+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Peyton Manning "will not push back" his $28 million roster bonus and will either stay with the Colts or be released by the Colts.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Per Schefter, the sides are dug in. Owner Jim Irsay isn't going to trade Manning, and Manning won't restructure his contract to allow the Colts to get something in return. The $28 million bonus is due on March 8. Irsay is staunch in his commitment to pay Manning if he's healthy, but he's going to have to receive medical clearance from neck surgery in order to see the money. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

I'm willing to bet Colts change their tune and Manning stays. I'm sure he wants to stay anyway.

Here's the thing that bugs me:
    If the Colts were to cut ties with Peyton for whatever their reasoning is, they are basically saying "Winning isn't our #1 priority right now. Saving money and rebuilding is."
    And that's just not ok.

Same thing goes for Norv Turner not being fired from San Diego. That team is basically telling their fan base "Mediocrity is ok in our playbook"
    How are these things right?!?! lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

It isn't about saving money. Its about being able to field a decent team. There a thing called the salary cap. If they keep Peyton and draft Luck, there will be a minimum of $55MM dedicated to one position. Peyton has a $28MM bonus due that he said he will NOT push back. Thats NOT including his salary. The #1 slot gives a minimum of $15MM. (minimum, probably more this season) We saw all the holes on that team this past season. They will not only lose all or most of their FA's, but they will be unable to sign anyone else to built their team.</P>

They simply have to let Peyton go, or trade out of the #1 position.</P>

It aint about "saving money".</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Peyton Manning "will not push back" his $28 million roster bonus and will either stay with the Colts or be released by the Colts.</p></div>
    <div class="impact">Per Schefter, the sides are dug in. Owner Jim Irsay isn't going to trade Manning, and Manning won't restructure his contract to allow the Colts to get something in return. The $28 million bonus is due on March 8. Irsay is staunch in his commitment to pay Manning if he's healthy, but he's going to have to receive medical clearance from neck surgery in order to see the money. </div>

[/quote]</p>

I'm willing to bet Colts change their tune and Manning stays. I'm sure he wants to stay anyway.

If the Colts were to cut ties with Peyton for whatever their reasoning is, they are basically saying "Winning isn't our #1 priority right now. Saving money and rebuilding is."
    And that's just not ok.

Same thing goes for Norv Turner not being fired from San Diego. That team is basically telling their fan base "Mediocrity is ok in our playbook"
    How are these things right?!?! lol</p>[/quote]

I disagree about Peyton. Colts stance is clear. If he is healthy to play they will keep him, if not they won't. IF hes not going to be able to play and play at his level, then you can't have a player on your team for 2 years, pay him over 50mil and not get production out of him
    [/quote]Yea plus take up cap. Doesnt sound to good for Peyton.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Peyton Manning "will not push back" his $28 million roster bonus and will either stay with the Colts or be released by the Colts.</p></div>
    <div class="impact">Per Schefter, the sides are dug in. Owner Jim Irsay isn't going to trade Manning, and Manning won't restructure his contract to allow the Colts to get something in return. The $28 million bonus is due on March 8. Irsay is staunch in his commitment to pay Manning if he's healthy, but he's going to have to receive medical clearance from neck surgery in order to see the money. </div>

[/quote]</p>

And that's just not ok.

How are these things right?!?! lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

It isn't about saving money. Its about being able to field a decent team. There a thing called the salary cap. If they keep Peyton and draft Luck, there will be a minimum of $55MM dedicated to one position. Peyton has a $28MM bonus due that he said he will NOT push back. Thats NOT including his salary. The #1 slot gives a minimum of $15MM. (minimum, probably more this season) We saw all the holes on that team this past season. They will not only lose all or most of their FA's, but they will be unable to sign anyone else to built their team.</p>

They simply have to let Peyton go, or trade out of the #1 position.</p>

It aint about "saving money".</p>[/quote]

welll in an indirect way it is. Its about having cap space to field the best team as possible. I understand

IF Peyton can't go this yera, the Colts have to move on
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Peyton Manning "will not push back" his $28 million roster bonus and will either stay with the Colts or be released by the Colts.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Per Schefter, the sides are dug in. Owner Jim Irsay isn't going to trade Manning, and Manning won't restructure his contract to allow the Colts to get something in return. The $28 million bonus is due on March 8. Irsay is staunch in his commitment to pay Manning if he's healthy, but he's going to have to receive medical clearance from neck surgery in order to see the money. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

And that's just not ok.

[/quote]

I disagree about Peyton. Colts stance is clear. If he is healthy to play they will keep him, if not they won't. IF hes not going to be able to play and play at his level, then you can't have a player on your team for 2 years, pay him over 50mil and not get production out of him
    [/quote]</P>

ok i can agree with that...HOWEVER!!!!
    Peyton Manning at 65% is better than any other available option right now. Even Andrew Luck.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

[/quote]</P>

And that's just not ok.

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

ok i can agree with that...HOWEVER!!!!
    Peyton Manning at 65% is better than any other available option right now. Even Andrew Luck.</P>[/quote]What is left for Peyton to prove in his illustrious guaranteed hof career? The injury was significant enought to keep him out an entire season. Why mess with it and try to come back?

The colts should offer him a qb coach or related position, draft Luck and let Peyton groom him for the team. That would be the wisest thing for colts to do.

Adjust or not adjust his salary however, you they want based on that. At this point in the game, it's not about money for Peyton.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What is left for Peyton to prove in his illustrious guaranteed hof career? The injury was significant enought to keep him out an entire season. Why mess with it and try to come back? The colts should offer him a qb coach or related position, draft Luck and let Peyton groom him for the team. That would be the wisest thing for colts to do. Adjust or not adjust his salary however, you they want based on that. At this point in the game, it's not about money for Peyton.[/quote]</P>

offer him a coaching gig? no effin way dude. it's peyton manning. not only WILL he play, but anyone in the league would kill for him. AND he'll make you pay for it by letting him go.
    This isnt a 42 year old Brett Favre we're talking about.
    Anything less than making sure Peyton is healthy enough to go, is BLATANT DISRESPECT for the guy who MADE your franchise relevant for the first time since Unitas and the baltimore Colts.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I think the giants are running their mouths little to much.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What is left for Peyton to prove in his illustrious guaranteed hof career? The injury was significant enought to keep him out an entire season. Why mess with it and try to come back? The colts should offer him a qb coach or related position, draft Luck and let Peyton groom him for the team. That would be the wisest thing for colts to do. Adjust or not adjust his salary however, you they want based on that. At this point in the game, it's not about money for Peyton.[/quote]</P>

offer him a coaching gig? no effin way dude. it's peyton manning. not only WILL he play, but anyone in the league would kill for him. AND he'll make you pay for it by letting him go.
    This isnt a 42 year old Brett Favre we're talking about.
    Anything less than making sure Peyton is healthy enough to go, is BLATANT DISRESPECT for the guy who MADE your franchise relevant for the first time since Unitas and the baltimore Colts.</P>[/quote]I respect the fact that it's Peyton, but his career is not going to last forever. This season showed his immense value to the Colt's team. He is clearly the mvp of that team. It simply does not function without him.

Maybe he plays another couple of seasons for the colts, but it seems the Colts would just be delaying the inevitable by not putting something in place for his departure.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

[/quote]</p>

And that's just not ok.

How are these things right?!?! lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

It isn't about saving money. Its about being able to field a decent team. There a thing called the salary cap. If they keep Peyton and draft Luck, there will be a minimum of $55MM dedicated to one position. Peyton has a $28MM bonus due that he said he will NOT push back. Thats NOT including his salary. The #1 slot gives a minimum of $15MM. (minimum, probably more this season) We saw all the holes on that team this past season. They will not only lose all or most of their FA's, but they will be unable to sign anyone else to built their team.</p>

They simply have to let Peyton go, or trade out of the #1 position.</p>

It aint about "saving money".</p>[/quote]
    One thing we know for sure whether he is playing or not is that Matt will draft him early.

[quote user="dezzzR"]I think the giants are running their mouths little to much.[/quote]
    What's new?

+ Reply to Thread