+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]Despite what they say about Romo being fine, it will be tough to throw the ball accurately with that hand injury.[/quote]
    Plus it's going to be cold. If he bangs it on the ground or on another helmet or gets it his anyway it's going to hurt every time. It will affect his velocity and accuracy.

Great point about TC. I think you are right about that. We have shown up in some big games recently. The players know what happened last year as well in our stadium. I don't think it's going to be close. The D played great against the Jets and they will carry that momentum.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"]So...

If we beat the Cowboys and the Lions beat the Packers (who have nothing to play for) then it would be

Lions @ Giants
    Falcons @ Saints (assuming the 49ers beat the Rams)

Then...

Giants @ Packers
    Saints @ 49ers

Then...

Giants @ ?
    [/quote]I realize Pack has nothing to play for--I prefer that we face Atlanta rather than Lions. Lovin the Giants at Packers for Divisional Championship.[/quote]</P>

Much rather face Atlanta.* The dumbest team in the NFL.* Have one of the best RB's in the league and they go pass happy last night.* they deserve to lose.** I know their coach has turned around the program (supposedly) but Smith is a dumbass too.* He was the DC for Jax that had the great idea of letting Tom Brady complete everything in front of them and died a slow death in the playoffs.* (Brady had one incompletion in the entire game)* He also went for it on his own 29 late in the game earlier this season to lose a game.</P>

Yes...give me Atlanta.* (of course there is the matter of beating Dallas first)</P>

[/quote]Definitely Atlanta. I am not nearly as anxious about Dallas this week as I was about the Jet's last week. That surprises me, considering that we generally struggle with Dallas @ home.[/quote]</P>

Despite what they say about Romo being fine, it will be tough to throw the ball accurately with that hand injury.</P>

Its a strange view I know, but I think the TC injury and his refusal to have an MRI might just motivate the team to put it all on the line this week.* Something they haven't done in do or die games in the past few years.</P>[/quote]I feel the same about Romo-but I don't like when our team plays back up qb's. It's usually not a good result.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"]So...

If we beat the Cowboys and the Lions beat the Packers (who have nothing to play for) then it would be

Lions @ Giants
    Falcons @ Saints (assuming the 49ers beat the Rams)

Then...

Giants @ Packers
    Saints @ 49ers

Then...

Giants @ ?
    [/quote]I realize Pack has nothing to play for--I prefer that we face Atlanta rather than Lions. Lovin the Giants at Packers for Divisional Championship.[/quote]</P>

Much rather face Atlanta. The dumbest team in the NFL. Have one of the best RB's in the league and they go pass happy last night. they deserve to lose. I know their coach has turned around the program (supposedly) but Smith is a dumbass too. He was the DC for Jax that had the great idea of letting Tom Brady complete everything in front of them and died a slow death in the playoffs. (Brady had one incompletion in the entire game) He also went for it on his own 29 late in the game earlier this season to lose a game.</P>

Yes...give me Atlanta. (of course there is the matter of beating Dallas first)</P>

[/quote]
    The only way we play Atlanta is if the Lions lose to the Packers. Considering AR will play a quarter or a half at most I don't see that happening. Atlanta plays Tampa Bay at home so they will win that won for sure. Even if they lost they still have the 6 spot locked up. I'm sure they don't want to go back to NO in 2 weeks but Detroit controls that. Prepare for Detroit...
    [/quote]</P>

Prepare for Dallas.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Regarding Wild Card Weekend:

Jan 7 #<font color="#0000FF">3</font> vs #<font color="#0000FF">6</font> seed Sat

Jan 8 #<font color="#0000FF">5</font> vs #<font color="#0000FF">4</font> seed Sun

If we beat Dallas , that puts us on the Sunday slot. What time slot do you think they will put us in?[/quote]
    Probably the early game. Do you know the AFC times? If the Broncos and Steelers play Sunday then we would be the early game and they would be the late game.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Despite what they say about Romo being fine, it will be tough to throw the ball accurately with that hand injury.[/quote]
    Plus it's going to be cold. If he bangs it on the ground or on another helmet or gets it his anyway it's going to hurt every time. It will affect his velocity and accuracy.

Great point about TC. I think you are right about that. We have shown up in some big games recently. The players know what happened last year as well in our stadium. I don't think it's going to be close. The D played great against the Jets and they will carry that momentum.
    [/quote]I also like the way Fewell called that game--he said last week that he was going to simplify things. It worked.

Jared Allen On His Mullet

"The mullet isnt a hairstyle, its a LIFESTYLE. If someone asks you if you want extra mayo you HAVE to say yes"

"I approach you from the front and you go wow that guy is pretty serious. Then as I walk away, you say, WOW, that guy likes to party.... With 2 R'S!!!!"

I think I found my new favorite player, how can you hate on a mullet with laser stripes on the side!?!?!?
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I don't like when our team plays back up qb's. It's usually not a good result.[/quote]
    I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to jink us. lol [:|]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Despite what they say about Romo being fine, it will be tough to throw the ball accurately with that hand injury.[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Sanchez was horrific on Saturday. Even on the last Webby pick the guy was wide open. Not sure our D played well at all. Jets offense is terrible.</P>

I was thinking of Carolina in 09 and GB last year. We mailed in both games. And we are 2-5 so far this 2nd half. I would disagree that we have "shown up" this season.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Regarding Wild Card Weekend:

Jan 7 #<font color="#0000FF">3</font> vs #<font color="#0000FF">6</font> seed Sat

Jan 8 #<font color="#0000FF">5</font> vs #<font color="#0000FF">4</font> seed Sun

If we beat Dallas , that puts us on the Sunday slot. What time slot do you think they will put us in?[/quote]
    Probably the early game. Do you know the AFC times? If the Broncos and Steelers play Sunday then we would be the early game and they would be the late game.
    [/quote]I think Broncs / Steelers will be late Sat. with Cinci and Houston on Sunday.

That puts us either 1pm or 4pm, but I'm almost certain we play on Sunday?

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Sanchez was horrific on Saturday.* Even on the last Webby pick the guy was wide open.* Not sure our D played well at all.* Jets offense is terrible.</P>

I was thinking of Carolina in 09 and GB last year.* We mailed in both games.* And we are 2-5 so far this 2nd half.* I would disagree that we have "shown up" this season.</P>[/quote]That is the reality of it...Jet's offense was horrid. Our defense showed major improvement from last week, but Eli only completed 9 passes ALL day. Cruz was the entire pass game, well almost. It would be nice if someone else would catch a ball once in a while.

+ Reply to Thread