </P>

I wouldn't want to see my buddy in one of those "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrations because he's got no job.</P>

Plus it would take away some of the joy of beating you this week.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Does anyone here remember that Newt Gingrich got kicked out of Congress on ethics violations? And then made 10's of millions of dollars selling access to Washington?[/quote]

Still has a moral high ground over Obama imho.
    [/quote]</P>

You are wrong. Obama is certainly incompetant but there is normal politician sleeze,......and then there Newt sleeze.</P>

Newt sleeze is on its own level.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

<font color="#0000FF">Don't quit unless you have something else set up.</font> Momentary satisfaction isn't worth it when you are hurting yourself in the long run. And all it takes is one bad report from a previous employer to ruin a good job opportunity down the road.</p>

You have to handle these things tactfully. </p>

I wouldn't want to see my buddy in one of those "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrations because he's got no job.</p>

Plus it would take away some of the joy of beating you this week.</p>[/quote]

Another good point, never understood why people would voluntarily quit without something else lined up...it's just irresponsible.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so I think i'm only going to be at my job for a few more weeks.

Let me run it by you and you guys tell me what you think:

-promised a raise after 3 months, didn't get it
    -asked for a raise after we lost a man and I carried the workload, denied because I left an hour early Labor Day weekend when there was no work on the shelves and half the company was out
    -2010 we had a record setting year financially but they took raises away from the company because the forecasted a bad year
    -They didn't pay us the day before Thanksgiving like they always do and they direct deposited on friday without telling anybody in the whole company
    -2011 forecast a good year for 2012, but rumor has it they are not only taking away raises but their small bonuses that they at least threw at us last year. But I have a feeling they won't tell us until the week of Christmas

I think im going to go out with a bang here. Let them lats minute **** me like that. We are all already underpaid at our positions. Im pretty amped. I don't think theres anyway I can bite my lip and if I go, im ****ting on all of em publically
    [/quote]id try and kill them with kindness, well at least be as reasonable as possible. tell them where youre coming from. if they still dont give you a raise, look for a new job, get the new job, then quit. dont walk out without a plan b.

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Does anyone here remember that Newt Gingrich got kicked out of Congress on ethics violations? And then made 10's of millions of dollars selling access to Washington?[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You are wrong. Obama is certainly incompetant but there is normal politician sleeze,......and then there Newt sleeze.</p>

Newt sleeze is on its own level.</p>[/quote]

Obama is literally advocating class warfare, that in combination with his blatant dishonesty is more then normal politician sleeze....give him time he's still young, he'll be newt sleeze or worse if anyone gives him half a chance.

[/quote]</p>

You are wrong. Obama is certainly incompetant but there is normal politician sleeze,......and then there Newt sleeze.</p>

Newt sleeze is on its own level.</p>[/quote]i think youre being unfair. you think obama didnt know they were going to sell his seat after he left or all countless other ****? theres been worse. **** ted kennedy drove drunk into a lake and killed a girl and served in the senate until he died.

All-Pro

Hey Morehead have you ever read Ayn Rand....specifically Atlas Shrugged? I've not really read it (quotes here and there a few paragraphs) but I'm interested in reading it, is it worth my time?

[quote user="DavenIII"]Hey Morehead have you ever read Ayn Rand....specifically Atlas Shrugged? I've not really read it (quotes here and there a few paragraphs) but I'm interested in reading it, is it worth my time?
    [/quote]</P>

I've read "The Virtue of Selfishness" but that was a while ago. I would recommend anything by Machiovelli...especially 'The Prince". Its a very, very tough read though. Lots of run on sentances.</P>

All-Pro

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"]Hey Morehead have you ever read Ayn Rand....specifically Atlas Shrugged? I've not really read it (quotes here and there a few paragraphs) but I'm interested in reading it, is it worth my time?
    [/quote]</p>

I've read "The Virtue of Selfishness" but that was a while ago. I would recommend anything by Machiovelli...especially 'The Prince". Its a very, very tough read though. Lots of run on sentances.</p>[/quote]

That's how I talk/write anyhow so It'll probably flow for me, I'll look into it thanks for the suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread