+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

my argument is that hockey isn't entertaining in comparison to other sports. If it was, it wouldn't be at hte bottom of the big 4
    [/quote]In your mind maybe, but for a while it was above the NBA in TV viewership and attendance. That doesnt mean we were getting the best the NHL had to offer, its just how it lies. The 'bottom' of the big 4 will always a revolving door, dont kid yourself just cause you hate hockey
    [/quote]

in the dog years of the NBA while NHL was peaking

thats already diminished

im not kidding my self...

Hockey if lucky can hit 3, but has a safe average at 4

Im not speaking because I hate it, im speaking this way because its true.

Your defending it because YOU love it.

The sport itself isn't as entertaining to the country - theres no doubt about it
    [/quote]And the NBA was peaking in the dog years of the NHL

[/quote]

when your dog years were for pretty much your whole existance - its not considered dog years
    [/quote]OK now your blind hate is just getting straight up ridiculous
    [/quote]

dude its no where near as popular as u suggest...

its time to be okay with that [{]
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]2010-2011NBA Attendance
    <a href="http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct">
    </a>2010-2011 NHL Attendance

Judging by the fact that the NBA had 6 teams that sold out every game and the NHL LITERALLY had double that with 12 teams, id have to say that hockey was more of the fan favorite
    [/quote]

http://fangsbites.com/2011/06/nba-fi...ecord-for-abc/

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...211228847.html

/fin
    [/quote]Fin dis****, LOL

NBA has TV ratings, NHL has ACTUAL attendance

Take that as NBA fans really dont care about their team they just barely follow them, NHL fans are dedicated and show support in person and thats what matters....LOL
    [/quote]

actually by the numbers u gave me, NBA has a slight advantage attendance wise and a MAJOR advantage TV wise.
    [/quote]How so??

The NHL has 12 teams that sold out EVERY SINGLE one of their games, the NBA had 6
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]2010-2011NBA Attendance

Judging by the fact that the NBA had 6 teams that sold out every game and the NHL LITERALLY had double that with 12 teams, id have to say that hockey was more of the fan favorite
    [/quote]

/fin
    [/quote]Fin dis****, LOL

Take that as NBA fans really dont care about their team they just barely follow them, NHL fans are dedicated and show support in person and thats what matters....LOL
    [/quote]

actually by the numbers u gave me, NBA has a slight advantage attendance wise and a MAJOR advantage TV wise.
    [/quote]How so??

The NHL has 12 teams that sold out EVERY SINGLE one of their games, the NBA had 6
    [/quote]

because your going by the total draw of each team. NBA teams combined drew more than NHL teams did combined...

AND if your going to go by sellouts - don't pick and choose just home games select OVERALL sellouts

EDIT: NBA has a higher total number of fans each night then a significant difference in TV ratings that can't be overlooked

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

my argument is that hockey isn't entertaining in comparison to other sports. If it was, it wouldn't be at hte bottom of the big 4
    [/quote]In your mind maybe, but for a while it was above the NBA in TV viewership and attendance. That doesnt mean we were getting the best the NHL had to offer, its just how it lies. The 'bottom' of the big 4 will always a revolving door, dont kid yourself just cause you hate hockey
    [/quote]

thats already diminished

The sport itself isn't as entertaining to the country - theres no doubt about it

[/quote]

when your dog years were for pretty much your whole existance - its not considered dog years
    [/quote]

[/quote]Its no where near as unpopular as you keep suggesting, you can admit it, ill accept you with open arms, LOL

[}]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

thats already diminished

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Its no where near as unpopular as you keep suggesting, you can admit it, ill accept you with open arms, LOL

[}]
    [/quote]

TV Ratings and total amount of people to the game speaks for itself.

Also the fact that so many teams sell out at home and not on the road just further proves the point how its not a nationally accepted game.

3-1 in a finals series on Ratings. THATS HUUUGE

smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

cold hard numbers will tell u otherwise.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    TV Ratings and total amount of people to the game speaks for itself.

Also the fact that so many teams sell out at home and not on the road just further proves the point how its not a nationally accepted game.

3-1 in a finals series on Ratings. THATS HUUUGE

[/quote]Do you even know what your argument is??? You keep changing it so often its dizzying.

1st it was boring, then it had no fans, then it had no tv contract, then it had no momentum once crosby was gone, then it had no tv ratings, and now it has no road following??

I think you just like arguing AGAINST hockey

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

cold hard numbers will tell u otherwise.
    [/quote]LMAO, you're too much man

You're so blind about how much you hate the game, its crazy

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    hate to break it to you, but hockey is bunch of no names as well

I mean general opinion is on my side with this. As much as u guys try and say im crazy - im in the overwelming majority
    [/quote]To the uneducated fairweather sports fan that follows The Yankees to watch Jeter it just may seem that hockey is a bunch of no names...... LOL []

Well when you poll the country asking what is more 'boring' hockey or baseball, let me know the results
    [/quote]</p>

well he's right about the no names think.
    You take the stars of each sport....
    You ask someoen who a Manning is...or who Derek Jeter is....or who Lebron James/Kobe Bryant are....

Thennnnnn ask them who Alex Ovechkin is.....</p>

"huh? a what??"

Hockey fans are in the minority man. and that's ok, you can just be among the hockey <u>hipsters!</u> =P
    that way when ppl like me finally get into the NHL again, you can rag on us.
    I used to play hockey, but i dont have much interest in it anymore.</p>[/quote]gross. were the hockey underground.
    [/quote]

im a pretty big sports guy. I couldn't name ten players in the NHL
    [/quote]
    I am just as big a fan as you are and I know I couldn't. Sorry Kase but Matt is right for sure.

GO RANGERS!

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]2010-2011NBA Attendance

[/quote]

/fin
    [/quote]Fin dis****, LOL

[/quote]

[/quote]How so??

[/quote]
    How many of the 12 were in Canada?

+ Reply to Thread