Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Rob Gronkowski
    (high ankle sprain) will be at less than 100 percent -- and perhaps
    significantly so -- against the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    "There are very people -- nobody -- who fully expects him to be 100 percent," Schefter said on Monday's SportsCenter.
    "The Patriots are going to have to get used to having a limited
    Gronkowski" against the Giants. Gronkowski is fully expected to play,
    but it sounds like he could be susceptible to re-injury.

One person lands on this the wrong way and he is done for the game.
    </div>[/quote]Even if he plants it wrong its going to hurt him. I dont see him being much of a factor. Got to watch hernandez and wes.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Gasol better than Stoudemire?....lol, yea ok...whatever you say.

The Knicks just need to get rid of Dantoni. Which I can say....I used to love Dantoni as a coach. It's so weird to see that he doesnt know how to use Stoudemire in NY, the way he was in Phx.

I have nothing against Howard or anything....but I'm a fan of Amare</p>[/quote]
    Pau is a better passer, post player, shooter, better B'ball IQ and they are the same in rebounding

Amare is a better individual scorer and a little better of a defender maybe.

Pau has a rep of being soft so that kills him. No way Amare was taking those Grizzlies teams to the playoffs. I don't expect you to take your homer shades off but anyone that knows the NBA would tell you the same thing. There are plenty of NBA heads that call Gasol the best post man in the game.

I have also watched Amare his whole career so it's not like I'm taking a shot in the dark here. If he was as good as you make him out to be the Suns would have never let him walk. Steve Nash made Amare what he was, he is not the same player anymore.
    [/quote]

Bottom line, Amare is a superstar Gasol is a 2nd in line....

[/quote]
    Gasol is a superstar as well my friend. They are both 2nd in line on their teams.
    [/quote]

lol Gasol is not a superstar... hate to break it to you -hes a compliment

and yes Stoudemire is #2 on his team, which is why they are winning 1 of the past 10...

[/quote]
    We have tried this conversation before. It always ends the same. You just don't give him enough credit. I guess we will see how Amare plays the next 2 games with no Melo.
    [/quote]

we've seen how hes played wihtout mello for most of last year

the difference this year is that they have no Felton or Billups and another big man clogging up the paint in an offensive system that doesn't allow that

only laker fans would take Gasol of Amare
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]you ****ts are talking basketball? what a joke.
    [/quote]I come on here, the 1st day of Sb week and these guys are talking NBA!??!?! They might as well be talking about the NHL All-Star game, LOL

[/quote]</p>

I go on vacation and you mutts start talking about basketball on SB week. <font size="5">Where we're in the game</font>.</p>

You are all minor league MB posters. Every last one of you. (except Byron who actually posted about the game)</p>

BTW Dezz, your masking "that word" makes you Mutt of the year. Not cool at all.</p>

Now back to the beach.</p>[/quote]

lol moorehead, this is your third sighting of message boarding while on vacation

u must be having a killer time lol

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

Cooper Manning, the older brother of Eli and
    Peyton, told NFL Network's Albert Breer that Peyton is "determined" to
    play in 2012 despite a slow recovery from three neck surgeries in two
    years.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    "Peyton is going to do every single thing a
    human being can possibly do to get ready to play again," said Cooper,
    whose football career was ended by a neck surgery. " ... Anyone
    predicting what will happen now going forward is just wasting their
    breath. But he is working as hard as anyone can work to get out there."
    Cooper reiterated that Peyton's ability to return depends on the
    regeneration of nerves in his neck, which can be unpredictable.

This is not looking good....
    </div>[/quote]

Redskin bound

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]I go on vacation and you mutts start talking about basketball on SB week. <font size="5">Where we're in the game</font>.

You are all minor league MB posters. Every last one of you. (except Byron who actually posted about the game)</p>[/quote]
    I might be in the minority here but I am sick of talking about the game, watching the shows about the game, hearing about it on Facebook, listening to the analysis, hearing it on the radio. I just want to play the game already. lol
    [/quote]

aint nothing more to talk about - time to play it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

years.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">

</div>[/quote]

Redskin bound
    [/quote]i think miami. hes not coming to nfc east. i think peyton being in the afc is a big reason eli didnt want to be a charger. or his dad didnt want him being a charger. like i said i cant see peyton wanting to play in the same division let alone league as eli.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"]
    <h1 class="entry-title"><font size="4">L.I. BBQ Joint Will Pay For Your Super Bowl Party If GiantsWin</font></h1>

</p>
    <div class="wp-caption">

Ribs from Smokin’ Al’s</p></div>

BAY SHORE, NY (CBSNewYork) -The Giantstake on the Patriots in Indianapolis next weekend for Super Bowl XLVIand there is a party promotion on Long Islandthat is almost too good to be true.</p>

WCBS880 Long Island Bureau Chief Mike Xirinachs On The Story<span style="DISPLAY: block; TEXT-ALIGN: left"></span></p>

Al Horowitz of Smokin’ Al’s BBQ Joint in Bay Shore will reimburse the cost of your Super Bowl party order if the Giants win.</p>

“Pick up the food. You put it on a credit card, and if the Giants win, we rip up all the <span class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan" id="itxthook0w0" style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; COLOR: darkgreen">credit</span><span class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan" id="itxthook0w1" style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; COLOR: darkgreen"> </span><span class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan" id="itxthook0w2" style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; COLOR: darkgreen">cards</span>. We cancel them all out and the food is free on Smokin’ Al’s,” he told WCBS880 Long Island Bureau Chief Mike Xirinachs.</p>

LINK: Smokin’ Al’s Website</p>
    <div class="entry-injected-ad narrow"></div>

And if that’s not crazy enough, Smokin’ Al himself is rooting for the Giants.</p>

“Go Giants. I want them to win. This thing only works great for us if the Giants win,” he said.</p>

Smokin’ Al says it’ll be a pleasure to lose thousands of dollars in food to his <span class="itxtrst itxtrstspan itxthookspan" id="itxthook1w0" style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; COLOR: darkgreen">customers</span>.</p>

Smokin’ Al has a second location in Massapequa Park.</p>

“Super Bowl Sunday, both locations will be buzzing,” he said. “We cook all night. We smoke all night.”</p>

</p>

Im def getting a ton of food from Smokin Al's, its 5mins from my place and they make the best BBQ on LI by a freakin mile
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

haha that's pretty ****ing awesome.</p>

The bar i go to happens to be a bbq joint actually. My favorite thing they have there is called PiggyMac....
    It's the most bangin' home made mac and cheese ever, with bread crumbs baked on it, served ON TOP OF a ton of bbq pulled pork. the dish is massive and it's so hard to finish. But after eating it the first time, i'm pretty sure any other meal i'll have for the rest of my life fails in comparison. lol
    Oh, and they have $5 pitchers of bud light, so that's a win too...haha</p>[/quote]

sounds like big al has a ****load on the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

years.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">

</div>[/quote]

Redskin bound
    [/quote]i think miami. hes not coming to nfc east. i think peyton being in the afc is a big reason eli didnt want to be a charger. or his dad didnt want him being a charger. like i said i cant see peyton wanting to play in the same division let alone league as eli.
    [/quote]

he won't come to the Jets, NFC east is a diff story

They didn't want him to be a Charger because they knew AJ smith was a moron.

I could see him wanting to be a redskin because they have a good line, good talent positions, and a good defense that would be 10x better with an offense

I think Miami is getting Flynn

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    aint nothing more to talk about - time to play it
    [/quote]</P>

I think it was The Most Electrifying Man in Sports-Entertainment, The Rock, who once said:

Dont sing it.....BRING IT!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Gasol better than Stoudemire?....lol, yea ok...whatever you say.

The Knicks just need to get rid of Dantoni. Which I can say....I used to love Dantoni as a coach. It's so weird to see that he doesnt know how to use Stoudemire in NY, the way he was in Phx.

I have nothing against Howard or anything....but I'm a fan of Amare</p>[/quote]
    Pau is a better passer, post player, shooter, better B'ball IQ and they are the same in rebounding

Amare is a better individual scorer and a little better of a defender maybe.

Pau has a rep of being soft so that kills him. No way Amare was taking those Grizzlies teams to the playoffs. I don't expect you to take your homer shades off but anyone that knows the NBA would tell you the same thing. There are plenty of NBA heads that call Gasol the best post man in the game.

I have also watched Amare his whole career so it's not like I'm taking a shot in the dark here. If he was as good as you make him out to be the Suns would have never let him walk. Steve Nash made Amare what he was, he is not the same player anymore.
    [/quote]

Bottom line, Amare is a superstar Gasol is a 2nd in line....

[/quote]
    Gasol is a superstar as well my friend. They are both 2nd in line on their teams.
    [/quote]

lol Gasol is not a superstar... hate to break it to you -hes a compliment

and yes Stoudemire is #2 on his team, which is why they are winning 1 of the past 10...

[/quote]
    We have tried this conversation before. It always ends the same. You just don't give him enough credit. I guess we will see how Amare plays the next 2 games with no Melo.
    [/quote]

we've seen how hes played wihtout mello for most of last year

the difference this year is that they have no Felton or Billups and another big man clogging up the paint in an offensive system that doesn't allow that

only laker fans would take Gasol of Amare
    [/quote]
    Yeah we did see, he wasn't very good. He makes the All Star game cause it's fan voting so don't use that but what has he done that Pau can't do better or has already done? He was taking the Grizzlies when they didn't have anyone to the playoffs consistently. He was a one man team. Amare had a team of ballers and they were not getting it done. They did own the Lakers during that time though. lol

Maybe I don't see enough of Amare. I do see Pau has 178 more fantasy points

Post it on your FB, who is better Pau or Amare?

+ Reply to Thread