+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Matt Meyerbud just picked up this guy in fantasy basketball

[/quote]WHO?!?!?!?

I just got this guy in Fantasy hockey, LOL

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV
    [/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]lol yes, ur right, nobody spray painted a rink in honor of the yankees winning it all - u got me there

[/quote]
    <font size="5">LMAO</font>

[quote user="Kase-1"]OH YO DEZZY DEZZ!!!!!!

So I went to the Dollar Tree last nite with a few of my boys to check
    out the $1 Super Bowl 46 Programs and we nearly bought the store out of
    em. Call your local Dollar Tree and see if they got em

The closest one to me in Central Islip didnt have em, but we called the
    store in Copaigue and they had a TON of em. Im prolly going back today
    to another store, LOL

Thought my fellow LI Giants fan would like to know the low down
    [/quote]pretty sure theres one in garden city and maybe union dale. the programs nice?

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]how do you know more ranger fans dont live near the city. maybe more live upstate.
    after the rangers won we spray painted a rink on our street and over 20 kids would play everyday after school for the next 3 -4 years. cant say the same thing after the yanks won in 96
    [/quote]</p>

I'm live upstate (at least by city dweller/borough standards), and as a Giants fan, and Yankee, i've gone to parades, stadiums, etc...so is that your argument? ppl dont go?
    ehh...it's poor argument anyway, so i dont know what it has to do with anything. lol</p>[/quote]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

and im pretty sure those upstate are more interested in the Buffalo Sabers or a team close to them no?

Besides, its not the most populated of areas the more north u go into NY state
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Hey Lando after all this, I think your care package will be all Rangers stuff, you have lost the privlidge to get the Giants care package
    [/quote]
    NOT nice
    [/quote]Nicer than what I was telling you on FB last nite when I was hammered, LOL

Waterproof Envelope filled with diharrea, LOL
    [/quote]
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

[quote user="Kase-1"]You see NJ's superstar Kovalchuk WHOOP THE CRAP outta that guy on the Flyers thats not fake, his teammate got cheapshotted and the leading scorer on the team drops the gloves AND takes off his helmet (ultimate manliness sign of respect for the game)

[/quote]
    WOW, that was crazy....

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</p>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </p>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</p>

One thing we learned in the radio business.....The masses are asses.</p>

</p>[/quote]
    Nobody is knocking hockey, Matt or myself. Just simply proving a point that hockey is no where near as popular as basketball nationally. It will always be the 4th most popular sport in the US and could someday go even lower.

If you asked a casual sports fan if he would rather have front row seats or an all access pass to tv games for hockey or B'ball 99% of them are going to go for B'Ball.

If you asked a serious Knicks/Rangers, Bulls/Blackhawks or Bruins/Celtics I would bet more than 70% takes B'ball.

No one cares about hockey nationally. If you have a team then of course you are going to care more. I have been to plenty of sports bars in my life. I have never seen hockey on TV nor hear people talking about it. There are bars that would rather show replays of SC than live hockey. No one cares.
    [/quote]No dont get it twisted, Matt was bashing hockey and he does every time we speak on it

WOW, sports bars in Utah suck the ol brasciole. You never hear people talking about it cause Utah has no hockey team, the closest team is in Denver and the Avs blow dong, you even said it, if you have a team you'll care more and in your part of the country there is no team.

There are people that watch all 82 Rangers games at my local bar, hell even I dont watch all 82 Rangers games and they're my #2 after Big Blue, hockey fans are WAAAAY more dedicated than bball fans and there's less of a bandwagon, once a hockey fan always a hockey fan, and if you see a live game you're hooked for LIFE

It isnt always the 4th of the big 4, and its never going below that
    [/quote]

Technically i was wrong by saying big 4, its actually 5th out of the big 5 if u want to get techincal. But I don't consider Nascar a sport... I think a ball has to be in pklay to be considered a sport

I've been to about 5 hockey games, so stop it.

you live in NEW YORK. This is what I mean that u have no concept of perception out of the tri-state of big cities.

I personally odn't like hockey, i find it boring. I can get into any sport for small periods of time but its just not an exciting game.

I said that american obviously agrees since they don't have the fan fare. You said they do and tried to give me HOME sales instead of overall sales and just ignore the whole TV thing. Truth is the truth.

And the fake fighting going on is making it go south. And now that Crosby is looking like he may never be what he was suppose to be - theres no doubt that general attendance and TV ratings have been down since he was on top of the game...
    [/quote]

OK, dont clown yourself by bringing nascar into it

You live in NEW YORK as well so dont act like you're Captain America

You dont like hockey so obviously you're biased to this discussion just like I am

Truth is truth, hockey has a better following attendance wise, there are more cities in the USA that sellout 100 &amp; 99% of their games in the NHL than the NBA and you seem to ignore that fact

Fake fighting???

And other than your opinion there's nothing that says crosby being hurt has hurt the NHL's popularity
    [/quote]

i would have to say that per are debates here I have a better grasp of how Hockey is viewed. The only talking point you have is HOME sellouts. You won't even look at OVERALL sellouts, total sales, or TV ratings.

IF there is one thing America does, it milks any dime out of any interest it gets. Hockey doesn't make that money - for a reason.

And I brought up Nascar just to piss you off

I don't like hockey, but I also dont like MMA. This isn't a personal opinion debate, its a factual debate

anbd yea, that fake fighting that went on before the Devils-Rangers game was weaaaakkk....

talk about trying to market your game. Those guys had no desire to fight and barely tried throwing punches, they just dropped their gloves and it was all entertainment. A very big WWE feel to it

speaking of which, im going to Wrestlemania lol
    [/quote]I admitted that TV numbers were better for the NBA, you on the other hand cant realize that the NHL has more cities that sellout on a consistent basis and whenever I bring that up you bring up TV numbers or road attendance (you deny anything that opposes you argument while I can admit if something is true and opposes my stance)

You may not think personal opinion isnt in this debate but it is. It was ever since you called hockey 'boring' which is your preception. Like pizz said before people dont watch something cause its 'boring' it may be cause they dont understand it or a plethora of other reasons.

Yes, there are 'staged' fights, but there are ALOT of real fights where the players actually HATE each other. You see NJ's superstar Kovalchuk WHOOP THE CRAP outta that guy on the Flyers thats not fake, his teammate got cheapshotted and the leading scorer on the team drops the gloves AND takes off his helmet (ultimate manliness sign of respect for the game)

Oh snap you goin to RASSLEMANIA!?!?!? I dont even know who's still throwing down in the squared circle
    [/quote]

If sports fans aren't into a sport its because they bore them - no?

IF the sport DIDNT bore them - they would watch it because they are sports fans.

No THEY DONT have more sellouts. You can't look at only home games in this debate. It hurts your argument because it shows how one dimensional it is.
    I know there are real fights, but that NJ-NY puck drop fight was too awful for me to ignore... i thought Jimmy Superfly Snuka was going to hop off the glass and drop an elbow...

lol yea amandas brother is all into it. As soon as Metlife announced they were doing it he texted me/
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"]So I went to the Dollar Tree last nite with a few of my boys to check
    out the $1 Super Bowl 46 Programs and we nearly bought the store out of
    em. Call your local Dollar Tree and see if they got em

[/quote]
    I can't believe Ed was selling them for $10 on Facebook. Maaaaan

[quote user="dezzzR"]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

lol, thank you for recognizing Poughkeepsie as a downstate city. I'm tired of ppl considering anything more than 30 mins from the city "upstate"...its hard to defend.
    to me, upstate is north of albany.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread