+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Gasol better than Stoudemire?....lol, yea ok...whatever you say.

The Knicks just need to get rid of Dantoni. Which I can say....I used to love Dantoni as a coach. It's so weird to see that he doesnt know how to use Stoudemire in NY, the way he was in Phx.

I have nothing against Howard or anything....but I'm a fan of Amare</p>[/quote]
    Pau is a better passer, post player, shooter, better B'ball IQ and they are the same in rebounding

Amare is a better individual scorer and a little better of a defender maybe.

Pau has a rep of being soft so that kills him. No way Amare was taking those Grizzlies teams to the playoffs. I don't expect you to take your homer shades off but anyone that knows the NBA would tell you the same thing. There are plenty of NBA heads that call Gasol the best post man in the game.

I have also watched Amare his whole career so it's not like I'm taking a shot in the dark here. If he was as good as you make him out to be the Suns would have never let him walk. Steve Nash made Amare what he was, he is not the same player anymore.
    [/quote]

Bottom line, Amare is a superstar Gasol is a 2nd in line....

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

The Knicks just need to get rid of Dantoni. Which I can say....I used to love Dantoni as a coach. It's so weird to see that he doesnt know how to use Stoudemire in NY, the way he was in Phx.

Pau is a better passer, post player, shooter, better B'ball IQ and they are the same in rebounding

Pau has a rep of being soft so that kills him. No way Amare was taking those Grizzlies teams to the playoffs. I don't expect you to take your homer shades off but anyone that knows the NBA would tell you the same thing. There are plenty of NBA heads that call Gasol the best post man in the game.

I have also watched Amare his whole career so it's not like I'm taking a shot in the dark here. If he was as good as you make him out to be the Suns would have never let him walk. Steve Nash made Amare what he was, he is not the same player anymore.
    [/quote]
    and Amare wanted out... he didn't want to be with the Suns. All they had was an aging Nash and identity crisis...

OK guys, im having difficulty making a decision about the Superbowl...

Every year, my parents do a superbowl party at our place, and we invite anyone we want.
    In recent years it hasnt been a big deal, i didnt care about the game anyway lol

for SB42, i left my house before the game cuz we all went to our bar instead. And it was one of the best days of my life.
    I'm extremely superstitious about football, even though im not superstitious about anything else in life lol.
    So since week 16, I've been at the bar EVERY game, and obviously we won all those games.
    So my conundrum is, do I have everyone to my house for the game, or do I tell them all to go to the bar because it's worked out well for us thus far!?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]OK guys, im having difficulty making a decision about the Superbowl...

Every year, my parents do a superbowl party at our place, and we invite anyone we want.
    In recent years it hasnt been a big deal, i didnt care about the game anyway lol

for SB42, i left my house before the game cuz we all went to our bar instead. And it was one of the best days of my life.
    I'm extremely superstitious about football, even though im not superstitious about anything else in life lol.
    So since week 16, I've been at the bar EVERY game, and obviously we won all those games.
    So my conundrum is, do I have everyone to my house for the game, or do I tell them all to go to the bar because it's worked out well for us thus far!?
    [/quote]
    You <font size="5">HAVE</font> to go to the bar

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    But only because you say so

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Gasol is a superstar?

whatever helps ur purple and gold head sleep at night

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I have nothing against Howard or anything....but I'm a fan of Amare</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Gasol is a superstar?

whatever helps ur purple and gold head sleep at night
    [/quote]</P>

btw, im not really a knicks fan....so the homer shades comment doesnt really apply to me. lol

I just think Amare is as studly as you can ask for at his position really. But, he's a product of a good offense. He's not a solo guy really.
    Whereas I just view Pau as a whiney little ***** who happens to be a good basketball player. lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

hey all </P>

Most pundents/ analyst are picking us to win,,, something that's driving some Pats fans nuts...Quite a change for 07... while I like it that they are getting a taste of what us giants fans put up with in07 no sure I like the role reversal...</P>

I don't havemany if anyquirks/superstitions about how/where I watch the game whatI'm wearingetc,etc ButI do worry about this team /players getting to ****y I just think its badkarma..My only other concern is the extra week offand whether it will have a effect on the <FONT color=#000000>focus and drive thatwe've seen the last 5 weeks ... Anydrop offof thatintensitycouldbekiller and worrys me....</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>I don't know about anyone else I don't like the wait.. I've backed off my reading and don't watch much media..I just want this game over and done withbut of coarse I hope we win...In fact I hope we blow them out, but that's probably unrealistic thinking....</FONT></P>

Its been one crazy year with thisteam but no matter what happensthis Sunday I'm proud of what they have accomplished... AndI hope they go easy on me this week!!</P>

G- Men all in all the way!!!!<FONT color=#000000></FONT></P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Gasol is a superstar as well my friend. They are both 2nd in line on their teams.

<font size="1"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">

<font size="3">Which one is Pau and which one is Amare? </font></font></font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">

<font size="2">Excellent
    physical skills... Has a very good mix of strength, athleticism and
    quickness... Able to outmuscle most big men in the league... Very
    aggressive... Can put the ball on the floor... Great first step... Good
    mid-range shot... A dunk waiting to happen... Runs the floor like very
    few other big men... Great hands... Doesn't put much effort
    defensively... Doesn't pass the ball much... Average rebounder.

</font></font><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Lethal
    low-post scorer... Can face the basket or play back to it using more his
    quickness than his body... A dunk waiting to happen... His hook shot
    comes from the highest point possible... Difficult to block... Can score
    with both hands... Nice mid-range shot... Good coordination... Runs the
    floor well... Great first step... Goes to the line very often... Good
    passer... Smart... Makes good decisions... Very unselfish... Has
    developed into a decent defensive player...</font><font size="1"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">

</font></font>

+ Reply to Thread