+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]So far the only ones I found under 290 are Brett 'Da Beard' Kiesel and JJ Watt, every other 3-4 DE is over 300lb
    [/quote]

Kiesal, all of Dallas's DEs, Antonio Smith (hous) , Cory Redding (balt), Spencer Johnson (buf), Rucker (cin), Robert Geathers (cin), Wynn (GB)

just saying there are starters in the league at the 3-4 DE that are Tuck's size. They all aren't 300+
    [/quote]Redding is 298
    Spencer Johnson is over 300 and he's listed as buffalo's OLB
    Every one of Dallas' DE's are listed at over 300 lbs

So even with the 4 guys you listed thats still 6 total starting 3-4 DE's in the NFL out of how many?? 30+???
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]and why bradshaw runs for +10 on the first play and then we never see him again.
    [/quote]

That's what I don't like and I've been saying it for YEARS but It's Gilbride's fault 100%

everyone says he comes up with a great plan to expose the opposing teams defensive weaknesses and I DON'T disagree with that, but sometimes it's more important to use what our team does well at any particular time/game.

sooo many times we've played teams that are "supposed" to be bad against the pass and we'll pass all game with little success...meanwhile though they are supposed to be strong against the run..we'll average 5-6 YPC against them....but Gilbride never acknowledges it...it's like he is completely oblivious to the results.

He set's a game plan against a specific opponent and that's that ... there is no changing it, if we are supposed to be able to pass on Washington...then we will bang our heads against a wall if we can't until we lose....horrible....who cares that the run was working well...that's not his game plan.

I hate it.
    [/quote]

i think he sets the same ****in game plan every week no matter who we play

i feel like its the same hsit every week
    [/quote]</P>

If your argument is that it shouldn't be a disqualifyer for a new HC, I would agree. If you are arguing that all things the same, we would be better in a 3-4, I would disagree.</P>

We will have to get some new players if we wanted to play a pure 3-4 defense. But if we get a new HC, we're probably getting new players anyway.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

But Joseph is a prototypical NT
    [/quote]What tells you that, his zero combined years playing in a 3-4 defense???

Other than his size, nothing says 3-4 about the guy. He's been playing great as a 4-3 1/2 gap hybrid with Canty so far. Personally Id RATHER have a 1 gap and a 2 gap DT, but Canty and LJ are playing fine in the hybrid set

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]So far the only ones I found under 290 are Brett 'Da Beard' Kiesel and JJ Watt, every other 3-4 DE is over 300lb
    [/quote]

Kiesal, all of Dallas's DEs, Antonio Smith (hous) , Cory Redding (balt), Spencer Johnson (buf), Rucker (cin), Robert Geathers (cin), Wynn (GB)

just saying there are starters in the league at the 3-4 DE that are Tuck's size. They all aren't 300+
    [/quote]Redding is 298

So even with the 4 guys you listed thats still 6 total starting 3-4 DE's in the NFL out of how many?? 30+???
    [/quote]

i'll concede - football reference has completeley different weights

Spencer is def on the line though. He use to be DT in Minny
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]and why bradshaw runs for +10 on the first play and then we never see him again.
    [/quote]

That's what I don't like and I've been saying it for YEARS but It's Gilbride's fault 100%

everyone says he comes up with a great plan to expose the opposing teams defensive weaknesses and I DON'T disagree with that, but sometimes it's more important to use what our team does well at any particular time/game.

sooo many times we've played teams that are "supposed" to be bad against the pass and we'll pass all game with little success...meanwhile though they are supposed to be strong against the run..we'll average 5-6 YPC against them....but Gilbride never acknowledges it...it's like he is completely oblivious to the results.

He set's a game plan against a specific opponent and that's that ... there is no changing it, if we are supposed to be able to pass on Washington...then we will bang our heads against a wall if we can't until we lose....horrible....who cares that the run was working well...that's not his game plan.

I hate it.
    [/quote]

i think he sets the same ****in game plan every week no matter who we play

i feel like its the same hsit every week
    [/quote]</p>

If your argument is that it shouldn't be a disqualifyer for a new HC, I would agree. If you are arguing that all things the same, we would be better in a 3-4, I would disagree.</p>

We will have to get some new players if we wanted to play a pure 3-4 defense. But if we get a new HC, we're probably getting new players anyway.</p>[/quote]

yea - thats why I said I wouldn't want Cowher, cuz I wouldn't want the 3-4. But I would take cowher. I feel alot better about it.

I do think that Kiwi, JPP, and Joseph's talents could be maximized in a 3-4, but overall we would be better fit for 4-3.

But do u really think Osi is here next year, either way

Hakeem is gonna be in Poughkeepsie tonight - LT and Pizz

i think im gonna take Blondie over there to get a nice Auto

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

But Joseph is a prototypical NT
    [/quote]What tells you that, his zero combined years playing in a 3-4 defense???

Other than his size, nothing says 3-4 about the guy. He's been playing great as a 4-3 1/2 gap hybrid with Canty so far. Personally Id RATHER have a 1 gap and a 2 gap DT, but Canty and LJ are playing fine in the hybrid set
    [/quote]

his size, stength, and what he does best is take on mutliple blockers. Hes perfect

I mean theres no real difference between a 4-3 DT and a 3-4 NT, besides size and strength. He has it. Hes one of the strongest guys in the NFL - thats what he was scouted as. Most places had him listed as a NT coming out

I mean Skins gave Cofield a huge contract to go play there and he never did before

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]

[/quote]Redding is 298

[/quote]
    <font size="6">
    i'll concede </font>- football reference has completeley different weights

[/quote]Am I just really REALLY baked off that Kush or am I reading this correctly?!?!?!

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]

[/quote]Redding is 298

[/quote]
    <font size="6">

[/quote]Am I just really REALLY baked off that Kush or am I reading this correctly?!?!?!
    [/quote]

lol i had wrong info on weights - the kid that changed my mind proved it to me by using football reference...

if those weights are right then I say Tuck can do it, if they arne't then I say he can't

but i always eat crow

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]

[/quote]Redding is 298

[/quote]
    <font size="6">

[/quote]

lol i had wrong info on weights - the kid that changed my mind proved it to me by using football reference...

if those weights are right then I say Tuck can do it, if they arne't then I say he can't

but i always eat crow

+ Reply to Thread