+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]ain't happenin [/quote]
    You are like a scorn ex girlfriend when it comes to the NBA.
    [/quote]</p>

cuz it's so ****ing corrupt, dude. youre so blinded because 90% of the time, it's your team doing the ripping off....

I mean, i KNOW youre upset if you dont get Paul....but, this trade STUNK of bull**** from the moment it was announced. A team owned by the NBA, who is tring to sell the team....and they are A) dumping one of hte best players in the league for NOTHING...to a team who is STEALING him, and MAKING MONEY OFF THE DEAL!!!!
    And you think for some reason this is normal???</p>

And then you post some twitter feed of a guy who called the NJ offer of 2 first rounders and a center for Howard "garbage"? quit drinkin the koolaide bro....</p>[/quote]
    No Pizz, you are blind. The Pau trade at the time seemed bad but it turns out it was great for both teams. We gave them 3 first round picks and Marc Gasol who is a top 5 big man. The Grizzlies have totally rebounded as a franchise because of that trade.

Every NBA head on every website and TV show says the trade was completely fair and if anything the Lakers gave up too much. We traded the 6th man of the year and one of the best PF's in the game.

The Hornets were getting Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Gordon Dragic, Lamar Odom plus draft picks. Those are 4 above average players. That team is better than most of the starting lineups in the NBA right now. They would not have found a better deal anywhere.

The Nets traded a 19 year old rookie and 2 1st rd picks for D Will. Arguably the best PG in the game. You are complaining about our trade? lol

It's not some guy either, It's John Hollinger. He probably knows more about the NBA than anyone. Granted it's his opinion but you get Lopez and 2 picks in return. If those picks bust out you got nothing for him. It's really not that good of a deal but I think the Magic would be dumb not to take it. Unless we offer Pau and Bynum which we may be doing now.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]ain't happenin [/quote]
    You are like a scorn ex girlfriend when it comes to the NBA.
    [/quote]</p>

cuz it's so ****ing corrupt, dude. youre so blinded because 90% of the time, it's your team doing the ripping off....

I mean, i KNOW youre upset if you dont get Paul....but, this trade STUNK of bull**** from the moment it was announced. A team owned by the NBA, who is tring to sell the team....and they are A) dumping one of hte best players in the league for NOTHING...to a team who is STEALING him, and MAKING MONEY OFF THE DEAL!!!!
    And you think for some reason this is normal???</p>

And then you post some twitter feed of a guy who called the NJ offer of 2 first rounders and a center for Howard "garbage"? quit drinkin the koolaide bro....</p>[/quote]
    No Pizz, you are blind. The Pau trade at the time seemed bad but it turns out it was great for both teams. We gave them 3 first round picks and Marc Gasol who is a top 5 big man. The Grizzlies have totally rebounded as a franchise because of that trade.

Every NBA head on every website and TV show says the trade was completely fair and if anything the Lakers gave up too much. We traded the 6th man of the year and one of the best PF's in the game.

The Hornets were getting Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Gordon Dragic, Lamar Odom plus draft picks. Those are 4 above average players. That team is better than most of the starting lineups in the NBA right now. They would not have found a better deal anywhere.

The Nets traded a 19 year old rookie and 2 1st rd picks for D Will. Arguably the best PG in the game. You are complaining about our trade? lol

It's not some guy either, It's John Hollinger. He probably knows more about the NBA than anyone. Granted it's his opinion but you get Lopez and 2 picks in return. If those picks bust out you got nothing for him. It's really not that good of a deal but I think the Magic would be dumb not to take it. Unless we offer Pau and Bynum which we may be doing now.
    [/quote]

Pau trade turned out alot better - but do not stick up for it.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

<div align="center"></div>

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

<div align="center">

bahahahahaaaa
    </div>

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]<p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_47">Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert called the New Orleans Hornets’ proposed trade of <span class="ysp-player">Chris Paul</span> to the Los Angeles Lakers
    a “travesty,” and urged NBA commissioner David Stern to put the deal to
    a vote of the league’s 29 owners in an email obtained by Yahoo! Sports.
    Gilbert sent the email to Stern, deputy commissioner Adam Silver and a
    handful of Gilbert’s ownership peers on Thursday.</p>

<div id="sidebar">

<div class="related_news">
    <div class="hd">More From Yahoo! Sports Staff</div>
    <div class="bd">
    <ul class="list"><li class="B">Free-agent buzz: Warriors pursue Jordan Dec 9, 2011<li class="B">NBA free agency and trade tracker Dec 8, 2011[/list] </div>
    </div>

</div>

The following is the email in its entirety:</p>

Commissioner,</p><i id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_310">
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_309">It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_312">This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_311">Over the next three seasons this
    deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and
    approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to
    non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_313">I cannot remember ever seeing a
    trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved
    over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would
    give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for <span class="ysp-player">Dwight Howard.</span>
    (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them
    improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers
    got <span class="ysp-player">Pau Gasol</span>
    (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens
    of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a
    number of prospects (one in <span class="ysp-player">Marc Gasol</span> who may become a max-salary player).</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_314">I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.</p>

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.</p>

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_315">Please advise….</p>
    [/i]

Dan G.</p>

</p>

------------</p>

</p>

Not for nothing but the reality of it is that this whole theory is garbage. This guy is still butt hurt over losing Lebron, which is understandable. But the truth is that if he wasn't such a stubborn *** and would of been open to approaching Lebron in an honest way and open to trading him before the deadline in his last season, his tema would of been in a MUCH better position. Go ask the Nuggets.
    </p>

Lets review the trade: Lakers make a move to dump salary cap - okay. They are getting a guy who has basically said that he WILL NOT resign with the Lakers and is heading to NY next year. Even still, Paul is best player in the deal but I do NOT think that the Lakers get better. Not this year and def not next year. Is it illegal to try and dump big contracts? Its like reverse discrimination.</p>

</p>

Hornets should be happy - they are getting some legit role players instead of just taking the hit of losing a superstar, like the Cavs did ironically. Houston just got a superstar at center. Hornets aren't happy about losing CP, but its inevitable.</p>

</p>

I went from liking this guys and feeling sorry for him to thinking hes an *******. "Its not fair, their GM is making good moves."
    </p>

</p>[/quote]
    He sounds like me crying about fantasy football. lol And just like me he is wrong. He is bitter about losing Lebron and he is just bitter in general. He is also upset because of the financial savings the Lakers would have and he won't get the revenue sharing from us being over the cap. He sounds like a crybaby *****. **** the Cavs and **** him. Maybe he should have built a better team around Lebron instead of Mo Williams, Varejo, Z and other scrubs.

The NBA backed itself into a corner on this one. Now the Hornets aren't going to be able to trade Paul at all. How can the NBA let him go somewhere else if he can't come to LA. So it would be ok if he got traded to the Blazers. He should not be able to be traded anywhere. Then the Hornets won't get anything for him. This trade was fair for everyone.

David Stern didn't even give the teams involved a chance to increase the offer or tell them what would need to happen to make it go through. He just straight said no. It's so ****ed. Alot of people are saying the Lakers would be worse with this trade.

[/quote]

LMFAO i wasn't going to go there but thats exactly what it reminded me of.

I agree the luxory tax has something to do with it as well. But you cna't have it ALL for you. His misconception is that this move puts the Lakers over the top. I got to be honest Lando - I think this is a bad move for this year. Im sure they'll be able to get a top notch FA over the next few years but it won't be Paul.

He should of tried a move like this.and maybe he wouldn't have the most pitiful team in the NBA. He was king of bad contracts and no foresight. He tried just throwing it all on Lebron and it backfired. Personally I think he needs to sell the teams. Hes on tilt and jaded.

I agree with you Lando, this is horse****. I think this **** backfires and he goes to the Lakers.

I do feel bad for Stern, hes in a lose/lose situation. I think this is the beginning of the end for him
    [/quote]
    I just figured I would say it before you did. lol

There are not many great FA's coming out any time soon. This was our chance to pounce.

Stern was already on thin ice, this just took it over the top.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]<p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_47">Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert called the New Orleans Hornets’ proposed trade of <span class="ysp-player">Chris Paul</span> to the Los Angeles Lakers
    a “travesty,” and urged NBA commissioner David Stern to put the deal to
    a vote of the league’s 29 owners in an email obtained by Yahoo! Sports.
    Gilbert sent the email to Stern, deputy commissioner Adam Silver and a
    handful of Gilbert’s ownership peers on Thursday.</p>

<div id="sidebar">

<div class="related_news">
    <div class="hd">More From Yahoo! Sports Staff</div>
    <div class="bd">
    <ul class="list"><li class="B">Free-agent buzz: Warriors pursue Jordan Dec 9, 2011<li class="B">NBA free agency and trade tracker Dec 8, 2011[/list] </div>
    </div>

</div>

The following is the email in its entirety:</p>

Commissioner,</p><i id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_310">
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_309">It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_312">This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_311">Over the next three seasons this
    deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and
    approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to
    non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_313">I cannot remember ever seeing a
    trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved
    over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would
    give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for <span class="ysp-player">Dwight Howard.</span>
    (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them
    improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers
    got <span class="ysp-player">Pau Gasol</span>
    (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens
    of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a
    number of prospects (one in <span class="ysp-player">Marc Gasol</span> who may become a max-salary player).</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_314">I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.</p>

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.</p>

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_315">Please advise….</p>
    [/i]

Dan G.</p>

</p>

------------</p>

</p>

Not for nothing but the reality of it is that this whole theory is garbage. This guy is still butt hurt over losing Lebron, which is understandable. But the truth is that if he wasn't such a stubborn *** and would of been open to approaching Lebron in an honest way and open to trading him before the deadline in his last season, his tema would of been in a MUCH better position. Go ask the Nuggets.
    </p>

Lets review the trade: Lakers make a move to dump salary cap - okay. They are getting a guy who has basically said that he WILL NOT resign with the Lakers and is heading to NY next year. Even still, Paul is best player in the deal but I do NOT think that the Lakers get better. Not this year and def not next year. Is it illegal to try and dump big contracts? Its like reverse discrimination.</p>

</p>

Hornets should be happy - they are getting some legit role players instead of just taking the hit of losing a superstar, like the Cavs did ironically. Houston just got a superstar at center. Hornets aren't happy about losing CP, but its inevitable.</p>

</p>

I went from liking this guys and feeling sorry for him to thinking hes an *******. "Its not fair, their GM is making good moves."
    </p>

</p>[/quote]
    He sounds like me crying about fantasy football. lol And just like me he is wrong. He is bitter about losing Lebron and he is just bitter in general. He is also upset because of the financial savings the Lakers would have and he won't get the revenue sharing from us being over the cap. He sounds like a crybaby *****. **** the Cavs and **** him. Maybe he should have built a better team around Lebron instead of Mo Williams, Varejo, Z and other scrubs.

The NBA backed itself into a corner on this one. Now the Hornets aren't going to be able to trade Paul at all. How can the NBA let him go somewhere else if he can't come to LA. So it would be ok if he got traded to the Blazers. He should not be able to be traded anywhere. Then the Hornets won't get anything for him. This trade was fair for everyone.

David Stern didn't even give the teams involved a chance to increase the offer or tell them what would need to happen to make it go through. He just straight said no. It's so ****ed. Alot of people are saying the Lakers would be worse with this trade.

[/quote]

LMFAO i wasn't going to go there but thats exactly what it reminded me of.

I agree the luxory tax has something to do with it as well. But you cna't have it ALL for you. His misconception is that this move puts the Lakers over the top. I got to be honest Lando - I think this is a bad move for this year. Im sure they'll be able to get a top notch FA over the next few years but it won't be Paul.

He should of tried a move like this.and maybe he wouldn't have the most pitiful team in the NBA. He was king of bad contracts and no foresight. He tried just throwing it all on Lebron and it backfired. Personally I think he needs to sell the teams. Hes on tilt and jaded.

I agree with you Lando, this is horse****. I think this **** backfires and he goes to the Lakers.

I do feel bad for Stern, hes in a lose/lose situation. I think this is the beginning of the end for him
    [/quote]
    I just figured I would say it before you did. lol

There are not many great FA's coming out any time soon. This was our chance to pounce.

Stern was already on thin ice, this just took it over the top.
    [/quote]

im not a fan of stern but there was nothing he could of done here except not let the league control the Hornets
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"]lol this was the coolest movie when i was a kid

<DIV align=center></DIV>

[/quote]</P>

hahaha i loved it when I was a kid!! I bought the DVD for like $5 ten years ago lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"]<div align="center"></div>[/quote]Chris Walken-ouch gives me a headache

[quote user="dezzzR"][/quote]
    You are not helping the thread by uploading all these gifs. We are going to get more runtime errors.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]lol this was the coolest movie when i was a kid

<DIV align=center></DIV>

[/quote]</P>

hahaha i loved it when I was a kid!! I bought the DVD for like $5 ten years ago lol</P>[/quote]Kindergarten Cop?-doesn't matter all his movies were great.

+ Reply to Thread