+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Infact they draw better at home than the Rangers draw at home
    [/quote]
    There's not much to do up there besides eat wings. Especially when there is no football.

You could also factor into the argument populations in cities and areas but that would take a while. I just find it strange that Buffalo sells out more than NY since the amount of people are probably alot different in the cities.

Places with more people should always sell out either sport. Memphis Grizzlies for example. They are a really good team with good players but I saw a game the other day with the attendance around 4,000. That is embarrassing. I know that place is poor as **** but still....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]how do you know more ranger fans dont live near the city. maybe more live upstate.
    after the rangers won we spray painted a rink on our street and over 20 kids would play everyday after school for the next 3 -4 years. cant say the same thing after the yanks won in 96
    [/quote]</p>

I'm live upstate (at least by city dweller/borough standards), and as a Giants fan, and Yankee, i've gone to parades, stadiums, etc...so is that your argument? ppl dont go?
    ehh...it's poor argument anyway, so i dont know what it has to do with anything. lol</p>[/quote]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

and im pretty sure those upstate are more interested in the Buffalo Sabers or a team close to them no?

Besides, its not the most populated of areas the more north u go into NY state
    [/quote]rangers were around long before the sabers so id say theres more ranger fans. didnt you or lando say the more north, cold and closer to canada the more popular hockey is?
    [/quote]

yup

and im pretty sure anybody up there hates the city

they feel they are the REAL new york

have u ever met a Buffalo Bills fan?
    <u>
    I mean its like saying that south jersey should be Giants fans because they've been around a long time and play in jersey - but south jersey is clearly eagle country</u>
    [/quote]thats a completely different scenario and you know it. the giants have played in three different states. philly is literally right next to boarder of south jersey. again, rangers have been around much, much longer than the sabres.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"]OH YO DEZZY DEZZ!!!!!!

So I went to the Dollar Tree last nite with a few of my boys to check
    out the $1 Super Bowl 46 Programs and we nearly bought the store out of
    em. Call your local Dollar Tree and see if they got em

The closest one to me in Central Islip didnt have em, but we called the
    store in Copaigue and they had a TON of em. Im prolly going back today
    to another store, LOL

Thought my fellow LI Giants fan would like to know the low down
    [/quote]pretty sure theres one in garden city and maybe union dale. the programs nice?
    [/quote]Its 250pages of BEAUTY!!!!!
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV
    [/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.
    [/quote]In SLC its Channel 34

NBC Sports SLC TV Listing
    [/quote]
    I was speaking about at the bars or restaurants. Everyone knows what channel it's on. Basic cable and they still don't show it.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    i dunno...

i mean the knicks were having problems Melo and Amare pre-lin...

now lin is there it is actually leaving chandler as the beneficiary. Now also Lin is another guy that can score. Amare is still a superstar and now you have to incorporate Melo and JR Smith who are two huge ball hogs

i dunno, i mean just the idea of adding a talent like smith is good but im just not sure it can work...

I mean im sure everybody would love having Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Hakeem Nicks as your receiving core - but in reality how do u keep them all happy?
    [/quote]</P>

I would play Smith when Melo and Amare are on the bench...maybe Lin/bibby + Smith + Chandler....</P>

that's a pretty good 2nd team, what do you think? lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I mean im sure everybody would love having Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Hakeem Nicks as your receiving core - but in reality how do u keep them all happy?
    [/quote]
    With Eli Manning duh

If sports fans aren't into a sport its because they bore them - no?

IF the sport DIDNT bore them - they would watch it because they are sports fans.

No THEY DONT have more sellouts. You can't look at only home games in this debate. It hurts your argument because it shows how one dimensional it is.
    I know there are real fights, but that NJ-NY puck drop fight was too awful for me to ignore... i thought Jimmy Superfly Snuka was going to hop off the glass and drop an elbow...

lol yea amandas brother is all into it. As soon as Metlife announced they were doing it he texted me/
    [/quote]There are sports that Im not into cause I dont understand them, not cause they're 'boring' there's no way for you to tell that

YES THEY DO have more sellouts, we can debate this all day but it doesnt change the numbers, you cant even admit you're wrong even when the numbers are in your face, you just pass over the facts that are in my favor. I on the other hand admit that the NBA has better TV numbers. Hockey fans are more dedicated thats why they sellout more stadiums

There are fake fights every once in a while, but there are MANY reasons why guys drop the gloves, 'fake fights' are a joke even within the NHL

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

lol, thank you for recognizing Poughkeepsie as a downstate city. I'm tired of ppl considering anything more than 30 mins from the city "upstate"...its hard to defend.
    to me, upstate is north of albany.</p>[/quote]Poughkeepsie is the Gateway to Upstate.

Isnt Pkeepsie the last stop on the Metro North?? If you're a downstate town you have public transportation that takes you into NYC, and in my view you're on the cusp

[quote user="JPizzack"]

i dunno...

i mean the knicks were having problems Melo and Amare pre-lin...

now lin is there it is actually leaving chandler as the beneficiary. Now also Lin is another guy that can score. Amare is still a superstar and now you have to incorporate Melo and JR Smith who are two huge ball hogs

i dunno, i mean just the idea of adding a talent like smith is good but im just not sure it can work...

I mean im sure everybody would love having Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Hakeem Nicks as your receiving core - but in reality how do u keep them all happy?
    [/quote]</p>

I would play Smith when Melo and Amare are on the bench...maybe Lin/bibby + Smith + Chandler....</p>

that's a pretty good 2nd team, what do you think? lol</p>[/quote]

except for the bibby part lol...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I mean im sure everybody would love having Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Hakeem Nicks as your receiving core - but in reality how do u keep them all happy?
    [/quote]
    With Eli Manning duh
    [/quote]lol.

did any of you watch the highlight reel LT put up? it 40 mins long. Eli and our wrs are incredible. its so exciting to watch them

+ Reply to Thread