+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

The Pittsburgh Pirates and New York Yankees are on the verge of completing a trade that would send right-hander A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh and are expecting to take the proposal to the commissioner's office Friday for approval, sources said.</P>

The Pirates are expected to send a pair of prospects to the Yankees, sources said. </P>

The approval is needed because of the money involved, <U>as<FONT color=#0000ff> the Yankees will eat about $20 million of the $33 million</FONT> still owed Burnett for the last two seasons of his contract, sources said.</U></P>

As a Yankee the past three seasons, Burnett is 34-35 with a 4.79 ERA. He is 121-111 with a 4.10 ERA in 13 seasons with the Yankees, Blue Jays and Marlins. </P>

As soon as the Burnett deal is done, the Yankees will begin the aggressive pursuit of a veteran designated hitter, sources said. </P>

Sources said that there is a good deal of sentiment within the Yankees organization to go after Raul Ibanez -- who wants to play for the team -- to be their designated hitter against right-handers, partly because they believe he can give them some days of outfield play. </P>

Although Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui are also available, they are generally regarded as unplayable defensively, sources said.</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>
    </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>OUCH!!!</FONT>
    </P>

[/quote]oohhhh morehead[]
    [/quote]</P>

I give the Yanks 84 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

This coming from a guy who wins predictions for the Red Sox last yearlessened by the month. </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I am sorry I don't make predictions. </P>

I guess as you say I don't have the balls.</P>

But you say the Yankees will have 84 wins, what are your prediction for the Red Sox? </P>

Bear in mind, they gave up with a manager who gave your franchise 2 world series titles. But now they will give full effort all season to Bobby Valentine? </P>

</P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.[/quote]</P>

Yankees, 102 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You were humiliated into making that call. No one takes it seriously. You're just being a Morehead Wannabe now.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

The Pittsburgh Pirates and New York Yankees are on the verge of completing a trade that would send right-hander A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh and are expecting to take the proposal to the commissioner's office Friday for approval, sources said.</P>

The Pirates are expected to send a pair of prospects to the Yankees, sources said. </P>

The approval is needed because of the money involved, <U>as<FONT color=#0000ff> the Yankees will eat about $20 million of the $33 million</FONT> still owed Burnett for the last two seasons of his contract, sources said.</U></P>

As a Yankee the past three seasons, Burnett is 34-35 with a 4.79 ERA. He is 121-111 with a 4.10 ERA in 13 seasons with the Yankees, Blue Jays and Marlins. </P>

As soon as the Burnett deal is done, the Yankees will begin the aggressive pursuit of a veteran designated hitter, sources said. </P>

Sources said that there is a good deal of sentiment within the Yankees organization to go after Raul Ibanez -- who wants to play for the team -- to be their designated hitter against right-handers, partly because they believe he can give them some days of outfield play. </P>

Although Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui are also available, they are generally regarded as unplayable defensively, sources said.</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>
    </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>OUCH!!!</FONT>
    </P>

[/quote]oohhhh morehead[]
    [/quote]</P>

I give the Yanks 84 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

This coming from a guy who wins predictions for the Red Sox last yearlessened by the month. </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I am sorry I don't make predictions. </P>

I guess as you say I don't have the balls.</P>

But you say the Yankees will have 84 wins, what are your prediction for the Red Sox? </P>

Bear in mind, they gave up with a manager who gave your franchise 2 world series titles. But now they will give full effort all season to Bobby Valentine? </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Still waiting to see how things shake out in Ft. Myers. To be announced at a later date.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.[/quote]</P>

Yankees, 102 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You were humiliated into making that call. No one takes it seriously. You're just being a Morehead Wannabe now.</P>

[/quote]</P>

why would I be humiliated? I have the better team. And I remind you of that all year.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I was on pace for 101 until the collapse. Morehead puts himself out there. All you guys love to knock someone else's predictions but don't has the balls to make one yourself.[/quote]</p>

Yankees, 102 wins.</p>

[/quote]</p>

You were humiliated into making that call. No one takes it seriously. You're just being a Morehead Wannabe now.</p>[/quote]
    What's new

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Yankees, 102 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]
    What's new
    [/quote]</P>

I know Lando. Its flattering really.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

NotoriousOHM <span class="timeline">Ohm Youngmisuk</span>

Fave
    moment from WWE yesterday: Someone asked The Rock if he can give the
    People's Eyebrow. "I cannot. I can give you a slap in the face."

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Yankees, 102 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]
    What's new
    [/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

You want to be a Yankee fan so bad.
    Your team hasn't even made it to the playoffs since 09......09 where you were swept by the Angels in the first round, if you recall? The was the year the Yankees won the World Series, if you needed a reminder.
    Been a rough couple years in beantown, huh?
    This is the Yankees Millenium....be lucky your team even gets to play in it.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Yankees, 102 wins.</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]
    What's new
    [/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

You want to be a Yankee fan so bad.
    Your team hasn't even made it to the playoffs since 09......09 where you were slept by the Angels in the first round, if you recall? The was the year the Yankees won the World Series, if you needed a reminder.
    Been a rough couple years in beantown, huh?
    This is the Yankees Millenium....be lucky your team even gets to play in it.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Your copying my lines is just more flattery thrown my way.</P>

Thank you Pizz. You love me........you really love me!!!.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Thank you Pizz. You love me........you really love me!!!.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I do.
    And you love me. And we love the Giants.
    But everything else; you want to live through me vicariously. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread