+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Why do I know that you CAN name 5 hockey players
    [/quote]
    Henry Lundquist
    Sidney Crosby
    Alex Ovechkin
    Temu Salami
    Tim Thomas, but only cause I heard his name so much last year.
    I know there is a good guy in Tampa but I can't remember his name.

That's about all I got. lol

And I am being dead ****ing serious.
    [/quote]

Teemu Selanne still plays?!?!
    [/quote]
    I have no idea. lol

Sean Avery was another one I thought of.

No way I can get to 10. lol

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]And now that Crosby is looking like he may never be what he was suppose to be - theres no doubt that general attendance and TV ratings have been down since he was on top of the game...
    [/quote]
    That is another thing he won't accept. Sid is the face of the NHL and it's hurting it with him out. If the Rangers weren't doing so good then we would really never hear about it. Almost every time there was a nationally televised game guess who was playing in it...The Penguins. Sid or Ovechkin every time.
    [/quote]

HEs actually quietly conceded that argument

he tried yesterday then he looked at the numbers from 08-09 (preinjury) and that was the peak

THE GREAT WINTER GAME had an all time low in ratings this year...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]I can't even name 5 hockey players that play today and I am constantly on ESPN, watching SportsCenter, Sports Illustrated all the above. It never gets talked about or shown anywhere. Even Linda Cohn complains all the time on SC, "When are we going to do hockey highlights?" Uhhhh later Linda, no one gives a **** about hockey. Maybe after they talk about Peytons neck the second time. Only time I ever see hockey is in the top 10.
    [/quote]Cmon we all know ESPN sucks, especially when their network doesnt have an NHL contract like they (ABC Networks) do with Baseball, Basketball, and Football

Why do I know that you CAN name 5 hockey players
    [/quote]

dude honestly, i knew more hockey players in like 93-96

I really don't think i could name 10
    [/quote]so whats that say? it supports what kase is saying. its not on mainstream channel. the only time i see a hockey highlight on espn is if it makes the top 10 plays, which is bull****. soccer has more coverage than hockey, its a joke. every major league should have some air time. everything is so commercialized its sickening.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]
    That is debatable but no way to get a real answer.
    [/quote]Well Im happy you asked, I judged it by the amount of cities that sellout their home games and in the NHL there were 12 teams that sold out 100% of their games and 4 more that sold out 99% of their games, while the NBA had 6 teams that sold out 100% of their home games and 3 teams that sold out 99% of their games

[/quote]
    You subtract Canada?

[/quote]Why subtract Canadia, they have teams in both sports.

But even without Canadia NHL has 11 teams that sellout 99% or better and the NBA has 9 that sellout 99% or better
    [/quote]
    So it's almost even. lol

Your case is getting weaker and weaker by the minute...
    [/quote]Almost doesnt mean tish, the pats ALMOST won the super bowl, the Bills were ALMOST 4x SB champions

[/quote]

its almost even PERCENTAGE wise

hard numbers of tickets sold its not - Basketball sells more tickets
    [/quote]</p>

Thast like saying that baseball is more popular than football because in hard numbers, baseball sold more tickets. (I guess we should ignore that there are only 16 games in football and 162 in baseball OR that there are more NBA teams than NHL teams.)</p>[/quote]
    Same arena sizes, same number of games. Don't be a poo in the pants.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]And now that Crosby is looking like he may never be what he was suppose to be - theres no doubt that general attendance and TV ratings have been down since he was on top of the game...
    [/quote]
    That is another thing he won't accept. Sid is the face of the NHL and it's hurting it with him out. If the Rangers weren't doing so good then we would really never hear about it. Almost every time there was a nationally televised game guess who was playing in it...The Penguins. Sid or Ovechkin every time.
    [/quote]

HEs actually quietly conceded that argument

he tried yesterday then he looked at the numbers from 08-09 (preinjury) and that was the peak

THE GREAT WINTER GAME had an all time low in ratings this year...

[/quote]I dont know one single person that likes crosby and i know quite a few hockey fans.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]
    That is debatable but no way to get a real answer.
    [/quote]Well Im happy you asked, I judged it by the amount of cities that sellout their home games and in the NHL there were 12 teams that sold out 100% of their games and 4 more that sold out 99% of their games, while the NBA had 6 teams that sold out 100% of their home games and 3 teams that sold out 99% of their games

[/quote]
    You subtract Canada?

[/quote]Why subtract Canadia, they have teams in both sports.

But even without Canadia NHL has 11 teams that sellout 99% or better and the NBA has 9 that sellout 99% or better
    [/quote]
    So it's almost even. lol

Your case is getting weaker and weaker by the minute...
    [/quote]Almost doesnt mean tish, the pats ALMOST won the super bowl, the Bills were ALMOST 4x SB champions

[/quote]

its almost even PERCENTAGE wise

hard numbers of tickets sold its not - Basketball sells more tickets
    [/quote]</P>

Thast like saying that baseball is more popular than football because in hard numbers, baseball sold more tickets. (I guess we should ignore that there are only 16 games in football and 162 in baseball OR that there are more NBA teams than NHL teams.)</P>

[/quote]
    Same arena sizes, same number of games. Don't be a poo in the pants.
    [/quote]</P>

Bottom line is that the premise of Matts argument is nonsense. He contended that hockey is "boring" because it doesn't rank in revenues as highly as the other three major sports.</P>

Its anmoronic argument that no one believes but him and "ice soccer" Daven. Another case of Meyerbud and Scrappy alone against the world. And thats affirming to the rest of the world.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And think about this.</p>

The Boston fans were far more excited about the Bruins Stanley Cup championship than the Celtics championship.</p>

AND</p>

One of the greatest sports days in New York history was the Stanley Cup championship of the Rangers in 1994. I doubt any of the recent Yankee championship energized the city like the Rangers did.</p>

[/quote]

You think the 94 Rangers trumped the 96 yankees?

Thats the Red Sock in you
    [/quote]</p>

I honestly can say i was too young to remember the 94 rangers. I do have 2 friends who i recall being very excited about the rangers championship, but to me, the Yankees WS in 96 was more memorable.</p>[/quote]

well lets be honest... im not sure there is a fanbase in teh world that compares to the yankees. Yankes hadn't done **** for 20 years at that point. 96 was insane

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The Boston fans were far more excited about the Bruins Stanley Cup championship than the Celtics championship.</p>

AND</p>

One of the greatest sports days in New York history was the Stanley Cup championship of the Rangers in 1994. I doubt any of the recent Yankee championship energized the city like the Rangers did.</p>[/quote]

[/quote] i agree with mh, rangers hadnt won the cup since 1940. i was young but i remember it being pretty crazy when they won.
    [/quote]

just googled it...

just over a million at the Rangers parade

ovber 3.5 million at the 96 yankees parade

that was ****ing madness and not even close to comparable

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

AND</p>

One of the greatest sports days in New York history was the Stanley Cup championship of the Rangers in 1994. I doubt any of the recent Yankee championship energized the city like the Rangers did.</p>[/quote]Ive experienced Yankee and Giants parades, I was too young to attend the parade in 94 and Im DIEING to attend a Rangers parade down the canyon of heroes, I would imagine it to be TREMENDOUS!!!!
    [/quote]

lol i'll tell u right now - <u>it won't top the Rangers parade in 94</u>, Giants parade in 07, or Yankees in 96
    [/quote]and if it happened, it wont be because hockey became more "boring"
    [/quote]

i've made my argument pretty clear, but yet u guys still try to change what i say

Hockey has definitly gotten MORE popular but it is still widely seen as a boring sport. Only hockey towns support hockey (and canada).

**** man go to your local modells. Go see how much ranger **** there is compared to Knicks, Giants, Jets, Mets, and Yankees

Hockey's popularity is actually on a small decline since 3 years ago (facts are facts)

Maybe not in NEW YORK, but around the country all the numbers suggest it.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

AND</p>

One of the greatest sports days in New York history was the Stanley Cup championship of the Rangers in 1994. I doubt any of the recent Yankee championship energized the city like the Rangers did.</p>[/quote]

[/quote] i agree with mh, rangers hadnt won the cup since 1940. i was young but i remember it being pretty crazy when they won.
    [/quote]

just googled it...

just over a million at the Rangers parade

ovber 3.5 million at the 96 yankees parade

that was ****ing madness and not even close to comparable
    [/quote]sooo because more people showed up at a parade, it trumped 94? give me a break.
    thats so z100 of you

+ Reply to Thread