+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    <h3><span id="Key_concepts" class="mw-headline">Key concepts</span></h3>

The following concepts are key to understanding the Run &amp; Shoot:
    </p>
    <ul>[*]Throw to the open receiver. This is fairly obvious but if the receiver is open, the quarterback must recognize the coverage and find him in time to get him the ball. [*]If the QB reads 5 or less in the box, run the football. This means that traditional defensive formations using a 3-4 or 4-3 front will have moved 2 defenders outside of the "box" for coverage help. The "box" is the area about a yard outside of the tight end or offensive tackle on one side of the line to the other offensive tackle/tight end on the other side of the line and about 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. [*]Use motion and formations to spread the defense out and anticipate what the defense is going to do. If one uses motion and the defensive back follows the motioning receiver, they are probably playing man coverage or blitzing. If no defensive back follows the motion receiver, then they are probably playing zone defense.[/list]

</p>

---</p>

</p>

i'll own u on this all day ol man
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

You just described every offense in the NFL.</p>

The Giants try to throw to the open receiver, they use motion to read zone or man to man and if the defense moves out of the box they will audible to a running play. This is offense 101.</p>

You are absolutely nuts. You have no idea what the Run and Shoot is!!!</p>

There are no TE's so as to flood the zone with WR's. I repeat, there are NO TE's. Lomas said when they got rid of the R &amp; S the first thing they had to do was draft or sign TE's because there were none on the roster.</p>

[/quote]

exactly why i would call it a hybrid Run and shoot.

cuz we've incorporated the TE into the offense. Now back then, the TEs weren't ilke this. Today's "RECEIVING TIGHT ENDS" would of definitly been classified as UPBACKS that would of absolutely fit into the traditional run and shoot. I would be amazed if u'd disagree with that

And while everybody DOES run option routes, nobody bases their whole passing game on it like we do - which is basically the biggest part of the run and shoot that carried over. And don't worry i'm waiting for a response to completely end your argument
    [/quote]</p>

Option routes came as an answer to the complexities of defenses in recent years. They are absolutely necessary for a passing game to work. </p>

You have no idea how wide open and fast paced the run and shoot was. Watch some of these college teams use it with their huge O line splits. Or watch film of Jeff George or warren Moon run it. This system does NOT translate well to the NFL anymore at all.</p>

It has no resemblance to what the Giants do. (Oh I forgot..they do use 11 players just like the R &amp; S, I forgot)</p>

[/quote]

Option routes was a concept originated from the run and shoot style (like the article says). Please name me another team that relies on it to the degree that we do. ITS OUR WHOLE PASSING OFFENSE

I said its a hybrid run and shoot. Which means we took alot of concepts from it and applied it to our offense, which is true...

still waiting to hear your upbacks response and I was making this argument WAYYY before I went to wiki. Where else would u like me to quote things from the run and shoot?

Your pretty much denying all facts involved just because it doesn't agree with you.
    [/quote]</p>

I have no idea what they are referring to as an "upback". It appears neither do you.</p>

And to say it our "whole offense" is silly. We make sight adjustments to enhance our offense, not to throw more picks.</p>

Are there sight adjustments? Yes. Just like every other team. It didn't make Eli throw 25 picks last year as you claimed.</p>[/quote]

actually, i do...

if u watched the past few weeks with the Pats, they way they've used Keith Hernandez

The position that Cooley has been known to play...

i guess its just ironic that we base our whole pasisng offense on sight adjustment and that everytime Gilbride has run has had a high interception rate...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

This threadalways struggleswithout you and I.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    <H3><SPAN id=Key_concepts class=mw-headline>Key concepts</SPAN></H3>

</P>
    <UL>
    <LI>Throw to the open receiver. This is fairly obvious but if the receiver is open, the quarterback must recognize the coverage and find him in time to get him the ball.
    <LI>If the QB reads 5 or less in the box, run the football. This means that traditional defensive formations using a 3-4 or 4-3 front will have moved 2 defenders outside of the "box" for coverage help. The "box" is the area about a yard outside of the tight end or offensive tackle on one side of the line to the other offensive tackle/tight end on the other side of the line and about 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.
    <LI>Use motion and formations to spread the defense out and anticipate what the defense is going to do. If one uses motion and the defensive back follows the motioning receiver, they are probably playing man coverage or blitzing. If no defensive back follows the motion receiver, then they are probably playing zone defense.</LI>[/list]

</P>

---</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

You just described every offense in the NFL.</P>

The Giants try to throw to the open receiver, they use motion to read zone or man to man and if the defense moves out of the box they will audible to a running play. This is offense 101.</P>

You are absolutely nuts. You have no idea what the Run and Shoot is!!!</P>

There are no TE's so as to flood the zone with WR's. I repeat, there are NO TE's. Lomas said when they got rid of the R &amp; S the first thing they had to do was draft or sign TE's because there were none on the roster.</P>

[/quote]

cuz we've incorporated the TE into the offense. Now back then, the TEs weren't ilke this. Today's "RECEIVING TIGHT ENDS" would of definitly been classified as UPBACKS that would of absolutely fit into the traditional run and shoot. I would be amazed if u'd disagree with that

And while everybody DOES run option routes, nobody bases their whole passing game on it like we do - which is basically the biggest part of the run and shoot that carried over. And don't worry i'm waiting for a response to completely end your argument
    [/quote]</P>

Option routes came as an answer to the complexities of defenses in recent years. They are absolutely necessary for a passing game to work. </P>

You have no idea how wide open and fast paced the run and shoot was. Watch some of these college teams use it with their huge O line splits. Or watch film of Jeff George or warren Moon run it. This system does NOT translate well to the NFL anymore at all.</P>

It has no resemblance to what the Giants do. (Oh I forgot..they do use 11 players just like the R &amp; S, I forgot)</P>

[/quote]

Option routes was a concept originated from the run and shoot style (like the article says). Please name me another team that relies on it to the degree that we do. ITS OUR WHOLE PASSING OFFENSE

I said its a hybrid run and shoot. Which means we took alot of concepts from it and applied it to our offense, which is true...

still waiting to hear your upbacks response and I was making this argument WAYYY before I went to wiki. Where else would u like me to quote things from the run and shoot?

Your pretty much denying all facts involved just because it doesn't agree with you.
    [/quote]</P>

I have no idea what they are referring to as an "upback". It appears neither do you.</P>

And to say it our "whole offense" is silly. We make sight adjustments to enhance our offense, not to throw more picks.</P>

Are there sight adjustments? Yes. Just like every other team. It didn't make Eli throw 25 picks last year as you claimed.</P>

[/quote]

actually, i do...

if u watched the past few weeks with the Pats, they way they've used Keith Hernandez

i guess its just ironic that we base our whole pasisng offense on sight adjustment and that everytime Gilbride has run has had a high interception rate...

[/quote]</P>

And how many picks does Tom Brady throw in that system?</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

And I don't expect you to quote any source. I expect that since you have such a strong view, you should have seen it in use extensively, understand what you have seen, and then apply it to the Giants offense. I'm getting none of that. I'm getting wiki references. That great source of NFL knowledge.</p>

The fact that you are reading about it demonstrates that you don't have any idea how it works.</p>[/quote]

well once common sense wouldn't get through to you, i had to pull references

my point has been made and its right

yours, as usual, is offbase

enjoy vacation

[quote user="Morehead State"]This threadalways struggleswithout you and I.[/quote]

lol u did get me going today, i'll admit it

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    <h3><span id="Key_concepts" class="mw-headline">Key concepts</span></h3>

</p>
    <ul>[*]Throw to the open receiver. This is fairly obvious but if the receiver is open, the quarterback must recognize the coverage and find him in time to get him the ball. [*]If the QB reads 5 or less in the box, run the football. This means that traditional defensive formations using a 3-4 or 4-3 front will have moved 2 defenders outside of the "box" for coverage help. The "box" is the area about a yard outside of the tight end or offensive tackle on one side of the line to the other offensive tackle/tight end on the other side of the line and about 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. [*]Use motion and formations to spread the defense out and anticipate what the defense is going to do. If one uses motion and the defensive back follows the motioning receiver, they are probably playing man coverage or blitzing. If no defensive back follows the motion receiver, then they are probably playing zone defense.[/list]

</p>

---</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

You just described every offense in the NFL.</p>

The Giants try to throw to the open receiver, they use motion to read zone or man to man and if the defense moves out of the box they will audible to a running play. This is offense 101.</p>

You are absolutely nuts. You have no idea what the Run and Shoot is!!!</p>

There are no TE's so as to flood the zone with WR's. I repeat, there are NO TE's. Lomas said when they got rid of the R &amp; S the first thing they had to do was draft or sign TE's because there were none on the roster.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Option routes came as an answer to the complexities of defenses in recent years. They are absolutely necessary for a passing game to work. </p>

You have no idea how wide open and fast paced the run and shoot was. Watch some of these college teams use it with their huge O line splits. Or watch film of Jeff George or warren Moon run it. This system does NOT translate well to the NFL anymore at all.</p>

It has no resemblance to what the Giants do. (Oh I forgot..they do use 11 players just like the R &amp; S, I forgot)</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I have no idea what they are referring to as an "upback". It appears neither do you.</p>

And to say it our "whole offense" is silly. We make sight adjustments to enhance our offense, not to throw more picks.</p>

Are there sight adjustments? Yes. Just like every other team. It didn't make Eli throw 25 picks last year as you claimed.</p>

[/quote]

actually, i do...

[/quote]</p>

And how many picks does Tom Brady throw in that system?</p>[/quote]

i would say the closest thing that the pats run is the west coast with the dink and dunks

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And I don't expect you to quote any source. I expect that since you have such a strong view, you should have seen it in use extensively, understand what you have seen, and then apply it to the Giants offense. I'm getting none of that. I'm getting wiki references. That great source of NFL knowledge.</P>

The fact that you are reading about it demonstrates that you don't have any idea how it works.</P>

[/quote]

enjoy vacation
    [/quote]</P>

You've ruined it. *******!</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And I don't expect you to quote any source. I expect that since you have such a strong view, you should have seen it in use extensively, understand what you have seen, and then apply it to the Giants offense. I'm getting none of that. I'm getting wiki references. That great source of NFL knowledge.</p>

The fact that you are reading about it demonstrates that you don't have any idea how it works.</p>

[/quote]

enjoy vacation
    [/quote]</p>

You've ruined it. *******!</p>[/quote]

lol

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"]I saw Warhorse last night. Great movie. I must of cried like 5-6 times though. lol.
    [/quote]
    You are not supposed to admit that.
    [/quote]

whats a better trade for DHow???

Amare &amp; Chandler

or

Bynum and Gasol
    [/quote]
    Is this a serious question? lol

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"]I saw Warhorse last night. Great movie. I must of cried like 5-6 times though. lol.
    [/quote]
    You are not supposed to admit that.
    [/quote]

whats a better trade for DHow???

Amare &amp; Chandler

or

Bynum and Gasol
    [/quote]
    Is this a serious question? lol
    [/quote]

say Gasol n Bynum so i can lolz