+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

“I’m the only one [in the Ryan family of coaches] with only one Super Bowl ring,” Ryan said, via the New York Daily News. <font color="#0000FF">“But I’m planning on getting another one, and I’m planning on getting it quickly.”
    </font>

“We got some scars this year from this,” Ryan said. “Anybody who doesn’t have scars is either lying to you or never dared. One thing about us: We dare. We put it out there — I put it out there — that we want to be great.”

GOOD LUCK FATBOY
    [/quote]I just want this idiot to go away.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i just looked something up and I thought it was funny. The best Stanley Cup ratings the NHL ever had was last year and it was pretty much the same exact number that the season premier of an awful show I was watching last year called THE CAPE....

long story short... if NHL was a TV show - it would be cancelled

lol
    [/quote]</P>

lmao....that's an awful way of looking at it...but i laughed regardless cuz that might be true.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

yea but the fact remains that NBA has 4 more NBA franchises, bigger stadiums, and bigger crowds

/end game
    [/quote]4 more Franchises that cant sellout, bigger arenas that are empty and bigger crowds that arent filling the seats
    [/quote]

they average more people per game and only ONE NHL team sells out every night, while two NBA teams sell out every night on average regardless of where they play.
    [/quote]More people cause there's more seats
    More NHL teams can support strong home fanbases while NBA teams have better road followings
    [/quote]

Not if u take out the Canadian franchises
    [/quote]If you take out the Canadian teams there are still more NHL teams that sell out on a consistent basis
    [/quote]

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/...11/sort/allPct

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/...11/sort/allPct

the truth will set you free
    [/quote]The NHL would still have more teams (Chicago, Philthy, SJ, DC, STL, Boston, Pittsburgh) compared to the NBA (Dallas, Chicago, Portland, Orlando, Miami, Boston)

The NHL also has 4 teams that sellout 99% of their games compared to the NBAs 3
    [/quote]

bottom line is that overall both leagues don't sell out overall and can sell more tickets if they had the fan base and the NBA still outdraws the NHL
    [/quote]

Bottom line is that the NBA cant stand up to the NHL in selling out and maintaining strong fanbases. If they had the fanbases of the NFL we'd both be screwed as fans, then again thatll never happen cause NBA and NHL have 82 game seasons
    [/quote]

I see rex is back making ridic statements
    [/quote]Nah I gotta say the most ridiculous statement was saying that the nation doesnt care about hockey, cause it plain and simple isnt true
    [/quote]

its actually quite true

hockey towns care about hockey - thats about it...
    [/quote]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i just looked something up and I thought it was funny. The best Stanley Cup ratings the NHL ever had was last year and it was pretty much the same exact number that the season premier of an awful show I was watching last year called THE CAPE....

long story short... if NHL was a TV show - it would be cancelled

lol
    [/quote]
    Yeah, and it was a team that had not won a Stanley Cup in ages in one of the most loyal hockey towns in the US.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</P>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </P>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</P>

One thing we learned in the radio business.....The masses are asses.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"]the truth is that nobody really cares throughout the whole country

[quote user="Kase-1"]
    See ridiculous generalized statements like that make this argument go on WAY too long
    [/quote]
    I believe this to be true as well Kase. General statement or not. If we are going with majority it's true.
    [/quote]And if we're going with general statements, there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns' so then Nationwide hockey has a bigger following

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</p>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </p>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</p>

One thing we learned in the radio business.....The masses are asses.</p>

</p>[/quote]For someone that doesnt watch sports at all its probably easier to watch basketball on TV, yes they may be bored to sleep but its easier to follow the ball.

Hockey really needs a TV angle from over the ice similar to how the NFL has that camera floating around behind the QB

4.8 40 yard dash, that is amazing? What was looked at if this kid ever played again before as miraculous is becoming reality. Wow

GIANTS' CHAD JONES WILL BE AT OFF-SEASON PROGRAM

"Chad Jones still has a long road back to an NFL field, but he hopes to be able to take the next steps on (or around) April 16.
    The plan right now is for the injured safety to join the Giants’ offseason workout program, which opens that day, nearly 22 months after he almost lost his leg in a horrific car accident. Jones has been rehabbing hard near his home in Louisiana and he’s said many times he has his sights set on playing for the Giants in 2012.

Whether he can or not remains to be seen. At the offseason workout program at the Giants' Meadowlands practice facility he’ll continue to rehab his injured left leg in the hopes that at some point he’ll be able to pass the Giants’ team physical. So far he hasn’t, so it’s impossible to know if he’ll be ready to participate in any on-field spring workouts, mini-camp, or even training camp when it opens this summer.

Any on-field participation would be an incredible feat for the former LSU star who was a third-round pick by the Giants back in 2010. Two months after he was drafted, his career and life took a detour when he smashed his SUV into a pole on the side of a New Orleans street and shattered the fibula, tibia and ankle in his left leg and punctured his femoral artery.

Two weeks before the accident, Jones had signed a four-year, $2.615 million contract with the Giants that included a signing bonus of $825,965 – which the Giants let him keep. Recently, he restructured the final two years of his deal, lowing his 2012 salary from $490,000 to $390,000, and his 2013 salary from $575,000 to $480,000.

He did not sign any contract extensions, despite a published report that said he did.

Both Jones’ camp and the Giants have been cautiously optimistic about his progress and seem to expet he’ll be on the field at some point this summer. Jones last held a public workout on his 23rd birthday, back on Oct. 5, when he was videotaped running back-to-back 40-yard dashes in 4.84 seconds and 4.90 seconds."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giant

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</p>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </p>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</p>

</p>[/quote]
    Nobody is knocking hockey, Matt or myself. Just simply proving a point that hockey is no where near as popular as basketball nationally. It will always be the 4th most popular sport in the US and could someday go even lower.

If you asked a casual sports fan if he would rather have front row seats or an all access pass to tv games for hockey or B'ball 99% of them are going to go for B'Ball.

If you asked a serious Knicks/Rangers, Bulls/Blackhawks or Bruins/Celtics I would bet more than 70% takes B'ball.

No one cares about hockey nationally. If you have a team then of course you are going to care more. I have been to plenty of sports bars in my life. I have never seen hockey on TV nor hear people talking about it. There are bars that would rather show replays of SC than live hockey. No one cares.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

</p>[/quote]
    Nobody is knocking hockey, Matt or myself. Just simply proving a point that hockey is no where near as popular as basketball nationally. It will always be the 4th most popular sport in the US and could someday go even lower.

If you asked a casual sports fan if he would rather have front row seats or an all access pass to tv games for hockey or B'ball 99% of them are going to go for B'Ball.

If you asked a serious Knicks/Rangers, Bulls/Blackhawks or Bruins/Celtics I would bet more than 70% takes B'ball.

No one cares about hockey nationally. If you have a team then of course you are going to care more. I have been to plenty of sports bars in my life. I have never seen hockey on TV nor hear people talking about it. There are bars that would rather show replays of SC than live hockey. No one cares.
    [/quote]Matt said hockey was boring, which was his main reason why hockey isnt popular. Thats a knock. I was at a bar the other night and the ranger game was on.

+ Reply to Thread