+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]For the record....not that MH respects my opinion or anything....but i basically disagree with everything he says about Eli. lol
    I mean, i think we all agree this year was amazing, but Eli hasn't changed. He has the tools to get it done, and it shows.

I like where the team is going in terms of figuring out what we need. Clearly they have been trying to rebuild this O-line, and i think that's the way we go in the draft this year. We got quite a few years left of this team staying top tier talent![/quote]Morehead has been right about one thing, Eli has been more patient in the pocket. Other than that I think Elis been playing like he always has but this year the wrs are really gelling with him. Its really been exciting to watch. Other than Tikis insane year this is the greatest offensive performance Iv ever seen from this team. Gives me goosebumps.

[quote user="dezzzR"]The writer isnt saying we run a run and shoot offense though. Hes saying we take parts and pieces from the scheme, like the wrs routes. And thats nonsense, Iv seen plenty of crossing patterns this year. PLENTY, thats where many of those big tds come from. Like nicks against Atlanta (ran past 4 guys in the middle) and greenbay when he bounced off a defender and was gone. I think its very clear that Gilbride has taken some parts from the run and shoot and incorporated them into OUR system.
    [/quote]</P>

WAIT!! So youre saying that Kevin Gilbride, the guy that ran the Oilers offense using the run and shoot....might actually use pieces of thatwith the team he coaches now?!
    **** YOU DEZZ, YOURE CRAZY!!!!</P>

lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]For the record....not that MH respects my opinion or anything....but i basically disagree with everything he says about Eli. lol
    I mean, i think we all agree this year was amazing, but Eli hasn't changed. He has the tools to get it done, and it shows.

I like where the team is going in terms of figuring out what we need. Clearly they have been trying to rebuild this O-line, and i think that's the way we go in the draft this year. We got quite a few years left of this team staying top tier talent![/quote]

well I don't want to say he hasn't changed because I do think hes gotten better. I think he gets better ever year.

I think his pocket presence has increased, but i don't think its just that: ELIS POCKET PRESENCE HAS DRAMATICALLY INCREASED BECAUSE HES BETTER NOW. Personally I think it has to do wtih the line. I think Eli had a better line every year compared to this year and maybe had too much confidence in him. This year he knows theres going to be leaks so hes more willing to move back there and he has picked his awareness up.

Also the whole Eli throws scared and off his back foot thing is the most inconsistent argument about him ever. He still does it when he has to when hes about to get hit. Moorehead had no problem with it this year because those balls got there and were completed, which totally goes against his "watching the player" stance he takes.

I think personally eli stats last year didn't represent the kind of year he had. This year i'm not in agreement that Eli's play is the reaosn we are in the superbowl. I mean, he did win some games for us, but it was simiilar play that we've gotten out of him the past 2 years. The biggest difference was that the defense woke up in the very last minute this year and thats been the difference for us. Our offense has been pretty consistant, big play high scoring, high turnovers. Although this year I think the RBs deserve credit for not spitting the bit
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

btw, that article said we were a wild card team &gt;.&lt; whoops.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

My lovely bride and I had dinner with Lomas Brown last night at Carbone's in Hartford last night. (BTW..one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at) I finally asked him about Steve's. He looked at me very puzzled and then he said...."wait a minute...Is it kind of a dump?".. I said.."Thats the place". Evidentally his O line coach took him there once. "Kind of a dump!!" I loved it.</p>

Also,</p>

Lomas wants to start a radio show with Good Ol' Morehead. Maybe at ESPN. He likes my idea of having a fans perspective instead of ex players and other talking heads.</p>

"Lomas and Morehead"........ Fanfriggintastic!!!</p>

We were talking about starting at tailgate parties at the stadium. </p>

[/quote]</p>

sounds fun. i'd like to be a special guest, where I just dispute everything you say =]</p>

[/quote]</p>

Meyerbud has to be our first guest.</p>

[/quote]

I am flattered, but ur too good of a friend to dookie on you on national TV

[/quote]</p>

In a battle of wits with Morehead....You are unarmed.</p>

[/quote]

if its a battle of wits, my sarcasm scope already has a red dot on your head
    [/quote]</p>

But you have no bullets.</p>

I think Lomas was especially impressed with the opinions that we share that Eli has improved substantially this season, and that the Giants don't play an offense that resembles the run and shoot in any way.</p>

Oh Yeah.....And that Steve's is a dump.</p>

Hahahahhahahhaha!!!!!</p>

[/quote]

Kevin Gilbride designed this offense coming out of being "THEE" run and shoot guy. Plenty of significant characteristics from the run and shoot.

Although one thing I will say, over the past year or so we have using the multi motions as much. It use to be EVERY play we had like 5 guys moving.

like I said we have a balanced/hybrid run and shoot game
    [/quote]</p>

I'll arrange a meeting with the guy who disagrees with you completely AND who played in the run and shoot for many, many years.</p>

Its that kind of comment that makes me want you on our show.</p>

[/quote]

thats fine, i'd love to debate it with him

i just love the fact that you really think your going to get a show lol
    [/quote]</p>

Lomas was more pumped up than I was. He knows talent when he sees it. He said he knows people who can develop it. </p>

Maybe you should get my autographnow before I'm too big to give you the time of day.</p>

[/quote]

Pappy mickey'd his drink

I WISH he could of been here to see how you morph EVERYTHING about Eli. Your more inconsistent than Mark Sanchez
    [/quote]</p>

I told him exactly what I told you at the Buffalo game. Eli is a much better player this season. He and essentially every other person other than you who has seen him play agrees with me.</p>

[/quote]

and like i've told you countless times

Eli progresses EVERY year, that is nothing new. The degree that you THINK hes improved really isn't realistic.

Alot of things you ragged on him for last season, he still does this year. Your just judging off of the end result of the play and not the player himself - regardless of what u say.

He still throws into crowds like he did last year, you use to CONSTANTLY ***** about that. I pointed out how he gets balls into sick windows.

We talked about a comfort level of WRs being onthe same page and seeing the same thing eli says, your response: your an eli homer.

Throwing off his back foot? Stop it pappy, it still happens.

High interception rate? Its CONSTANT in a Kevin Gilbride offense (because the passing game is based around the run n shoot). He still had 16 INTs this year. Take away the god awful tipped INTs last year and he would of been on par with the same type of ACCURACY performance.

Not only that, this year he has Victor Cruz who is making his performance look EVEN BETTER than it actually is. Cruz has completely opened up the whole offense and has turned small plays into huge plays...

Sorry pappy, everybody that has witnessed our debates knows your wrong. But on the bright side, because of that argument I do believe your a perfect fit for ESPN. You can't admit your wrong, backtrack and sidetrack to just take the heat off yourself, and everything you base your opinion on is stats and not actually watching the game

I &lt;3 U
    [/quote]</p>

Getting you to type thisranting post is all the validation I need. You have become Daven.</p>

</p>

</p>

<font size="4">I am the puppetmaster.</font></p>

</p>

<font size="5">Dance Meyerbud!!!!!!!</font></p>

[/quote]

school is in session old man, take notes
    [/quote]</p>

Matt,</p>

A guy who played in the run and shoot says that the Giants offense is nothing like it.</p>

By your logic, you could say that almost every team plays a version of the run and shoot. You do not know of what you speak.</p>[/quote]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]For the record....not that MH respects my opinion or anything....but i basically disagree with everything he says about Eli. lol

I like where the team is going in terms of figuring out what we need. Clearly they have been trying to rebuild this O-line, and i think that's the way we go in the draft this year. We got quite a few years left of this team staying top tier talent![/quote]Morehead has been right about one thing, Eli has been more patient in the pocket. Other than that I think Elis been playing like he always has but this year the wrs are really gelling with him. Its really been exciting to watch. Other than Tikis insane year this is the greatest offensive performance Iv ever seen from this team. Gives me goosebumps.
    [/quote]

its a difference of comfort and being on the same page with the WRs....

I don't think hes been more patient, if anything I think he use to be TOO patient

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]The writer isnt saying we run a run and shoot offense though. Hes saying we take parts and pieces from the scheme, like the wrs routes. And thats nonsense, Iv seen plenty of crossing patterns this year. PLENTY, thats where many of those big tds come from. Like nicks against Atlanta (ran past 4 guys in the middle) and greenbay when he bounced off a defender and was gone. I think its very clear that Gilbride has taken some parts from the run and shoot and incorporated them into OUR system.
    [/quote]</p>

WAIT!! So youre saying that Kevin Gilbride, the guy that ran the Oilers offense using the run and shoot....might actually use pieces of thatwith the team he coaches now?!
    **** YOU DEZZ, YOURE CRAZY!!!!</p>

lol</p>[/quote]

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_and_shoot_offense

sorry but this basically describes our personnell

4 wide receivers is a misconception. Your forgetting that slotbacks were a big part of the offense... which Travin Beckum defines by the way (and u guys know I hate him).

If your suggesting that Mouse Davis AND Kevin Gilbride ran their run and shoot the same exact way. Tim Hasselback has said on NFL Live before that he was with Gilbride and he helped create the philosophies of the offense and that their passing game is completely based out of the run and shoot

<h3><span class="mw-headline" id="Key_concepts">Key concepts</span></h3>

The following concepts are key to understanding the Run &amp; Shoot:
    </p>
    <ul>[*]Throw to the open receiver. This is fairly obvious but if the
    receiver is open, the quarterback must recognize the coverage and find
    him in time to get him the ball.[*]If the QB reads 5 or less in the box, run the football. This
    means that traditional defensive formations using a 3-4 or 4-3 front
    will have moved 2 defenders outside of the "box" for coverage help. The
    "box" is the area about a yard outside of the tight end or offensive
    tackle on one side of the line to the other offensive tackle/tight end
    on the other side of the line and about 5 yards beyond the line of
    scrimmage.[*]Use motion and formations to spread the defense out and
    anticipate what the defense is going to do. If one uses motion and the
    defensive back follows the motioning receiver, they are probably playing
    man coverage or blitzing. If no defensive back follows the motion receiver, then they are probably playing zone defense.[/list]

</p>

---</p>

</p>

i'll own u on this all day ol man
    </p>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

</P>

i'll own u on this all day ol man
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

you assume that he'd admit it and back down....but you know its not the case, so.......yea...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread