+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Someone please say something interesting.</p>

Anything!!!!!</p>

[/quote]So who/what position do you guys want us to target in the draft this year??

Im torn in the 1st few rounds, I feel like Eli doesnt need a crazy TE like Allen or Fleener cause he makes decent guys like Boss and Ballard look damned good, then again Eli with a nasty Graham-type TE would be insane

I would really like for us to look at a OT or CB in the 1st, if we have a nasty RT to step in and help out immediatley then our run game can be brought back to prominence. Then again we dont know what we're gonna have in T2 if he comes back so maybe drafting a CB like Jenkins or Kirkpatrick who is destine to drop in the draft would be a nice idea

[/quote]

We have so many different ways we can go...

if we don't get something done with Osi, do we trade him and maybe look at a DE if he falls?

How bout OLine? Can Boothe play RT? Are we going to go with Petrus? Tackle is a positon we could look at.

Theres a good chance we lose Phillips next year becuase of the cap hell we're in, do we get a saftey now if we have value?

LBer is always in the mix.

How bout a TE?

CB is a def possibility with Ross and T2 up in the air. I'd be surprised if we were able to retain either of them

its so impossible to determine right now.
    [/quote]</p>

Can't believe we would go TE since its not a position of high exposure in our system.</p>

I'd like to see OL or some kind of playmaking LB. Give me some speed on defense.</p>

[/quote]

what do u guys think of moving boothe to RT so Petrus could play LG

I mean hes big enough
    [/quote]I dont think Boothe can handle the speed rushers he's gonna face on the outside. He seems to play well inside, I dont know how he'd do on his own on an island with some of the nasty outside rushers we face in the NFC East. He has the size to play on the outside, I dont know if he's got that lateral quickness and agility to play the outside

[/quote]

so then it would be just like having McKenzie except alot cheaper lol
    [/quote]</p>

I can see us either resigning KM at a much lower rate, or signing a vet RT. Boothe seems like a terrible choice to play RT. I can see us drafting another O lineman very early though but it depends on how the draft shakes out.</p>

We don't have a lot of glairing needs on this team so we can definately build through the draft without reaching for players.</p>[/quote]If we dont resign anyone IMO our glaring needs would be (in no order of importance)

TE
    RT
    CB
    MLB
    DE
    DT
    P
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Anything!!!!!</p>

[/quote]So who/what position do you guys want us to target in the draft this year??

Im torn in the 1st few rounds, I feel like Eli doesnt need a crazy TE like Allen or Fleener cause he makes decent guys like Boss and Ballard look damned good, then again Eli with a nasty Graham-type TE would be insane

I would really like for us to look at a OT or CB in the 1st, if we have a nasty RT to step in and help out immediatley then our run game can be brought back to prominence. Then again we dont know what we're gonna have in T2 if he comes back so maybe drafting a CB like Jenkins or Kirkpatrick who is destine to drop in the draft would be a nice idea

[/quote]

if we don't get something done with Osi, do we trade him and maybe look at a DE if he falls?

How bout OLine? Can Boothe play RT? Are we going to go with Petrus? Tackle is a positon we could look at.

Theres a good chance we lose Phillips next year becuase of the cap hell we're in, do we get a saftey now if we have value?

How bout a TE?

CB is a def possibility with Ross and T2 up in the air. I'd be surprised if we were able to retain either of them

[/quote]</p>

Can't believe we would go TE since its not a position of high exposure in our system.</p>

I'd like to see OL or some kind of playmaking LB. Give me some speed on defense.</p>[/quote]

I mean hes big enough
    [/quote]I dont think Boothe can handle the speed rushers he's gonna face on the outside. He seems to play well inside, I dont know how he'd do on his own on an island with some of the nasty outside rushers we face in the NFC East. He has the size to play on the outside, I dont know if he's got that lateral quickness and agility to play the outside

[/quote]

[/quote]Well Suge Knight WAS a damned good run blocker, but this season he fell off DRASTICALLY and honestly the youth is the way of the future. I want an OL that will be together for years upon years, not interchangable guys each season, we need continuity
    [/quote]

Booth is only 28 though

And if there is a value at tackle i would love that as well - but I dunno..

Reese is going to have to work his magic these next two years

Hes painted himself in the corner by being too good of a drafter (which is ironic) but i guess thats why he has two ring blings
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Anything!!!!!</p>

[/quote]

How bout a TE?

[/quote]Well I havent even begun to look or even think of DE's but we know JR and he could very well draft a DE in the 1st as insurance

With the OL and Boothe, I really like him at OG or C, then again I really like Petrus on the inside as well. As long as Snee can pick his game up next season then Petrus will have to keep warm on the sidelines cause Boothe showed that he should be starting and I feel like we have to keep Baas starting cause of what we payed for his dumbass

In respect to LB, I think we're ok there as long as we sign Goff. We have some nice depth with Chase, JQ Williams, Herzlich, Greg Jones, IMO this year we should pass on an LB..... Unless its that dude Vontaze Burfict from Arizona St, that guy plays like a serial murderer on the field, and I heard he's a ghost off the field, no problems or nothing... Just a nut case on the field, LOL

Im still not sold on TE, but if we got Allen or Fleener I wouldnt be devistated

I think Ross will be gone, and we'll sign T2... Then again thats my hopeful thinking, and I feel like with the league is heading, CBs are the new pass rushers, its never bad to have too many good ones
    [/quote]

we're in bad cap hell though... its going to be hard to really sign/resign anybody..

I think T2 is going to price himself out of what the Giants will offer

I know he was looking for 4-5 mil a year...

I can't see us willing or even capable of doing it...

Plus honestly KP is a FA next year....

We're just going to be worse off next year (unless we decide to not lock up Nicks or Cruz)
    [/quote]jacobs, rolle and canty need to take a pay cut. elis making 20 million this year....
    [/quote]ALOT of guys need to take a pay cut.... Maybe even Eli could re-restructure his monstorous contract
    [/quote]</p>

Webby and Jacobs for sure. I thought BJ would be gone but now I think we could keep him with a pay cut. He goes with Bradshaw. They really are better with the other guy on the team. But drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds is a definate possibility.</p>[/quote]Jacobs is the ultimate team player, he restructured multiple times and is willing to do it again for the good of the team, I still dont understand why people dont like him, cause he shows emotion on the field??

RBs are 12 for 10 cents, as long as we have a nasty OL we can have Daven as our starting RB and still do damned good

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Anything!!!!!</p>

[/quote]

How bout a TE?

[/quote]</p>

I'd like to see OL or some kind of playmaking LB. Give me some speed on defense.</p>

[/quote]

I mean hes big enough

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I can see us either resigning KM at a much lower rate, or signing a vet RT. Boothe seems like a terrible choice to play RT. I can see us drafting another O lineman very early though but it depends on how the draft shakes out.</p>

We don't have a lot of glairing needs on this team so we can definately build through the draft without reaching for players.</p>[/quote]If we dont resign anyone IMO our glaring needs would be (in no order of importance)

TE
    RT
    CB
    MLB
    DE
    DT
    P
    [/quote]

you can throw OLB on there as well

Kiwi is a FA after this year too

god knows how that is going to play out for us
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Someone please say something interesting.</P>

Anything!!!!!</P>

[/quote]

How bout a TE?

[/quote]</P>

Can't believe we would go TE since its not a position of high exposure in our system.</P>

I'd like to see OL or some kind of playmaking LB. Give me some speed on defense.</P>

[/quote]

I mean hes big enough

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I can see us either resigning KM at a much lower rate, or signing a vet RT. Boothe seems like a terrible choice to play RT. I can see us drafting another O lineman very early though but it depends on how the draft shakes out.</P>

We don't have a lot of glairing needs on this team so we can definately build through the draft without reaching for players.</P>

[/quote]If we dont resign anyone IMO our glaring needs would be (in no order of importance)

TE
    RT
    CB
    MLB
    DE
    DT
    P
    [/quote]</P>

Goff should be back at MLB. I don't see CB as a huge problem either but I can see us drafting one late or signing a vet to be a back up or nickle. RT should be addressed in free agency with a mid level, cheap vet. DE and DT are very solid with what we have, including the possiblity of Kiwi coming back to DE and Austin coming back.</P>

I think we need speed at LB. We need OL and we need RB. But I see JR going with BPA throughout the draft. And I expect us to trade Osi on drtaft day for a 3rd or 4th rounder.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Anything!!!!!</p>

[/quote]

How bout a TE?

[/quote]</p>

I'd like to see OL or some kind of playmaking LB. Give me some speed on defense.</p>[/quote]

I mean hes big enough

[/quote]

[/quote]Well Suge Knight WAS a damned good run blocker, but this season he fell off DRASTICALLY and honestly the youth is the way of the future. I want an OL that will be together for years upon years, not interchangable guys each season, we need continuity
    [/quote]

Booth is only 28 though

And if there is a value at tackle i would love that as well - but I dunno..

Reese is going to have to work his magic these next two years

Hes painted himself in the corner by being too good of a drafter (which is ironic) but i guess thats why he has two ring blings
    [/quote]There are a few REAL nice OT's in this draft who played against top competition and have to fall a lil bit in the draft like Jon Martin from Stamford or Mike Adams from Ohio State

[quote user="Morehead State"]Remind me why this is important?[/quote]
    Because someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong. Not everyone can be right all the time like you sir.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Anything!!!!!</p>

[/quote]

How bout a TE?

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

I mean hes big enough

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

We don't have a lot of glairing needs on this team so we can definately build through the draft without reaching for players.</p>

[/quote]If we dont resign anyone IMO our glaring needs would be (in no order of importance)

TE
    RT
    CB
    MLB
    DE
    DT
    P
    [/quote]</p>

Goff should be back at MLB. I don't see CB as a huge problem either but I can see us drafting one late or signing a vet to be a back up or nickle. RT should be addressed in free agency with a mid level, cheap vet. DE and DT are very solid with what we have, including the possiblity of Kiwi coming back to DE and Austin coming back.</p>

I think we need speed at LB. We need OL and we need RB. But I see JR going with BPA throughout the draft. And I expect us to trade Osi on drtaft day for a 3rd or 4th rounder.</p>[/quote]I really think Goff will be back as our MLB for years to come, he was a great on field DC and beastly run stopper, hell even his coverage was getting much much better

Im against us going FA with the OL, I really like bringing guys up in our system, especially with Flaherty as our OL Coach

I have no expectations of Austin, he's been out of football for 2years, I know he has TONS of potential but he hasnt played a down in oh so long

[quote user="bigblue4417"][/quote]