Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

When the Nets roll into Brooklyn next season, things will be different.</p>

Off the court, at least. (On the court remains to be seen.) The Nets
    are coming to the nation’s largest market in a new building and they are
    looking to make a splash.</p>

There will be changes — and they will have Jay-Z’s flair.</p>

Jay-Z is a minority owner of the team and cultural icon and
    tastemaker. The long-overlooked Nets are trying to cash in on that style
    to provide a higher profile in Brooklyn, reports the Wall Street Journal.</p>
    <blockquote>

The Nets are celebrating the role that he’s played in
    everything from revamping the logo (“He’s refreshed it,” [Nets CEO
    Brett] Yormark said) to designing new uniforms (“His fingerprints are
    all over it”) to coming up with a new color scheme (“A bold
    redirection”), all of which the team plans to unveil this spring.</p>

In addition, the Nets are set to begin marketing 11 luxury suites
    that will be known as “The Vault at Barclays Center,” a small, high-end
    space on the event level of the arena. Yes, Jay-Z chose the forks—in
    addition to offering his input on the Champagne ($300 bottles of Armand
    de Brignac), the layout (asymmetrical) and much of the décor (lots of
    black and shimmering metallics).</p></blockquote>

The Vault will have its own entrance, owners get 10 front row tickets
    to every event, and they have their own private bar (done in Armand de
    Brignac style). All for just a cool $550,000 a year. Basically, if you
    have to ask you can’t afford it (and you’re not cool enough anyway).</p>

By the way, Jay-Z is opening the Barclays Center with a series of concerts.</p>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]NY Giants star running back Ahmad Bradshaw has apparently developed an extra-special relationship with former "Jersey Shore" star Angelina Pivarnick ... TMZ has learned ... but the Staten Island Dump insists they're NOT officially dating.

Angelina
    was at Saddle Ranch in L.A. yesterday ... when we asked point blank if
    they were together ... and we were met with an uncomfortable silence ...
    followed by, "I'm not dating him ... like, no."

Pivarnick explained, "We've hung out together ... we're really close, he's a cool dude."

"I think he's a hot black ... I'm not gonna deny that. I would be lying if I told you he wasn't hot."

Angelina recently posted a photo of the two lookin' all cozy at a NY club a few weeks ago -- they look platonic to you?

[/quote]

bradshaws girl is NOT going to be happy
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

When the Nets roll into Brooklyn next season, things will be different.</P>

Off the court, at least. (On the court remains to be seen.) The Nets are coming to the nation’s largest market in a new building and they are looking to make a splash.</P>

There will be changes — and they will have Jay-Z’s flair.</P>

Jay-Z is a minority owner of the team and cultural icon and tastemaker. The long-overlooked Nets are trying to cash in on that style to provide a higher profile in Brooklyn, reports the Wall Street Journal.</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

The Nets are celebrating the role that he’s played in everything from revamping the logo (“He’s refreshed it,” [Nets CEO Brett] Yormark said) to designing new uniforms (“His fingerprints are all over it”) to coming up with a new color scheme (“A bold redirection”), all of which the team plans to unveil this spring.</P>

In addition, the Nets are set to begin marketing 11 luxury suites that will be known as “The Vault at Barclays Center,” a small, high-end space on the event level of the arena. Yes, Jay-Z chose the forks—in addition to offering his input on the Champagne ($300 bottles of Armand de Brignac), the layout (asymmetrical) and much of the décor (lots of black and shimmering metallics).</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Vault will have its own entrance, owners get 10 front row tickets to every event, and they have their own private bar (done in Armand de Brignac style). All for just a cool $550,000 a year. Basically, if you have to ask you can’t afford it (and you’re not cool enough anyway).</P>

By the way, Jay-Z is opening the Barclays Center with a series of concerts.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Seems a little bit too baller for a 2 hour basketball game wouldnt ya say? lol
    its all pretty cool though, i like that the team image is going to change just from the relocation itself</P>

hopefully it takes advantage of the seemingly large market new york offers. I'd like to see the nets relevant for more than a 2 year block like earlier in the 2000s lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</p>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</p>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</p>

what are you looking to find out exactly? what we have on the books as of right now? what we have left to spend?
    </p>

[/quote]I been looking for something that shows where we stand right now ....I have seen some projections that the 2012 cap space will be around 120 mil......and we have something like 16 players looking of deals</p>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </p>
    [/quote]

well theres different definitions of MORE MONEY.

The way we had players take "PAYCUTS" last year was by decreasing their cap number but increasing their guaranteed money.

Giants are going to have to part with a couple major pieces for the next 2 years. It upsets me

[quote user="JPizzack"]

you see the new gatorade ad?? I LOVE IT!!
    </P>

</P>[/quote]Awesome.

Cruz and Manningham to present an award at the Grammys this weekend.

MMB--How was the race track?

Yeah Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Lets go easy on Hixon. He could still be a great return man for us. And we certainly need that.[/quote]</p>

that was a pipe dream in 08....im tired of waiting for him to be healthy, let alone play a down of football in the regular season.
    Like i said, unless he's making 400k this year, there's really no need to keep him around anymore.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Tore up his knee making a great play for our team. Don't you think you're being a tad harsh?</p>[/quote]I know what you mean mh and there is a degree of loyalty that should be paid to an injured player who came up big for the team. Problem is it's all about $ and cents and in the end, that's what decisions are based on. I'm not saying it's right, just sayin.[/quote]

theres no loyalty in this game/biz

if there is, its usually with the player to team not team to player

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Cruz and Manningham to present an award at the Grammys this weekend.

Yeah Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyy![/quote]

haha that was awesome

lets just say all my good luck went into the giants superbowl run

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Cruz and Manningham to present an award at the Grammys this weekend.

Yeah Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyy![/quote]

haha that was awesome

lets just say all my good luck went into the giants superbowl run
    [/quote]I'm fine with that if you are.....Boyyyyyyyyyyyy

+ Reply to Thread