that he's willing to play through pain, but it's obvious that the
    problem isn't going away anytime soon. He's shooting just 41.7 percent
    from the floor through seven games, tying his rookie season for the
    worst mark in his career.
    </div>

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]
    <DIV class="UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_MED_Content fsm fwn fcg">
    <DIV class=uiAttachmentTitle data-ft='{"type":11}'>Chad Ochocinco </DIV><SPAN class=caption></SPAN>
    <DIV class="mts uiAttachmentDesc translationEligibleUserAttachmentMessage">My daughter was just suspended from school this morning for a day for a slick comment I don't think is worthy of a suspension. You decide: Teacher: Why are you late? My daughter: Why does it matter? you still get paid, right? &lt;--- this is detention worthy not suspension

absolutely. iv been suspended for much less. and it sounds like his daughter is a spoiled brat.
    </DIV></DIV>

[/quote]</P>

I can only assume she was extremely snobby while saying it, and doesnt have that kind of friendly relationship with the teacher, so yes absolutely. Kid's dont have any respect for anyone older than them anymore, and they wonder why so many kids get beaten. lmao</P>

for the record, i'm all about reprimanding, and spanking kids. My mom still has the ability to instill fear in me haha. And my dad...well, he was a bit crazy when I was younger, so obviously the same goes for him.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

Kobe Bryant (wrist) is taking a numbing injection before every game.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Yikes. We knew Bryant's wrist injury was bad, but the fact that he has to get the injections before every game is not exactly an encouraging sign for his long-term outlook. Bryant has shown that he's willing to play through pain, but it's obvious that the problem isn't going away anytime soon. He's shooting just 41.7 percent from the floor through seven games, tying his rookie season for the worst mark in his career. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

Will you attend his retirement party this summer??</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<span style="font-size: small;">Atlanta @ NY Giants
    Sunday 1:00ET
    </span>

Atlanta Must: Keep Matt Ryan
    upright. Atlanta's O-Line played better down the stretch, but part of
    that was due to weak opponents. In their final seven games, the Falcons
    faced one defense ranked higher than 19th in the league in sacks. Ryan
    took only eight sacks during that span after absorbing 18 in the first
    nine weeks. The Giants finished the regular season third in the
    statistic, despite 11 missed games from star ends Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora. Osi and Tuck are healthy now, while Defensive Player of the Year candidate Jason Pierre-Paul
    has emerged as the club's best pass rusher. In terms of run and pass
    yardage rankings, the Giants' defense may appear to be vulnerable on
    paper. But there isn't a more fearsome pass rush left in the playoffs.

New York Must: Get Ahmad Bradshaw
    going. The Falcons ranked sixth in regular-season run defense, but
    sprung leaks during the final month. In the last four games, Panthers,
    Jaguars, Saints, and Bucs backs combined to rush for 398 yards on 65
    carries (6.12 YPC) against Atlanta, which also lost strong-side
    linebacker Stephen Nicholas
    to a lingering knee injury. Nicholas won't play against the G-Men.
    Bradshaw struggled to stay healthy for much of the season, but overtook Brandon Jacobs to be New York's lead back in the last three games and is integral to the Giants' chances on Sunday. Big-play receivers Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham can be deadly off play-action fakes, but need opponents to fear New York's running game to execute.

X-Factor: Giants safety Kenny Phillips.
    Phillips hasn't been recognized with a Pro Bowl berth in his four-year
    career, but he's on his way after a breakout season. In addition to
    setting career highs in tackles (82), pass breakups (11), and picks (4),
    Phillips graded out as the NFL's sixth-best safety by Pro Football
    Focus. Phillips spends a lot of time "in the box" supporting the run,
    and will be key to New York's defense of Michael Turner. In coverage, Phillips' responsibilities will likely include guarding Tony Gonzalez and providing "help" against Roddy White. A terrifically versatile, well-rounded safety, expect Phillips' name to be called often by Sunday's broadcasters.

Whey the Giants will win:
    I think they will have more success running the ball, throwing it, and
    rushing the passer than Atlanta. Ryan's career home-away splits are also
    a bit startling when assessing the Falcons' chances. In 30 career home
    games, Ryan has a 26-4 record, 64.8 completion rate, 7.55
    yards-per-attempt average, and 49:17 touchdown-to-interception ratio. In
    32 road affairs, Ryan is 17-15, completes 58.1% of his passes, averages
    6.66 YPA, and has 46 TD passes compared to 29 picks. This will be
    Atlanta's second game played outdoors since Week 4.

Prediction: Giants 30, Falcons 21

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: small">Atlanta @ NY Giants
    </SPAN>

Atlanta Must: Keep Matt Ryan upright. Atlanta's O-Line played better down the stretch, but part of that was due to weak opponents. In their final seven games, the Falcons faced one defense ranked higher than 19th in the league in sacks. Ryan took only eight sacks during that span after absorbing 18 in the first nine weeks. The Giants finished the regular season third in the statistic, despite 11 missed games from star ends Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora. Osi and Tuck are healthy now, while Defensive Player of the Year candidate Jason Pierre-Paul has emerged as the club's best pass rusher. In terms of run and pass yardage rankings, the Giants' defense may appear to be vulnerable on paper. But there isn't a more fearsome pass rush left in the playoffs.

New York Must: Get Ahmad Bradshaw going. The Falcons ranked sixth in regular-season run defense, but sprung leaks during the final month. In the last four games, Panthers, Jaguars, Saints, and Bucs backs combined to rush for 398 yards on 65 carries (6.12 YPC) against Atlanta, which also lost strong-side linebacker Stephen Nicholas to a lingering knee injury. Nicholas won't play against the G-Men. Bradshaw struggled to stay healthy for much of the season, but overtook Brandon Jacobs to be New York's lead back in the last three games and is integral to the Giants' chances on Sunday. Big-play receivers Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham can be deadly off play-action fakes, but need opponents to fear New York's running game to execute.

X-Factor: Giants safety Kenny Phillips. Phillips hasn't been recognized with a Pro Bowl berth in his four-year career, but he's on his way after a breakout season. In addition to setting career highs in tackles (82), pass breakups (11), and picks (4), Phillips graded out as the NFL's sixth-best safety by Pro Football Focus. Phillips spends a lot of time "in the box" supporting the run, and will be key to New York's defense of Michael Turner. In coverage, Phillips' responsibilities will likely include guarding Tony Gonzalez and providing "help" against Roddy White. A terrifically versatile, well-rounded safety, expect Phillips' name to be called often by Sunday's broadcasters.

Whey the Giants will win: I think they will have more success running the ball, throwing it, and rushing the passer than Atlanta. Ryan's career home-away splits are also a bit startling when assessing the Falcons' chances. In 30 career home games, Ryan has a 26-4 record, 64.8 completion rate, 7.55 yards-per-attempt average, and 49:17 touchdown-to-interception ratio. In 32 road affairs, Ryan is 17-15, completes 58.1% of his passes, averages 6.66 YPA, and has 46 TD passes compared to 29 picks. This will be Atlanta's second game played outdoors since Week 4.

Prediction: Giants 30, Falcons 21[/quote]</P>

I used to like Matt Ryan, but these past few years I think he's been greatly overrated.
    our defense is clearly the difference maker in this game. Our secondary needs to show up, and at minimum hold Ryan to 250 yards and reduce the big plays. Our offense is going to do work, definitely. Everything about the Falcons is overrated. I mean Turner and Roddy White are the real deal, but they arent going to do it by themselves obviously.
    Good to see KP get some respect. Unsung hero, and lowkey good season for him.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <DIV class="UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_MED_Content fsm fwn fcg">
    <DIV class=uiAttachmentTitle data-ft='{"type":11}'>Chad Ochocinco </DIV><SPAN class=caption></SPAN>
    <DIV class="mts uiAttachmentDesc translationEligibleUserAttachmentMessage">My daughter was just suspended from school this morning for a day for a slick comment I don't think is worthy of a suspension. You decide: Teacher: Why are you late? My daughter: Why does it matter? you still get paid, right? <--- this is detention worthy not suspension

absolutely. iv been suspended for much less. and it sounds like his daughter is a spoiled brat.
    </DIV></DIV>

[/quote]</P>

I can only assume she was extremely snobby while saying it, and doesnt have that kind of friendly relationship with the teacher, so yes absolutely. Kid's dont have any respect for anyone older than them anymore, and they wonder why so many kids get beaten. lmao</P>

for the record, i'm all about reprimanding, and spanking kids. My mom still has the ability to instill fear in me haha. And my dad...well, he was a bit crazy when I was younger, so obviously the same goes for him.</P>[/quote]Dam youngens got no respect for their elders. That girls got quite the attitude. Would of been funny if she did have the friendly kind of relationship with the teach you were referring to. If I were the teach I would of been like What did you say ?

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: small">Atlanta @ NY Giants
    </SPAN>

Atlanta Must: Keep Matt Ryan upright. Atlanta's O-Line played better down the stretch, but part of that was due to weak opponents. In their final seven games, the Falcons faced one defense ranked higher than 19th in the league in sacks. Ryan took only eight sacks during that span after absorbing 18 in the first nine weeks. The Giants finished the regular season third in the statistic, despite 11 missed games from star ends Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora. Osi and Tuck are healthy now, while Defensive Player of the Year candidate Jason Pierre-Paul has emerged as the club's best pass rusher. In terms of run and pass yardage rankings, the Giants' defense may appear to be vulnerable on paper. But there isn't a more fearsome pass rush left in the playoffs.

New York Must: Get Ahmad Bradshaw going. The Falcons ranked sixth in regular-season run defense, but sprung leaks during the final month. In the last four games, Panthers, Jaguars, Saints, and Bucs backs combined to rush for 398 yards on 65 carries (6.12 YPC) against Atlanta, which also lost strong-side linebacker Stephen Nicholas to a lingering knee injury. Nicholas won't play against the G-Men. Bradshaw struggled to stay healthy for much of the season, but overtook Brandon Jacobs to be New York's lead back in the last three games and is integral to the Giants' chances on Sunday. Big-play receivers Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham can be deadly off play-action fakes, but need opponents to fear New York's running game to execute.

X-Factor: Giants safety Kenny Phillips. Phillips hasn't been recognized with a Pro Bowl berth in his four-year career, but he's on his way after a breakout season. In addition to setting career highs in tackles (82), pass breakups (11), and picks (4), Phillips graded out as the NFL's sixth-best safety by Pro Football Focus. Phillips spends a lot of time "in the box" supporting the run, and will be key to New York's defense of Michael Turner. In coverage, Phillips' responsibilities will likely include guarding Tony Gonzalez and providing "help" against Roddy White. A terrifically versatile, well-rounded safety, expect Phillips' name to be called often by Sunday's broadcasters.

Whey the Giants will win: I think they will have more success running the ball, throwing it, and rushing the passer than Atlanta. Ryan's career home-away splits are also a bit startling when assessing the Falcons' chances. In 30 career home games, Ryan has a 26-4 record, 64.8 completion rate, 7.55 yards-per-attempt average, and 49:17 touchdown-to-interception ratio. In 32 road affairs, Ryan is 17-15, completes 58.1% of his passes, averages 6.66 YPA, and has 46 TD passes compared to 29 picks. This will be Atlanta's second game played outdoors since Week 4.

Prediction: Giants 30, Falcons 21[/quote]</P>

I used to like Matt Ryan, but these past few years I think he's been greatly overrated.
    our defense is clearly the difference maker in this game. Our secondary needs to show up, and at minimum hold Ryan to 250 yards and reduce the big plays. Our offense is going to do work, definitely. Everything about the Falcons is overrated. I mean Turner and Roddy White are the real deal, but they arent going to do it by themselves obviously.
    Good to see KP get some respect. Unsung hero, and lowkey good season for him.</P>[/quote]Our defense is going to go out there like a pack of wild dogs. I was reading stats today that say AB and BJ combined basically equal or barely exceed Turner's production by himself. If we can get at least 80+ yards on the ground. A turnover or two(Ryan has not turned the ball over in something like 16 quarters) we will be good.

Let the atlanta defense pick their poison on who they want to double team, it won't matter as long as Nick's -ballard(knee? He has been practicing this week) make their plays while Cruz is drawing the coverage attention.

weather is suppose to be nice sunday.....damn

[quote user="dezzzR"]weather is suppose to be nice sunday.....damn
    [/quote]DAMNIT!!!!

I want 25degrees and a foot of snow.... More ammo to throw at any prospective falcon fans, LOL

Snow games are the BEST!!!

+ Reply to Thread