+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Looks like a full fledged MJ vs. Larry fight on FB with Sharieff and his buddies.</P>

Morehead is the man.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Looks like a full fledged MJ vs. Larry fight on FB with Sharieff and his buddies.</P>

Morehead is the man.</P>

[/quote]</P>

There is no arguement. Ever.
    MJ is the greatest of all time, by a longshot.
    End. Story. Game. Set. Match. Point. or whatever.
    It's ova soljah, toldjaaaaaa</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]THANK GOD we are getting rid of Burnett! I'm glad we're even getting 2 prospects for him.
    I would take Damon back in a heartbeat as DH. Ibanez and Matsui, not a ****ing chance.

Plus I read the other day that DAMONIC is dying to be back in pinstripes, and is upset talks havent started already lol.[/quote]i like johnny, i really do, but his average has never been that great. yanks need a hitter.
    [/quote]</p>

<u>Teams dont part ways with guys who have 310 batting averages....</u>
    I dont know what you think youre going to get.
    You have 2 options: Young infield, and moving A-rod or Jeter...
    Or
    Aging vet with some pop who can still get it done....

</p>[/quote]thats why we buy them[]i hear that but yanks have enough streaky power hitters. its time to look for a guy or two that hits for avg. Yanks would be unstoppable.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

The Pittsburgh Pirates and New York Yankees are on the verge of completing a trade that would send right-hander A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh and are expecting to take the proposal to the commissioner's office Friday for approval, sources said.</P>

The Pirates are expected to send a pair of prospects to the Yankees, sources said. </P>

The approval is needed because of the money involved, <U>as<FONT color=#0000ff> the Yankees will eat about $20 million of the $33 million</FONT> still owed Burnett for the last two seasons of his contract, sources said.</U></P>

As a Yankee the past three seasons, Burnett is 34-35 with a 4.79 ERA. He is 121-111 with a 4.10 ERA in 13 seasons with the Yankees, Blue Jays and Marlins. </P>

As soon as the Burnett deal is done, the Yankees will begin the aggressive pursuit of a veteran designated hitter, sources said. </P>

Sources said that there is a good deal of sentiment within the Yankees organization to go after Raul Ibanez -- who wants to play for the team -- to be their designated hitter against right-handers, partly because they believe he can give them some days of outfield play. </P>

Although Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui are also available, they are generally regarded as unplayable defensively, sources said.</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>
    </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>OUCH!!!</FONT>
    </P>

[/quote]oohhhh morehead[]
    [/quote]</P>

I give the Yanks 84 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

This coming from a guy who wins predictions for the Red Sox last yearlessened by the month. </P>

</P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]THANK GOD we are getting rid of Burnett! I'm glad we're even getting 2 prospects for him.
    I would take Damon back in a heartbeat as DH. Ibanez and Matsui, not a ****ing chance.

Plus I read the other day that DAMONIC is dying to be back in pinstripes, and is upset talks havent started already lol.[/quote]i like johnny, i really do, but his average has never been that great. yanks need a hitter.
    [/quote]</P>

Teams dont part ways with guys who have 310 batting averages....
    Or

</P>

[/quote]We def need some help behind Arod and Jeter, they're up there in age and wont last forever like we all hope. Id rather look at and build a young infield while theyre still playing and by the time they hang em up, we'll have a young infield all around based around Robbie Cano
    [/quote]</P>

I'm starting to like Nunez at SS. He struggled defensively. but got alot better. and the games he played when The Captain was on the DL, he had some timely hitting and stepped up his game.
    Pena on the other hand.....ehhh....we need another option for 3rd....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Looks like a full fledged MJ vs. Larry fight on FB with Sharieff and his buddies.</p>

Morehead is the man.</p>[/quote]yuupp its almost baseball season. mhs ridiculous predictions are here already.

edit: meant to quote the 84 wins.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

<U>Teams dont part ways with guys who have 310 batting averages....</U>
    Or

</P>

[/quote]thats why we buy them[]i hear that but yanks have enough streaky power hitters. its time to look for a guy or two that hits for avg. Yanks would be unstoppable.
    [/quote]</P>

well thats why i was against giving up Montero. We have to KEEP the young guys who are going to develop the bats for us.
    I swear I'll flip the **** out if Pineda doesnt win at least 16 games, and Montero ends up studly in Seattle.
    AND I ACTUALLY LIKE SEATTLE!!!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

The Pittsburgh Pirates and New York Yankees are on the verge of completing a trade that would send right-hander A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh and are expecting to take the proposal to the commissioner's office Friday for approval, sources said.</P>

The Pirates are expected to send a pair of prospects to the Yankees, sources said. </P>

The approval is needed because of the money involved, <U>as<FONT color=#0000ff> the Yankees will eat about $20 million of the $33 million</FONT> still owed Burnett for the last two seasons of his contract, sources said.</U></P>

As a Yankee the past three seasons, Burnett is 34-35 with a 4.79 ERA. He is 121-111 with a 4.10 ERA in 13 seasons with the Yankees, Blue Jays and Marlins. </P>

As soon as the Burnett deal is done, the Yankees will begin the aggressive pursuit of a veteran designated hitter, sources said. </P>

Sources said that there is a good deal of sentiment within the Yankees organization to go after Raul Ibanez -- who wants to play for the team -- to be their designated hitter against right-handers, partly because they believe he can give them some days of outfield play. </P>

Although Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui are also available, they are generally regarded as unplayable defensively, sources said.</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>
    </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>OUCH!!!</FONT>
    </P>

[/quote]oohhhh morehead[]
    [/quote]</P>

I give the Yanks 84 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

This coming from a guy who wins predictions for the Red Sox last yearlessened by the month. </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

<u>Teams dont part ways with guys who have 310 batting averages....</u>
    Or

</p>

[/quote]thats why we buy them[]i hear that but yanks have enough streaky power hitters. its time to look for a guy or two that hits for avg. Yanks would be unstoppable.
    [/quote]</p>

well thats why i was against giving up Montero. We have to KEEP the young guys who are going to develop the bats for us.
    I swear I'll flip the **** out if Pineda doesnt win at least 16 games, and Montero ends up studly in Seattle.
    AND I ACTUALLY LIKE SEATTLE!!!!</p>[/quote]yea i wasnt really crazy about that move either but well see.

[quote user="Morehead State"]I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.[/quote]</P>

Yankees, 102 wins.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread