+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</P>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</P>[/quote]LOL!

[quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</P>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</P>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</P>

what are you looking to find out exactly? what we have on the books as of right now? what we have left to spend?
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

at the beginning of the season, i think the Giants were over the cap because of the previous season. it may have changed, but we WERE at $126 million....i cant seem to find what we're at right now
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</P>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</P>

what are you looking to find out exactly? what we have on the books as of right now? what we have left to spend?
    </P>

[/quote]I been looking for something that shows where we stand right now ....I have seen some projections that the 2012 cap space will be around 120 mil......and we have something like 16 players looking of deals</P>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </P>

</P>

yes, after the 2010 season, which was an uncapped year we were at approx $127 million.
    The new cap for all NFL teams is $120 mill.
    I assume that we cut some fat after camp, but i dont know for sure.</P>

youre right about players wanting more money and stuff like that. That's why we probably cant afford Manningham. We gotta pay Cruz too, so....
    McKenzie's contract is done, and I have to assume that we look elsewhere for his replacement, and that one alone is about $6mill coming off the books.
    They also have to decide what they are doing with Ross, Goff, TT, Hixon, Tollefson, Bernard and Grant.
    I assume we keep Goff, and especially TT. I hope we keep Tolly also
    I'd even say keep Rocky Bernard since he came at a cheap price after we picked him back up.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

yes, after the 2010 season, which was an uncapped year we were at approx $127 million.
    I assume that we cut some fat after camp, but i dont know for sure.</p>

youre right about players wanting more money and stuff like that. That's why we probably cant afford Manningham. We gotta pay Cruz too, so....
    McKenzie's contract is done, and I have to assume that we look elsewhere for his replacement, and that one alone is about $6mill coming off the books.
    They also have to decide what they are doing with Ross, Goff, TT, Hixon, Tollefson, Bernard and Grant.
    I'd even say keep Rocky Bernard since he came at a cheap price after we picked him back up.</p>[/quote]I def think Super Mario is getting a big pay day from a team

Suge Knight has been on the downslide of his career for the past 2 seasons, he was our anchor in the run game but not he's our weakest link on the OL

I can see Grant retiring and leaving on top even though I would like to see him on our squad for one more year allowing Sash to step into a full role

I REALLY hope we keep Tolly, he was one of the best players off the bench for us and allowed us to keep our DL rotation fresh. I can see a team offering him more money than we would like to shell out

T2 and Goff should get the 1year Kiwi-Contracts and if they stay healthy they should be offered long term deals.

The toughest FA IMO is AR31. I have been bashing this guy since 08 but we may actually need him this upcoming season, we have our #2 coming off a terrible knee injury and our next best guy was a rookie that played like 4 games, so I wouldnt expect alot from either of them. Keeping that in mind, AR31 would be nice to have to allow us to bring Prince along without tossing him straight into the fire

I expect nothing from Hixon
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

OMG did you guys see the AMAZING game winning goal in last nights NYR game???

Brad Richards scores OT winner while diving in the air
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I'd even say keep Rocky Bernard since he came at a cheap price after we picked him back up.</P>

[/quote]I def think Super Mario is getting a big pay day from a team

Suge Knight has been on the downslide of his career for the past 2 seasons, he was our anchor in the run game but not he's our weakest link on the OL

I can see Grant retiring and leaving on top even though I would like to see him on our squad for one more year allowing Sash to step into a full role

I REALLY hope we keep Tolly, he was one of the best players off the bench for us and allowed us to keep our DL rotation fresh. I can see a team offering him more money than we would like to shell out

T2 and Goff should get the 1year Kiwi-Contracts and if they stay healthy they should be offered long term deals.

The toughest FA IMO is AR31. I have been bashing this guy since 08 but we may actually need him this upcoming season, we have our #2 coming off a terrible knee injury and our next best guy was a rookie that played like 4 games, so I wouldnt expect alot from either of them. Keeping that in mind, AR31 would be nice to have to allow us to bring Prince along without tossing him straight into the fire

[/quote]</P>

Hixon is such a liability with all the injuries. he's missed more games than he's ever played in. Sucks, because he had such a high cieling. I remember how excited we were when he stepped up after the Plaxcident......well....except those perfectly botched catches against the eagles...lol, but...he had a good season considering...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

Hixon is such a liability with all the injuries. he's missed more games than he's ever played in. Sucks, because he had such a high cieling. I remember how excited we were when he stepped up after the Plaxcident......well....except those perfectly botched catches against the eagles...lol, but...he had a good season considering...</P>

[/quote]</P>

He tore up his knee making maybe the best, and certainly one of the most important catches of the season. We could have lost that game very easily without that play.</P>

Lets go easy on Hixon. He could still be a great return man for us. And we certainly need that.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I assume that we cut some fat after camp, but i dont know for sure.</p>

I'd even say keep Rocky Bernard since he came at a cheap price after we picked him back up.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Hixon is such a liability with all the injuries. he's missed more games than he's ever played in. Sucks, because he had such a high cieling. I remember how excited we were when he stepped up after the Plaxcident......well....except those perfectly botched catches against the eagles...lol, but...he had a good season considering...</p>

[/quote]</p>

He tore up his knee making maybe the best, and certainly one of the most important catches of the season. We could have lost that game very easily without that play.</p>

Lets go easy on Hixon. He could still be a great return man for us. And we certainly need that.</p>[/quote]Meh, he got a ring, he can walk

Lets look for the KR/PR of the future, not who we HOPED would be the KR/PR of the future, 3-4 years ago....

+ Reply to Thread