+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Well everybody, Morehead is leaving for St. Croix early tomorrow morning. I'll be back late Saturday night in time to mentally prepare for the game.</P>

Matt.....Keep thinking that since the Giants use motion in their offense, it makes them a run and shoot hybrid. Its a run and Shoot league Matt, and we're just living in it. Hahahahahahahaha!!!</P>

</P>

If you do want to make an actual case, please cite examples of what specifically the Giants do that other teams don't, that are characteristics of the Run and Shoot. I will be interested in reviewing those examples when I get back.</P>

Oh....I loved the Travis Beckhum reference. He's a huge part of our offense. Hahahahaha!!!</P>

Stay beautifully misguided. I wouldn't have it any other way.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    <h3><span id="Key_concepts" class="mw-headline">Key concepts</span></h3>

The following concepts are key to understanding the Run &amp; Shoot:
    </p>
    <ul>[*]Throw to the open receiver. This is fairly obvious but if the receiver is open, the quarterback must recognize the coverage and find him in time to get him the ball. [*]If the QB reads 5 or less in the box, run the football. This means that traditional defensive formations using a 3-4 or 4-3 front will have moved 2 defenders outside of the "box" for coverage help. The "box" is the area about a yard outside of the tight end or offensive tackle on one side of the line to the other offensive tackle/tight end on the other side of the line and about 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. [*]Use motion and formations to spread the defense out and anticipate what the defense is going to do. If one uses motion and the defensive back follows the motioning receiver, they are probably playing man coverage or blitzing. If no defensive back follows the motion receiver, then they are probably playing zone defense.[/list]

</p>

---</p>

</p>

i'll own u on this all day ol man
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

You just described every offense in the NFL.</p>

The Giants try to throw to the open receiver, they use motion to read zone or man to man and if the defense moves out of the box they will audible to a running play. This is offense 101.</p>

You are absolutely nuts. You have no idea what the Run and Shoot is!!!</p>

There are no TE's so as to flood the zone with WR's. I repeat, there are NO TE's. Lomas said when they got rid of the R &amp; S the first thing they had to do was draft or sign TE's because there were none on the roster.</p>[/quote]So just because Gilbride/TC plugged in a tightend its not a run and shot anymore? Can you at least admit that certain aspects of the scheme have been incorporated into our current scheme?

All-Pro

Today's football is the evolution of all that's come to pass...imho... there is no reason not to believe that the giants, play some sort ofhybrid run and shoot that involvesTE's....While I don't really care one way or the other I don't find it tofar fetched, given our OC's history with it.....there has to be some residue I would think...Dare I say onlyGilbride knows for sure butwhat a novel idea tothrow to the open wr.....</P>

how many more days!?!?</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Well everybody, Morehead is leaving for St. Croix early tomorrow morning. I'll be back late Saturday night in time to mentally prepare for the game.</p>

Matt.....Keep thinking that since the Giants use motion in their offense, it makes them a run and shoot hybrid. Its a run and Shoot league Matt, and we're just living in it. Hahahahahahahaha!!!</p>

</p>

<u>If you do want to make an actual case, please cite examples of what specifically the Giants do that other teams don't</u>, that are characteristics of the Run and Shoot. I will be interested in reviewing those examples when I get back.</p>

Oh....I loved the Travis Beckhum reference. He's a huge part of our offense. Hahahahaha!!!</p>

Stay beautifully misguided. I wouldn't have it any other way.</p>[/quote]Other teams use the wr route packages that started with the run and shoot
    beckum might not be a huge part of our offense but ballard has been very solid when healthy. And isnt that going against your own point?

[quote user="byron"]

Today's football is the evolution of all that's come to pass...imho... there is no reason not to believe that the giants, play some sort ofhybrid run and shoot that involvesTE's....While I don't really care one way or the other I don't find it tofar fetched, given our OC's history with it.....there has to be some residue I would think...Dare I say onlyGilbride knows for sure butwhat a novel idea tothrow to the open wr.....</p>

how many more days!?!?</p>[/quote]Exactly, Gilbrides ran it for a long time, obviously his style is going to evolve.

[quote user="byron"]

butwhat a novel idea tothrow to the open wr.....</P>

[/quote]</P>

AHAHAHAHA....i read this and laughed for like a good 30 seconds lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

On Reddit today, someone posted this picture and said:
    "Just got my tickets for my seats at the Super Bowl!! I'm SO AMPED!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/HTTPA.jpg</P>

lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Eye-Off-Ball/dp/1600786170

just ordered it. can't wait for it to come

everybody that has read it said its a ****in awesome read.

(i suggest pappy reads it as well)
    [/quote]
    Eli is about to rewrite this one...

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Eye-Off-Ball/dp/1600786170

[/quote]That actually sounds really cool. I watch the games as they are and try to gauge play off of the ball, but its tougher to do live rather than on the replay
    [/quote]

it really is nearly impossible. I can't wait to read this. I hear so much good **** about it

i'll let u know how it turns out
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Eye-Off-Ball/dp/1600786170

[/quote]</p>

hmm...interesting. I accuse myself of it all the time. it's why im never able to gauge the performance of our o-line, or our LBs....
    Im intrigued.</p>[/quote]

yea its hard not to do. You usually need to catch a game twice. Once to naturally watch it and then 2nd time to break it down, imo
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread