Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]spags......you broke my heart again.....[/quote]</P>

why? what were you expecting to happen with him?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"]spags......you broke my heart again.....[/quote]

u kidding?

what a perfect scenerio

maybe Coughlin retires after next year, we hire him back and hes not in philly

i can live with the saints being good - but if he went to philly i would of cried
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]spags......you broke my heart again.....[/quote]</P>

why? what were you expecting to happen with him?</P>[/quote]for him to come home to welcoming arms.

In Reese We Trust
    ?Hakeem Nicks rolled his ankle in practice today but Coughlin says Nicks will be fine

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

I wrote about some takeaways after re-watching the first Giants-49ers game on Thursday. The post got so long, I broke it into two parts.</p>

Hereís what we learned from the first matchup when New York had the ball:</p>

1. The 49ers mostly double teamed Hakeem Nicks, which left Victor Cruz in single coverage against Carlos Rogers and Mario Manningham matched up against rookie cornerback Chris Culliver.</p>

Yes, Rogers picked off Manning twice and won some battles. But this
    is a matchup the 49ers have to be worried about. Cruz beat Rogers badly a
    handful of times. Sometimes heíd have three steps on Rogers.</p>

2. Culliver may be a target for the Giants offense. The rookie is a
    physical player that has held up very well his season overall, but he
    got a lot of attention from the Saints last week and Manningham had
    success against him in Week 10. There were two near misses to Manningham
    that would have tied the game.</p>

3. The 49ers didnít blitz a lot in the first game. When they did blitz, Eli Manning made them pay.</p>

4. Manning is so much better with pressure in his face than he was
    early in his career. Maybe you can teach pocket presence. He made a
    number of gorgeous throws into small windows with a defender coming
    right at him. The 49ers will have to take their chances he canít do that
    again.</p>

<span id="more-180753"></span></p>

5. Even though Manning played very well overall, the difference
    overall was his two interceptions. One came on apparent miscommunication
    with Manningham when the receiver stopped his route. These are the
    types of mistakes Mannning has mostly avoided this season. The 49ers are
    the leagueís best at forcing turnovers.</p>

6. Right tackle Kareem McKenzie is a big problem for the Giants. He is going to struggle to hold up on passing downs against Aldon Smith. It got ugly a few times in the first matchup.</p>

The Giants tackles in general might be the weak spot of this team. If McKenzie holds up and David Diehl and the Giants guards can battle Justin Smith,
    the Giants have a good chance. I have my doubts they will hold up. It
    wouldnít surprise me if the 49ers defense made the Giants offensive line
    look awful. Both of the tackles could get overmatched.</p>

7. The Giants had some success running early against the 49ers, but it didnít last. Ahmad Bradshaw
    missed the last game. Itís a lot harder to run outside against the fast
    49ers linebackers, but using Bradshaw on some inside runs is a better
    idea that rolling with Brandon Jacobs too much.</p>

8. The 49ers defense is the best in the league at tackling. They
    wonít allow yards after the catch like the Packers did last week. Dashon Goldson has great range and can make Manning pay for any lazy throws.</p>

9. Jake Ballard beat Patrick Willis a few times in the first game. If that happens often, the 49ers are in trouble. I would not expect it to happen often.</p>

10. Manning isnít thought of as a ďgunslingerĒ but no quarterback
    tries (and completes) more difficult throws than him. I donít trust his
    protection on the outside, so thatís what this game may come down to.
    Manning will have to be special.</p>

The 49ers will make Manning have to play at a very high level to beat them.</p>[/quote]

thats the way it was all year with Nicks, until the playoffs. Then they've decided they want to try and take Cruz away.

I forgot what the first pick was, but the second one was just Eli misreading the play. Could of just been bad luck time wise too..

I hate that knock on Eli. I think he just alwyas tried to make the play. He just has better trust, faith, and talent in his WRs now. Its making the difference.

Hard to say that onside kick wasn't a major game changer as well. It might as well of been another interception.

We need our OLine to be beasts this week. Bradshaw should actually make a huge difference for us. He'll make our oline look better because hes naturally our best back and he can keep the defense balanced because he can pass block, run, and catch.

They are also big hitters, which means they are vulnerable to big plays when those safteys come up to make the pop. We have to hold onto the ball and be quick. Can't dance.

I love Patrick Willis, but I think his pass coverage skills are a bit overrated.

I don't give a **** what anybody says, Eli defines gunslinger and always has.

Thats the only level Eli knows
    [/quote]
    I watched the whole game again last night on NFL Replay. What a great show that is.

Eli started the game 10/10. We moved the ball at will on them. We just couldn't score TD's, we should have had 14 points in the first quarter instead of 6. When Boley went out our D got ALOT worse. The TD to Davis was on Williams. Then Kendall Hunter ran right through our D. Pretty sure the first pick the WR fell down but on the 2nd one Manningham stopped his route. Akers made some long FG's as well. The ****ty field should neutralize him somewhat. Eli was making some amazing throws. One to Manningham on the sideline in particular. It would have fit through a shoe box. They tried to safety blitz on the Nicks TD but they didn't get there in time. Ballard was abusing the LB's. Seemed like everyone was open. Our D feel apart in the 2nd half and we didn't capitalize on anything. We HAVE to score TD's when we get close. That is the most important part of the game. We should have won that game 5 times over and we will win this time. STILL had a chance at the end of the game and if Mario catches that TD we are tied with 3 minutes left.

</P>

</P>

This is real guys. </P>

Can this game come any sooner. </P>

Anyone who has twitter post this to all the Giant players. </P>

It's on now...</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="dezzzR"]In Reese We Trust
    ?Hakeem Nicks rolled his ankle in practice today but Coughlin says Nicks will be fine[/quote]

i hate saying it, cuz the two reall6y have nothing to do wtih each other

but this is eerily similiar to 07. Plax had an ankle thing too lol

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

I wrote about some takeaways after re-watching the first Giants-49ers game on Thursday. The post got so long, I broke it into two parts.</p>

1. The 49ers mostly double teamed Hakeem Nicks, which left Victor Cruz in single coverage against Carlos Rogers and Mario Manningham matched up against rookie cornerback Chris Culliver.</p>

3. The 49ers didnít blitz a lot in the first game. When they did blitz, Eli Manning made them pay.</p>

again.</p>

6. Right tackle Kareem McKenzie is a big problem for the Giants. He is going to struggle to hold up on passing downs against Aldon Smith. It got ugly a few times in the first matchup.</p>

The Giants tackles in general might be the weak spot of this team. If McKenzie holds up and David Diehl and the Giants guards can battle Justin Smith,
    look awful. Both of the tackles could get overmatched.</p>

7. The Giants had some success running early against the 49ers, but it didnít last. Ahmad Bradshaw

wonít allow yards after the catch like the Packers did last week. Dashon Goldson has great range and can make Manning pay for any lazy throws.</p>

9. Jake Ballard beat Patrick Willis a few times in the first game. If that happens often, the 49ers are in trouble. I would not expect it to happen often.</p>

The 49ers will make Manning have to play at a very high level to beat them.</p>[/quote]

thats the way it was all year with Nicks, until the playoffs. Then they've decided they want to try and take Cruz away.

I forgot what the first pick was, but the second one was just Eli misreading the play. Could of just been bad luck time wise too..

I hate that knock on Eli. I think he just alwyas tried to make the play. He just has better trust, faith, and talent in his WRs now. Its making the difference.

Hard to say that onside kick wasn't a major game changer as well. It might as well of been another interception.

We need our OLine to be beasts this week. Bradshaw should actually make a huge difference for us. He'll make our oline look better because hes naturally our best back and he can keep the defense balanced because he can pass block, run, and catch.

They are also big hitters, which means they are vulnerable to big plays when those safteys come up to make the pop. We have to hold onto the ball and be quick. Can't dance.

I love Patrick Willis, but I think his pass coverage skills are a bit overrated.

[/quote]
    I watched the whole game again last night on NFL Replay. What a great show that is.

Eli started the game 10/10. We moved the ball at will on them. We just couldn't score TD's, we should have had 14 points in the first quarter instead of 6. When Boley went out our D got ALOT worse. The TD to Davis was on Williams. Then Kendall Hunter ran right through our D. Pretty sure the first pick the WR fell down but on the 2nd one Manningham stopped his route. Akers made some long FG's as well. The ****ty field should neutralize him somewhat. Eli was making some amazing throws. One to Manningham on the sideline in particular. It would have fit through a shoe box. They tried to safety blitz on the Nicks TD but they didn't get there in time. Ballard was abusing the LB's. Seemed like everyone was open. Our D feel apart in the 2nd half and we didn't capitalize on anything. We HAVE to score TD's when we get close. That is the most important part of the game. We should have won that game 5 times over and we will win this time. STILL had a chance at the end of the game and if Mario catches that TD we are tied with 3 minutes left.
    [/quote]

Yea Boley out and the fact that we were still dancing with LBers in the middle. Can u guys believe how great Blackburn has been for us? Its really crazy

The thing about how we moved the ball on them, its true, but its not coincidence that we didn't get in. Thats what they do. Also keep in mind, we're not the only team who elevates our play in the playoffs, u have to think that the ywill be foaming at the mouth. I think w eshould win, but we can't over lok em.

Na, that wasn't on Manningham. I got into a debate all day long about that and i went and watched it. Eli missed the sight adjustment on the route. He Mario was wide open, Eli threw it in the middle of 4 defenders.

Eli makes everybody pay when the yblitz. Im just scared about those short underneath routes with those safteys. They can bring the pain.

Tell me again how Eli isnt' a gunslinger

Tom Coughlin will be on WFAN Sports Radio 66 with Mike Francesa today at 3:30pm.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

again.</p>

look awful. *Both of the tackles could get overmatched.</p>

They are also big hitters, which means they are vulnerable to big plays when those safteys come up to make the pop.* We have to hold onto the ball and be quick. Can't dance.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea Boley out and the fact that we were still dancing with LBers in the middle. Can u guys believe how great Blackburn has been for us? Its really crazy

The thing about how we moved the ball on them, its true, but its not coincidence that we didn't get in. Thats what they do.* Also keep in mind, we're not the only team who elevates our play in the playoffs, u have to think that the ywill be foaming at the mouth. I think w eshould win, but we can't over lok em.

Na, that wasn't on Manningham. I got into a debate all day long about that and i went and watched it. Eli missed the sight adjustment on the route. He Mario was wide open, Eli threw it in the middle of 4 defenders.

Eli makes everybody pay when the yblitz. Im just scared about those short underneath routes with those safteys. They can bring the pain.

Tell me again how Eli isnt' a gunslinger

[/quote]Blackburn has channeled his inner antonio pierce. Hes been great lining everyone up before plays. Hes getting great penetration against the run. I have always loved him. He was an absolute animal on special teams a few years back, getting every special teams player jacked up for kick offs. Hes out to prove himself.

+ Reply to Thread