+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV
    [/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.
    [/quote]In SLC its Channel 34

NBC Sports SLC TV Listing
    [/quote]
    I was speaking about at the bars or restaurants. Everyone knows what channel it's on. Basic cable and they still don't show it.
    [/quote]
    thats not basic cable...

NBC Sports is a new channel which use to be Versus
    [/quote]Im almost 100% sure that IS included in basic cable, just like TNT is...
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.

[/quote]
    I was speaking about at the bars or restaurants. Everyone knows what channel it's on. Basic cable and they still don't show it.
    [/quote]Really, cause you were acting like that channel didnt exist in Utah, and they show EVERY playoff game... How bout next time you're at the bar YOU ask them to put on the game!!!!

Anyone else need to know what channel their National NHL games will be on??
    [/quote]

i dont think versus was basic cable...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I mean im sure everybody would love having Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Hakeem Nicks as your receiving core - but in reality how do u keep them all happy?
    [/quote]
    With Eli Manning duh
    [/quote]lol.

did any of you watch the highlight reel LT put up? it 40 mins long. Eli and our wrs are incredible. its so exciting to watch them
    [/quote]
    I watched the entire thing and loved every second of it. It was ****ing incredible. Eli is a totally different monster than from years past. He is sooooooo much better. I used to cringe when he threw it, now I know it's going to be completed. I have 100% trust in him. Plus when the money is on the line Eli can just kill it. Eli will also be a top 5 Fantasy QB this year.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Its 250pages of BEAUTY!!!!!
    [/quote]
    Boy ya ya ya ya ya ya yoioioioing.

6 to Midnight
    [/quote]The superbowl program at the dollar tree? I was thinking the past 2 nights of stopping by the dollar store to see if they had any decent NYG ****..........or is this the si swimsuit mag?

That 40 minute highlight reel was amazing. Our offense was lethal this year. Very explosive.

So have we all agreed on the importance of Hockey in the state of NY? lol

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

lol, thank you for recognizing Poughkeepsie as a downstate city. I'm tired of ppl considering anything more than 30 mins from the city "upstate"...its hard to defend.
    to me, upstate is north of albany.</P>

[/quote]Poughkeepsie is the Gateway to Upstate.

Isnt Pkeepsie the last stop on the Metro North?? If you're a downstate town you have public transportation that takes you into NYC, and in my view you're on the cusp
    [/quote]</P>

it is, yea....which is AWESOME because we have the express line to yankees stadium, thanks to my neighboor who is Head Scheduler. BOOYA!!!
    which i dont understand, because the tracks keep going.
    WHERE DO THESE MYSTERY TRACKS TAKE PEOPLE!!?!?!? lol
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

lol, thank you for recognizing Poughkeepsie as a downstate city. I'm tired of ppl considering anything more than 30 mins from the city "upstate"...its hard to defend.
    to me, upstate is north of albany.</p>[/quote]

yea but there were other teams close to alot of places in north NY than the Rangers

I doubt there are very many Rangers fans that north i the state. They've had closer franchises that have been around along time. Plus while the Sabers only came in 1970, its still been 40 years - im sure thats long enough to build a fan base.

Infact they draw better at home than the Rangers draw at home
    [/quote]Im almost 100% sure Albany carries MSG and NESN so they have Rangers and Bruins games on TV and Radio
    [/quote]

im sure all of NY does, just by general contract

i would bet even buffalo does as well

but i mean not for nothing, Buffalo sells out more at home than the Rangers do in a similiar capacity stadium with probably 1/5th of the population
    [/quote]I guarantee that you're wrong on that one. Buffalo is much closer to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and a few others that it is to NYC

And you have it wrong, the last time Buffalo had better attendance than NYR was in 07-08 where they sold out 109% of their games and NYR sold out 100%

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Its 250pages of BEAUTY!!!!!
    [/quote]

6 to Midnight
    [/quote]Yeeeeaaa the Rangers program that you're getting isnt 250 pages, sorry man

Kase, there actually is a Dollar Tree near us, i just looked it up and called....
    the girl said they were told they would be getting them, but don't have them yet, and they arent sure when. =\
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Its 250pages of BEAUTY!!!!!
    [/quote]

6 to Midnight
    [/quote]The superbowl program at the dollar tree? I was thinking the past 2 nights of stopping by the dollar store to see if they had any decent NYG ****..........or is this the si swimsuit mag?

That 40 minute highlight reel was amazing. Our offense was lethal this year. Very explosive.

So have we all agreed on the importance of Hockey in the state of NY? lol[/quote]

Im not sure if its ALL dollar stores, or just 'Dollar Tree' stores, but the Dollar Tree near me had a TON of them and they were at the registers. Me and my 2 buddies bought 2 boxes worth and it felt like we were robbing them blind, we couldnt help but laugh HYSTERICALLY as we walked out the door

The way the debate is going, me and Matt will NEVER agree

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    thats not basic cable...

NBC Sports is a new channel which use to be Versus
    [/quote]Im almost 100% sure that IS included in basic cable, just like TNT is...
    [/quote]

In October 2005, Versus elected not to provide NHL coverage to a number of distributors, including EchoStar (Dish Network) and Cablevision,
    both of which refused Comcast's request to place Versus on a much
    higher-penetration package. During this time, NHL coverage was blacked
    out on these systems, replaced with other programming. It was believed
    that the reason behind these blackouts had to do with a penalty fee that
    Comcast would have had to pay the NHL if they did not significantly
    increase their distribution.<sup class="Template-Fact" style="white-space:nowrap;">[<span title="This claim needs references to reliable sources from April 2010">citation needed</span>]</sup></p>

While Cablevision eventually came to an agreement making OLN/Versus
    available to any customer with digital cable, EchoStar retaliated by
    pulling OLN from its service; it was Dish Network's stance that few of
    its customers would be willing to have the channel if it meant raising
    rates. On April 24, 2006, the same date that OLN announced the
    late-September name change to Versus, Dish Network and OLN reached a
    long term agreement to restore the channel.</p>

At the beginning of September 2009, DirecTV
    pulled Versus from its lineup, as it was unable to reach terms on a
    rate increase demanded by Comcast. In public statements (including a
    message shown on the channel which formerly carried Versus), DirecTV
    scolded Comcast for its "unfair and outrageous demands", and considered
    the company to be "simply piggish" in its demands for higher rates, as
    it described Versus as "a paid programming and infomercial channel with occasional sporting events."<sup id="cite_ref-33" class="reference"><span>[</span>34<span>]</span></sup>
    On March 15, 2010 an agreement was reached between the sides and Versus
    returned to DirecTV's lineup. The channel was returned to its original
    package on the service, Choice Xtra.<sup id="cite_ref-resolution_34-0" class="reference"><span>[</span>35<span>]</span></sup></p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

got that off wiki, i knew there was something up with versus i remember hearing about it not showing hockey games
    <sup id="cite_ref-resolution_34-0" class="reference"></sup></p>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread