+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Lets go easy on Hixon. He could still be a great return man for us. And we certainly need that.[/quote]</P>

that was a pipe dream in 08....im tired of waiting for him to be healthy, let alone play a down of football in the regular season.
    Like i said, unless he's making 400k this year, there's really no need to keep him around anymore.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Tore up his knee making a great play for our team. Don't you think you're being a tad harsh?</P>

[/quote]I know what you mean mh and there is a degree of loyalty that should be paid to an injured player who came up big for the team. Problem is it's all about $ and cents and in the end, that's what decisions are based on. I'm not saying it's right, just sayin.[/quote]

theres no loyalty in this game/biz

if there is, its usually with the player to team not team to player
    [/quote]</P>

so do you think im being harsh, or realistic?? lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

I have no problem assessing his future impact on the team and wanting our FO to make the tough choices about Hixon. But your "I'm sick of waiting for him...." seemed a tad unappreciative.</P>

I admit I could be wrong on this.</P>

[/quote]</P>

i get what youre saying....i understand. But me saying im tired of waiting, its just me being realistic.
    Imagine all the 1st round draft busts you see in sports, we've had them too....and we didnt even draft hixon, we just thought we found a diamond in the rough, and he performed for a bit, but...there are alot of decent players who cant stay healthy, and he could be one of them. it's too bad.
    If we do end up losing Manningham, Idothinkthere's a possibiliy we could keep Hixon if he's healthy enough to play. Shoot...I hope he is! But yea, it's a tough decision to make....just uhh...not that difficult. This is NY, and sadly, "what have you done for me lately?" is a trend in big cities</P>

[/quote]</P>

Its not "what have you done lately". Its "what can you do for us next year" that matters. I would say Hixon could continue to be an effective return guy, especially if the league puts the KO's back to the 30 like I think they will. And Matt's right, he would come cheap.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Matt--What inside dope do you have on AB that tells you that girl will not be happy?

My man looks like a bookworm-geek in those glasses, where's the pencil pocket protector? lol I would NEVER know who he was if I saw him on the street..

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</P>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</P>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</P>

what are you looking to find out exactly? what we have on the books as of right now? what we have left to spend?
    </P>

[/quote]I been looking for something that shows where we stand right now ....I have seen some projections that the 2012 cap space will be around 120 mil......and we have something like 16 players looking of deals</P>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </P>[/quote]

well theres different definitions of MORE MONEY.

The way we had players take "PAYCUTS" last year was by decreasing their cap number but increasing their guaranteed money.

Giants are going to have to part with a couple major pieces for the next 2 years. It upsets me
    [/quote] yeah I guess itcomes down to who they want to keep they could give Cruz a deal "mostly guaranteed money" which hits the cap easy....so guaranteed money doesn't go against the cap? just wondering here

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Matt--What inside dope do you have on AB that tells you that girl will not be happy?

My man looks like a bookworm-geek in those glasses, where's the pencil pocket protector? lol I would NEVER know who he was if I saw him on the street..[/quote]

haha my boy use to work where he lived

and he was cool with AB (Got us field passes for training camp a few years ago) and she was ALWAYS on his ****. There was some website that she gave my friend to look at where all skanks go to brag about ****ing around wtih superstars and rappers. And lets just say under ABs name there was ALOT of stuff said lol

He doesn't work there anymore so I dunno if they are still together or not, but it was his baby momma
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</P>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</P>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</P>

what are you looking to find out exactly? what we have on the books as of right now? what we have left to spend?
    </P>

[/quote]I been looking for something that shows where we stand right now ....I have seen some projections that the 2012 cap space will be around 120 mil......and we have something like 16 players looking of deals</P>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </P>

[/quote]

The way we had players take "PAYCUTS" last year was by decreasing their cap number but increasing their guaranteed money.

Giants are going to have to part with a couple major pieces for the next 2 years. It upsets me
    [/quote] yeah I guess itcomes down to who they want to keep they could give Cruz a deal "mostly guaranteed money" which hits the cap easy....so guaranteed money doesn't go against the cap? just wondering here[/quote]</P>

Every dime a player makes goes against the cap. But there are certain rules about spreading out guarantees to defer some of it.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</p>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</p>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]I been looking for something that shows where we stand right now ....I have seen some projections that the 2012 cap space will be around 120 mil......and we have something like 16 players looking of deals</p>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </p>[/quote]

[/quote] yeah I guess itcomes down to who they want to keep they could give Cruz a deal "mostly guaranteed money" which hits the cap easy....so guaranteed money doesn't go against the cap? just wondering here[/quote]

na and I may be off cuz the cap confuses me, but i've tried to grasp it

the cap number isn't guaranteed money. If the players don't reach incentives to get the rest of the money owed the GIants don't have to pay it but it still counts against the cap

Like Jacobs may have 4 mil on the books next year with only 1.5 of it gauranteed.

But realistically he would probably be able to acheive a mil of incentives (just as an example). So that leaves 1.5 mil that he won't get and the Giants would be charged for.

So the Giants may up his guaranteed money to 2 mil and keep his incentives that he should get but cut teh rest of the incentives to lower him overall cap hit to 3 mil total.

So he'll be in a better spot to make more money and gaurantee himself more money, while giving up the extra incentives

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]does anyone have an idea what the cap looks like?[/quote]</p>

CAPS LOCK?? WHAT?? ITS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!</p>

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]I been looking for something that shows where we stand right now ....I have seen some projections that the 2012 cap space will be around 120 mil......and we have something like 16 players looking of deals</p>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </p>

[/quote]

[/quote] yeah I guess itcomes down to who they want to keep they could give Cruz a deal "mostly guaranteed money" which hits the cap easy....so guaranteed money doesn't go against the cap? just wondering here[/quote]</p>

Every dime a player makes goes against the cap. But there are certain rules about spreading out guarantees to defer some of it.</p>[/quote]

yea signing bonus i think gets spread out across the length of the contract

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</P>

</P>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </P>

[/quote]

[/quote] yeah I guess itcomes down to who they want to keep they could give Cruz a deal "mostly guaranteed money" which hits the cap easy....so guaranteed money doesn't go against the cap? just wondering here[/quote]</P>

Every dime a player makes goes against the cap. But there are certain rules about spreading out guarantees to defer some of it.</P>[/quote] thanks..yeah I just looked it up...its divided out over the length of the contract they let a player go it still goes against the cap......

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote]
    Where ya been? You ready to be in 2nd place soon?

Lin saved your *** but then again I got lucky with Amare not playing.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]LOL![/quote]</P>

</P>

The last cap before this latest (2009)cba was 128 mil and the giants were over that in 2010 we had to make cuts of about 10 mil to get justunder this past season...I'm having a hard time understanding how players who want more money can get it with out others taking cuts....I'm seeing player movement more than we are used to...till this new cba levels out </P>[/quote]

[/quote] yeah I guess itcomes down to who they want to keep they could give Cruz a deal "mostly guaranteed money" which hits the cap easy....so guaranteed money doesn't go against the cap? just wondering here[/quote]

na and I may be off cuz the cap confuses me, but i've tried to grasp it

the cap number isn't guaranteed money. If the players don't reach incentives to get the rest of the money owed the GIants don't have to pay it but it still counts against the cap

Like Jacobs may have 4 mil on the books next year with only 1.5 of it gauranteed.

But realistically he would probably be able to acheive a mil of incentives (just as an example). So that leaves 1.5 mil that he won't get and the Giants would be charged for.

So the Giants may up his guaranteed money to 2 mil and keep his incentives that he should get but cut teh rest of the incentives to lower him overall cap hit to 3 mil total.

So he'll be in a better spot to make more money and gaurantee himself more money, while giving up the extra incentives
    [/quote] got ya thanks.....needed a refresher

+ Reply to Thread