+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]
    That is debatable but no way to get a real answer.
    [/quote]Well Im happy you asked, I judged it by the amount of cities that sellout their home games and in the NHL there were 12 teams that sold out 100% of their games and 4 more that sold out 99% of their games, while the NBA had 6 teams that sold out 100% of their home games and 3 teams that sold out 99% of their games

[/quote]
    You subtract Canada?

[/quote]Why subtract Canadia, they have teams in both sports.

But even without Canadia NHL has 11 teams that sellout 99% or better and the NBA has 9 that sellout 99% or better
    [/quote]

what happened to your 100% argument? Opening it up to 99% KILLS your argument even more

Because while you have the ADVANTAGE percentage wise, u lose becuase NBA arenas HOLD more people lol. So the 99% means they aren't selling out. So lets get it straight that it means BOTH have more tickets to sell

tthe difference? NBA is sitll selling more tickets even if they are at 99%
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And think about this.</p>

The Boston fans were far more excited about the Bruins Stanley Cup championship than the Celtics championship.</p>

AND</p>

One of the greatest sports days in New York history was the Stanley Cup championship of the Rangers in 1994. I doubt any of the recent Yankee championship energized the city like the Rangers did.</p>[/quote]Ive experienced Yankee and Giants parades, I was too young to attend the parade in 94 and Im DIEING to attend a Rangers parade down the canyon of heroes, I would imagine it to be TREMENDOUS!!!!
    [/quote]

lol i'll tell u right now - <u>it won't top the Rangers parade in 94</u>, Giants parade in 07, or Yankees in 96
    [/quote]and if it happened, it wont be because hockey became more "boring"

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]
    [/quote]Well Im happy you asked, I judged it by the amount of cities that sellout their home games and in the NHL there were 12 teams that sold out 100% of their games and 4 more that sold out 99% of their games, while the NBA had 6 teams that sold out 100% of their home games and 3 teams that sold out 99% of their games

[/quote]</p>

When you quote TV figures, basketball wins. When you quote attendance figures, hockey wins.</p>

Answer: Basketball is better on TV (masses making little effort). Hockey is better live (real fans dedicated enough to go to the games)</p>[/quote]
    When you quote popularity nationwide basketball wins. Another one of the arguments...

Attendance in the hockey region are higher than the rest of the country.
    [/quote]When you quote the attendance of cities with both teams the NHL wins and when you think of the amount of cities in the USA that sellout more games its another win for the NHL

Hoops is cool, but hockey is leaps and bounds above anything cept football
    [/quote]

only person that would agree with that is hockey fans

the rest of the country doesnt

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And think about this.</P>

The Boston fans were far more excited about the Bruins Stanley Cup championship than the Celtics championship.</P>

AND</P>

One of the greatest sports days in New York history was the Stanley Cup championship of the Rangers in 1994. I doubt any of the recent Yankee championship energized the city like the Rangers did.</P>

[/quote]

You think the 94 Rangers trumped the 96 yankees?

Thats the Red Sock in you
    [/quote]</P>

I honestly can say i was too young to remember the 94 rangers. I do have 2 friends who i recall being very excited about the rangers championship, but to me, the Yankees WS in 96 was more memorable.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Maybe the single dumbest posts in the history of posts.</P>

"I was too young to remember the 94 Rangers so the 96 Yankees (who I remember) were more memorable."</P>

This is a Pizzlestick classic.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</p>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </p>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</p>

One thing we learned in the radio business.....The masses are asses.</p>

</p>[/quote]
    Nobody is knocking hockey, Matt or myself. Just simply proving a point that hockey is no where near as popular as basketball nationally. It will always be the 4th most popular sport in the US and could someday go even lower.

If you asked a casual sports fan if he would rather have front row seats or an all access pass to tv games for hockey or B'ball 99% of them are going to go for B'Ball.

If you asked a serious Knicks/Rangers, Bulls/Blackhawks or Bruins/Celtics I would bet more than 70% takes B'ball.

No one cares about hockey nationally. If you have a team then of course you are going to care more. I have been to plenty of sports bars in my life. I have never seen hockey on TV nor hear people talking about it. There are bars that would rather show replays of SC than live hockey. No one cares.
    [/quote]Matt said hockey was boring, which was his main reason why hockey isnt popular. Thats a knock. I was at a bar the other night and the ranger game was on.
    [/quote]Im going to the bar tonight to watch the Rangers vs Blackhawks and they play it on almost EVERY TV and also on the projection screen.... Then again I wont lie, its a Football/Hockey bar, the bar even has their own beer league hockey team
    [/quote]
    Well no **** Kase. lol You live in NY and it's the NY Rangers. I would expect them to put it on. Any city that doesn't have a hockey team will not be showing Hockey on any of their TV's. Why you may ask....cause no one gives a ****!
    [/quote]By that reasoning any city that doesnt have a basketball team wouldnt show a hoops game.

Your care package is gonna be on the way right after we get these SB Programs, me, Ed and Bennett are taking a trip to the dollar store in an hr or so
    [/quote]

lol BUT THEY DO!!! So that pretty much ENDS that debate
    [/quote]
    <font size="5">YAHTZEE!!!!</font>

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Well no **** Kase. lol You live in NY and it's the NY Rangers. I would expect them to put it on. Any city that doesn't have a hockey team will not be showing Hockey on any of their TV's. Why you may ask....cause no one gives a ****!
    [/quote]By that reasoning any city that doesnt have a basketball team wouldnt show a hoops game.

Your care package is gonna be on the way right after we get these SB Programs, me, Ed and Bennett are taking a trip to the dollar store in an hr or so
    [/quote]
    Exactly my point my good friend. They will show BBall from any other city or state because it's popular nationwide. Thank you for proving mine and Matt's point. Holler at me when they start showing NHL games on ESPN or TNT in primetime. 1 nationally televised game a week? C'Mon Maaaaaaan

Thank you very much for the care package. As you know it means alot to me. I really do appreciate it and if you need reimbursement for postage please let me know.
    [/quote]NHL on NATIONWIDE on NBCSports more nights than NBA on TNT in addition to 1 game per week on NBC while NBA has 1 game on ABC per week

I really hope I can find these dollar store programs cause you'll def get one. You're my boy and I gotta let you get some Giants stuff cause its tough out there in SLC
    [/quote]

LoL nice try Kase

NBC Sports just changed over from VERSUS lololololol

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    You subtract Canada?

But even without Canadia NHL has 11 teams that sellout 99% or better and the NBA has 9 that sellout 99% or better
    [/quote]
    So it's almost even. lol

Your case is getting weaker and weaker by the minute...
    [/quote]Almost doesnt mean tish, the pats ALMOST won the super bowl, the Bills were ALMOST 4x SB champions

[/quote]

its almost even PERCENTAGE wise

hard numbers of tickets sold its not - Basketball sells more tickets

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]I can't even name 5 hockey players that play today and I am constantly on ESPN, watching SportsCenter, Sports Illustrated all the above. It never gets talked about or shown anywhere. Even Linda Cohn complains all the time on SC, "When are we going to do hockey highlights?" Uhhhh later Linda, no one gives a **** about hockey. Maybe after they talk about Peytons neck the second time. Only time I ever see hockey is in the top 10.
    [/quote]Cmon we all know ESPN sucks, especially when their network doesnt have an NHL contract like they (ABC Networks) do with Baseball, Basketball, and Football

Why do I know that you CAN name 5 hockey players
    [/quote]

dude honestly, i knew more hockey players in like 93-96

I really don't think i could name 10

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    You subtract Canada?

[/quote]
    So it's almost even. lol

Your case is getting weaker and weaker by the minute...
    [/quote]Almost doesnt mean tish, the pats ALMOST won the super bowl, the Bills were ALMOST 4x SB champions

[/quote]

its almost even PERCENTAGE wise

hard numbers of tickets sold its not - Basketball sells more tickets
    [/quote]</P>

Thast like saying that baseball is more popular than football because in hard numbers, baseball sold more tickets. (I guess we should ignore that there are only 16 games in football and 162 in baseball OR that there are more NBA teams than NHL teams.)</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Why do I know that you CAN name 5 hockey players
    [/quote]
    Henry Lundquist
    Sidney Crosby
    Alex Ovechkin
    Temu Salami
    Tim Thomas, but only cause I heard his name so much last year.
    I know there is a good guy in Tampa but I can't remember his name.

That's about all I got. lol

And I am being dead ****ing serious.
    [/quote]

Teemu Selanne still plays?!?!

+ Reply to Thread