+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    you lose automatically for referencing that site.

PFF? your better than that

they also said preseason that JPP was statistically the worst DE in tyhe league last year and that Rolle was the worst Saftey in the league this year...

awful kase, just awful site references
    [/quote]Id LOVE to see the link where they say that JPP was the worst DE in the league, thats just laughable

Rolle didnt have a great season (playing out of position half of the time) but there's no way he was the worst Safety in the league

If you're gonna make these claims how bout you back it up with facts and links rather than opinions, I make my claims and back them up with factsm links and numbers, you back your claims up with more claims and opinions
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]Diehl has allowed 22 sacks in 3 seasons himself
    Beatty allowed 5 sacks in 3 seasons

[/quote]</P>

4 times as many games played....4 times as many sacks allowed</P>

LAWYERED!!!!</P>

[/quote]Diehl played 44 games in 3 seasons
    Beatty played 34 games in 3 seasons

if you think 44 is 4x as many games as 34 then you need to write a letter to the Poughkeepsie Public School System and ask for your childhood back

But yes, in 3 seasons Diehl has almost 4x as many sacks allowed as Beatty
    [/quote]</P>

games started.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Diehl is a great team player, and I want him to retire here, but we have better LT options on our team, and his name is Will Beatty
    [/quote]

i'm sorry but Diehl and Beatty are pretty equal in pass protection

They are not very equal in run blocking or staying healthy.
    [/quote]OK now you're just pulling stuff out of your wahzoo

Beatty is leaps and bounds better at pass protection
    Diehl is better at run blocking

Diehl has also been in the league 9 years and still cant step up his pass protection, Beatty has gotten better and better with his run blocking <font color="#0000ff">each season that he started

</font>
    [/quote]</p>

soooooo a few games here and there?? lol....you make it sound like they guy has played a ton of football for us, and that he has started alot. apparently he has started 16 games for us. the first 2 years only as a necessity.
    I'm not knocking on the guy. I think he did play well, but it's a relatively small sample size: 16 out of 48 games.</p>[/quote]1st season didnt play
    2nd season played a decent amount
    3rd season our starting LT and gets injured 10 games into the season

Not a ton of games, but when he played he played damned good. Take your time guys, ill put this debate on hold if you guy wanna go back and focus on Beatty...... Dont worry, Ill wait
    [/quote]youre trying to say Beatty is better without any facts to back it up.
    [/quote]Diehl has allowed 22 sacks in 3 seasons himself

When it comes to numbers thats about all you'll get from the OL

http://stats.profootballweekly.com/team/giants/roster/

David Diehl finished dead last in the league with a pass blocking
    efficiency rating of 90.4. The pass blocking efficiency rating takes
    into account sacks, quarterback hits allowed, quarterback hurries
    allowed divided by the number of pass blocking snaps. The soon to be
    free agent, Kareem McKenzie, came in only 12 slots better in overall
    ranking with a 92.7 efficiency ratio. Finally, Will Beatty, in his
    first year as starting LT, came in 50<sup>th</sup> out of 75 with a 93.6 rating.
    - http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nsive-tackles/

But I know that Matt wont take those stats seriously he hates PFF

...But as you guys all know Im just making this all up out of thin air
    [/quote]

why don't you average out games played at tackle vs games played period

And i'm sorry, but two years ago when he got to come in as the unbalanced tight end doesn't really count in this debate. If your trying to make the stats argument thats fine... but ur not going to include games where he got in on plays... Average out sacks given up at the tackle position vs passing snaps at the tackle position....

whats with u and the general weak statistical arguments lately
    [/quote]Weak arguments cause they go against what you believe in?!?!?!

PLEASE, Diehl is consistently rated THEE worst OT in the NFL as well as THEE worst OG in the NFL this past season and you guys still think he's great!?!?!?!

Well cause I have no way of telling how many games he played OT and how many times he came in as en extra blocking TE, do you???
    [/quote]

well pretty much ALL of the 2010 season. I think he played like 2 games at the actual TACKLE position.

He had a PUTRID year at the Guard position and if we were talking about the guard positio i'd agree with you, but we're not

Since Diehl moved to tackle our offensive averaged 50 more yards a game, .8 more yards per carry, and .7 sacks LESS per game.

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[/quote]</p>

4 times as many games played....4 times as many sacks allowed</p>

LAWYERED!!!!</p>[/quote]Diehl played 44 games in 3 seasons

if you think 44 is 4x as many games as 34 then you need to write a letter to the Poughkeepsie Public School System and ask for your childhood back

[/quote]pizz, what bank do you work at so i know never to bank there? []

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    you lose automatically for referencing that site.

PFF? your better than that

they also said preseason that JPP was statistically the worst DE in tyhe league last year and that Rolle was the worst Saftey in the league this year...

awful kase, just awful site references
    [/quote]Id LOVE to see the link where they say that JPP was the worst DE in the league, thats just laughable

Rolle didnt have a great season (playing out of position half of the time) but there's no way he was the worst Safety in the league

If you're gonna make these claims how bout you back it up with facts and links rather than opinions, I make my claims and back them up with factsm links and numbers, you back your claims up with more claims and opinions
    [/quote]

it was all over the TAGF preseason

I looked for it but couldn't find it again...

I am just disputing your facts. Mentioning games played has no real bearing on judging what you want to be judged.

go do the math of games started at tackle, or even plays played on protection..

The fact that you would give Beatty credit for that many games obviously jades those stats.

There are no real stats for things like this. Thats why PFF is so successful, because they try and i commend them for that. I actually appreciate their effort and what they accomplish, but they are dramatically off on alot of what they say.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

4 times as many games played....4 times as many sacks allowed</P>

LAWYERED!!!!</P>

[/quote]pizz, what bank do you work at so i know never to bank there? []
    [/quote]</P>

again, someone is just assuming that Beatty played nearly as many snaps as Diehl, which he did not....in ANY season.
    My stat was for games started....just like Kase said earlier (wrong)....so take it or leave it. Beatty isnt some amazing LT</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[/quote]</p>

4 times as many games played....4 times as many sacks allowed</p>

LAWYERED!!!!</p>[/quote]Diehl played 44 games in 3 seasons

[/quote]

thats just a complete hype of numbers and doesn't represent the argument at hand at all...

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and also while we're on the subject since when is SACKS the only stat that we're interested in mentioning about pass protection?

[/quote]Sacks ISNT the only stat, its the easiest to find and its the only other one available other than the stats on PFF, but you disagree with their numbers, LOL
    [/quote]I dont like that particular article because it averaged everything. They might as well avg the receiving and passing yards into it as well....
    [/quote]WTF, well I dont like mustard and califlower that doesnt mean they dont exist in the real world

It was an article about pass protection efficency, just cause it goes against your arguments doesnt mean its BS or fake or whatever you guys are trying to say
    [/quote]I just dont like averaging numbers. Anything can be added to make one look better or worse.
    Look at the stat with Deihl at guard on 280 snaps. He only gave up pressure a little over 10% of the time. Thats good. The article shot itself in the foot with that one imo

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and also while we're on the subject since when is SACKS the only stat that we're interested in mentioning about pass protection?

[/quote]Sacks ISNT the only stat, its the easiest to find and its the only other one available other than the stats on PFF, but you disagree with their numbers, LOL
    [/quote]I dont like that particular article because it averaged everything. They might as well avg the receiving and passing yards into it as well....
    [/quote]

stats don't tell the story unless your measuing fantasy football or rewards type things...

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

<font size="6">4 times as many games played</font>....4 times as many sacks allowed</p>

LAWYERED!!!!</p>

[/quote]</p>

games started.</p>[/quote]Really cause you originally said games played
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

+ Reply to Thread