+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i think kase-dezz-pappy all need to get on one page about the argument
    [/quote]How can we when you change your argument every other post??!?!?!?
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I dont want people to get all butthurt over this debate. It's not like im saying hockey is an inferior sport by any means. I just kinda thought it was all obvious, and factual: It's not nearly as popular a sport as the rest.[/quote]</p>

Because Kase loves hockey. He takes it personally when someone "bashes" his sport. He has played it his whole life and watches it religiously. It's like if someone said Buffy was not one of the most popular shows of all time. You would really take offense to that and would stick up for her ya know?</p>

</p>

We feel the same way and are just stating facts. I don't think Matt is trying to bash hockey per say. I'm sure he realized how talented the athletes are and how difficult the game is. **** man, I have tried to ice skate before with no one around and fall on my ***. lol
    </p>[/quote]When you guys talk about hockey like its figure skating I think you guys are acting like straight up clowns and for a few pages you n matt were

Matt has bashed hockey since the beginning of time, nothing new with that, when you act like its f'n curling thats when I get pissed off cause you guys are acting like jackasses
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Hey Lando after all this, I think your care package will be all Rangers stuff, you have lost the privlidge to get the Giants care package

Im drunk, we'll finisht this in the morning, LOL

Kase....you are fast becoming my new hero.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I dont want people to get all butthurt over this debate. It's not like im saying hockey is an inferior sport by any means. I just kinda thought it was all obvious, and factual: It's not nearly as popular a sport as the rest.[/quote]</P>

Because Kase loves hockey. He takes it personally when someone "bashes" his sport. He has played it his whole life and watches it religiously. It's like if someone said Buffy was not one of the most popular shows of all time. You would really take offense to that and would stick up for her ya know?</P>

</P>

We feel the same way and are just stating facts. I don't think Matt is trying to bash hockey per say. I'm sure he realized how talented the athletes are and how difficult the game is. **** man, I have tried to ice skate before with no one around and fall on my ***. lol
    </P>

[/quote]When you guys talk about hockey like its figure skating I think you guys are acting like straight up clowns and for a few pages you n matt were

Matt has bashed hockey since the beginning of time, nothing new with that, when you act like its f'n curling thats when I get pissed off cause you guys are acting like jackasses
    [/quote]</P>

LOL, Kase, I most definitely am NOT doing that!
    I'll let Matt speak for himself if that's his opinion. The only common ground Matt and I have here is while debating the overall popularity of the sport.
    I stated a page or so ago that I respect hockey players as much as I do football players. AND I like, and respect the sport. It has nothing to do however with my original point of it's popularity.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i think kase-dezz-pappy all need to get on one page about the argument
    [/quote]How can we when you change your argument every other post??!?!?!?
    [/quote]

when i respond to points you make that isn't me changing my argument....

everybody else seems to realize my point
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I dont want people to get all butthurt over this debate. It's not like im saying hockey is an inferior sport by any means. I just kinda thought it was all obvious, and factual: It's not nearly as popular a sport as the rest.[/quote]</p>

Because Kase loves hockey. He takes it personally when someone "bashes" his sport. He has played it his whole life and watches it religiously. It's like if someone said Buffy was not one of the most popular shows of all time. You would really take offense to that and would stick up for her ya know?</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

awful example, i know you were just trying to be funny.
    I give hockey players all the credit in the world, because i know how strenuous it is. AND it can be just as bruising as football at any given moment, and at uncontrollable speeds and points of impact.
    i dont know WHY it's not as popular, because it should be based on the physicality of the game, so that's weird...but hey, it's fact.
    Probably the same reason nobody has given a **** about boxing in almost 20 years.
    I know some of you guys follow it, but that's also factual.</p>[/quote]

I give Nascar drivers respect too because what they do is hard - doesn't mean I care to watch it

[quote user="byron"]

So if I'm understanding right....football is the #1 sport in the US</p>

And then there's the rest I'll call .." the suck list"...... for me baseball tops the list as the most boring game they ever put on a TV screen...a level of boring I can't even explain...baseball is fun to play andthatsit....I'd give a tie to the other two"hockey andb-ball"for their televisedsuckness...</p>

All that being said hockey is great live, as a kid we used to go to a few collage games,loved atmosphere and excitement that the arena brings..I don't get into it on TV at all really...</p>

As for B-Ball I dowatch some ofplayoff games ...but thatsabout it....andI doubt I'd spend a dime to go to a live game....same goes for baseball...</p>

Its Giantsfootball ornothing for me... Watching any other sportsis like I'm forcing myself to do it...My wife watches baseball I find something else to do...</p>

</p>

By the way KaseI loved playing hockey as a kid,...all be itunorganized... we would wait for a localpond to freeze over and play.... good times ...I still like to put on theskates from time to time when the ice is right andhave a look about...I go slooooow tho....</p>

</p>

ps...keep in mindgoing to any progame from where I'm sitting is not that easy or inexpensive ..If I was closer to the actionI could see myselfgoing tohockey game....</p>[/quote]

I heard BIG B was the enforcer....

big b use to throw real punches

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</p>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </p>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</p>

One thing we learned in the radio business.....The masses are asses.</p>

</p>[/quote]
    Nobody is knocking hockey, Matt or myself. Just simply proving a point that hockey is no where near as popular as basketball nationally. It will always be the 4th most popular sport in the US and could someday go even lower.

If you asked a casual sports fan if he would rather have front row seats or an all access pass to tv games for hockey or B'ball 99% of them are going to go for B'Ball.

If you asked a serious Knicks/Rangers, Bulls/Blackhawks or Bruins/Celtics I would bet more than 70% takes B'ball.

No one cares about hockey nationally. If you have a team then of course you are going to care more. I have been to plenty of sports bars in my life. I have never seen hockey on TV nor hear people talking about it. There are bars that would rather show replays of SC than live hockey. No one cares.
    [/quote]Matt said hockey was boring, which was his main reason why hockey isnt popular. Thats a knock. I was at a bar the other night and the ranger game was on.
    [/quote]

Its simple - if it was as exciting as some think it is, it would do better.

ANd your in NEW YORK, ANYTHING is on ANYWHERE.

IF anything the fact that Lando has never seen a hockey game on in a sports bar should pretty much prove how nationally nobody cares about hockey...

you step out of hockey towns - ur going to be hard pressed to catch a puck game on TV...

[/quote]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV

+ Reply to Thread