+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What's the theory on Greenbay's offensive line, that we are targeting our defense to attack up the middle to collapse pocket and rush Rodger's?

I know our ends will get pressure, and we usually get a good push in the middle anyway.

Is there a weak spot I don't know about?[/quote]

they haven't had a a real dominate oline plus they've been banged up
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What's the theory on Greenbay's offensive line, that we are targeting our defense to attack up the middle to collapse pocket and rush Rodger's? I know our ends will get pressure, and we usually get a good push in the middle anyway. Is there a weak spot I don't know about?[/quote]</P>

weakness of their o-line? dont know enough to tell.
    our defense struggles with gaps.
    We did a good job of defending the run on sunday...kinda....but atlanta was playing from behind, so their ground numbers are deceiving, cuz they werent able to run much.
    with Green Bay, they are going to run even less because they dont really have a run game, i expect us to just blitz with 1 if we do, because we are going to need all the help we can get against the pass.

this is the time of year where losing guys to the IR before the season started KILLS us. if we had another big DT(Austin) and obviously TT, and also Goff....i'd feel much more confident about our defense.
    It's funny to think that with the amount of injuries this year that we got this far!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]What's the theory on Greenbay's offensive line, that we are targeting our defense to attack up the middle to collapse pocket and rush Rodger's?

I know our ends will get pressure, and we usually get a good push in the middle anyway.

Is there a weak spot I don't know about?[/quote]

they haven't had a a real dominate oline plus they've been banged up
    [/quote]So then it's Aaron's quick dumps that's working for them w a weak line. ?

I'm happy our coaches are aiming to exploit every weakness they can find.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I'm happy our coaches are aiming to exploit every weakness they can find.[/quote]</P>

defensive game plan is 1 thing.....making sure we can execute it is another. I don't want our D to find themselves in a situation where we can't get off the field if we can't defend slants and screens or something like that.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What's the theory on Greenbay's offensive line, that we are targeting our defense to attack up the middle to collapse pocket and rush Rodger's? I know our ends will get pressure, and we usually get a good push in the middle anyway. Is there a weak spot I don't know about?[/quote]</P>

weakness of their o-line? dont know enough to tell.
    our defense struggles with gaps.
    We did a good job of defending the run on sunday...kinda....but atlanta was playing from behind, so their ground numbers are deceiving, cuz they werent able to run much.
    with Green Bay, they are going to run even less because they dont really have a run game, i expect us to just blitz with 1 if we do, because we are going to need all the help we can get against the pass.

this is the time of year where losing guys to the IR before the season started KILLS us. if we had another big DT(Austin) and obviously TT, and also Goff....i'd feel much more confident about our defense.
    It's funny to think that with the amount of injuries this year that we got this far!</P>[/quote]We stuffed the run v.s Atlanta extremely well. TT and Goff would be great, but we are doing what we need to right now. If we can have our recent defensive sucess up in GB, it will help us to keep the game low scoring and manageable. Turnovers are going to be critical, we have to win that battle.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I'm happy our coaches are aiming to exploit every weakness they can find.[/quote]</P>

defensive game plan is 1 thing.....making sure we can execute it is another. I don't want our D to find themselves in a situation where we can't get off the field if we can't defend slants and screens or something like that.</P>[/quote]and that's what Rodgers is so great at. Like Brady he will slice and dice his way with the dumps down the field. Our defense has to prepare mentally for not stopping them on every 3rd down and being able to stay on their game and limit yards after the catch to contain this thing. Turnover's , turnover's , turnovers. Green bay turnovers, and not ours.

brb -lunch time.

Just how cold was it outside during the 2007 NFC championship game between the Giants and Packers?

Try minus-25.

“[Coach] Tom [Coughlin]’s face almost fell off, if I remember right,” defensive end Dave Tollefson said Monday, nearly four years later, with the Giants set to take on the Packers at Lambeau Field again.

“As I recall in that one, pre-game I didn’t know if I was gonna get
    back to the locker room,” Coughlin said. “I didn’t have a stocking cap
    on. I was dressed rather lightly, but once you get back into the game, I
    thought the second half was fine.”

(It didn’t look that way, which is why Coughlin laughed after he
    said it. The Giants coach said he won’t be wearing any type of ski mask
    on Sunday. The temperature is expected to be around 20 degrees.

“He wouldn’t wear it anyway,” defensive captain Justin Tuck said. “I am telling you, his face is going to be as purple as, what’s the dinosaur? Barney.”

I think we will move the ball against their defense. Everybody does.</P>

This game will come down to what it always comes down to with us....Can we get to the QB.</P>

If we do, we can disrupt the timing of their scheme,and win the game. If we don't, Rodgers will torch us and we will lose.</P>

I think its as simple as that.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

I think we will move the ball against their defense. Everybody does.</p>

This game will come down to what it always comes down to with us....Can we get to the QB.</p>

If we do, we can disrupt the timing of their scheme,and win the game. If we don't, Rodgers will torch us and we will lose.</p>

I think its as simple as that.</p>[/quote]

thats how the rest of our season is going to go...

can we get to the QB?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread