+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"]Really cause you originally said games played
    [/quote]</P>

I realize that, and i apologize. I was referring back to my original point that in 3 seasons time, Diehl hasstarted44 out of 48 possible games.
    In that same time frame Beatty started 16 games.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Diehl is a great team player, and I want him to retire here, but we have better LT options on our team, and his name is Will Beatty
    [/quote]

i'm sorry but Diehl and Beatty are pretty equal in pass protection

They are not very equal in run blocking or staying healthy.
    [/quote]OK now you're just pulling stuff out of your wahzoo

Beatty is leaps and bounds better at pass protection
    Diehl is better at run blocking

Diehl has also been in the league 9 years and still cant step up his pass protection, Beatty has gotten better and better with his run blocking <font color="#0000ff">each season that he started

</font>
    [/quote]</p>

soooooo a few games here and there?? lol....you make it sound like they guy has played a ton of football for us, and that he has started alot. apparently he has started 16 games for us. the first 2 years only as a necessity.
    I'm not knocking on the guy. I think he did play well, but it's a relatively small sample size: 16 out of 48 games.</p>[/quote]1st season didnt play
    2nd season played a decent amount
    3rd season our starting LT and gets injured 10 games into the season

Not a ton of games, but when he played he played damned good. Take your time guys, ill put this debate on hold if you guy wanna go back and focus on Beatty...... Dont worry, Ill wait
    [/quote]youre trying to say Beatty is better without any facts to back it up.
    [/quote]Diehl has allowed 22 sacks in 3 seasons himself
    Beatty allowed 5 sacks in 3 seasons

When it comes to numbers thats about all you'll get from the OL

http://stats.profootballweekly.com/team/giants/roster/

David Diehl finished dead last in the league with a pass blocking
    efficiency rating of 90.4. The pass blocking efficiency rating takes
    into account sacks, quarterback hits allowed, quarterback hurries
    allowed divided by the number of pass blocking snaps. The soon to be
    free agent, Kareem McKenzie, came in only 12 slots better in overall
    ranking with a 92.7 efficiency ratio. Finally, Will Beatty, in his
    first year as starting LT, came in 50<sup>th</sup> out of 75 with a 93.6 rating.
    - http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nsive-tackles/

But I know that Matt wont take those stats seriously he hates PFF

...But as you guys all know Im just making this all up out of thin air
    [/quote]

why don't you average out games played at tackle vs games played period

And i'm sorry, but two years ago when he got to come in as the unbalanced tight end doesn't really count in this debate. If your trying to make the stats argument thats fine... but ur not going to include games where he got in on plays... Average out sacks given up at the tackle position vs passing snaps at the tackle position....

whats with u and the general weak statistical arguments lately
    [/quote]Weak arguments cause they go against what you believe in?!?!?!

PLEASE, Diehl is consistently rated THEE worst OT in the NFL as well as THEE worst OG in the NFL this past season and you guys still think he's great!?!?!?!

Well cause I have no way of telling how many games he played OT and how many times he came in as en extra blocking TE, do you???
    [/quote]

well pretty much ALL of the 2010 season. I think he played like 2 games at the actual TACKLE position.

He had a PUTRID year at the Guard position and if we were talking about the guard positio i'd agree with you, but we're not

Since Diehl moved to tackle our offensive averaged 50 more yards a game, .8 more yards per carry, and .7 sacks LESS per game.

[/quote]
    Bradshaw
    3.9ypc with Beatty
    3.6ypc after Beatty

Jacobs
    3.1ypc with Beatty
    4.3ypc after Beatty

Close numbers, Ill give you that. See I can admit when the stats arent greatly in my favor. Not everyone is right 100% of the time, then again I never said Beatty was a key piece to our Run Game
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]Diehl has allowed 22 sacks in 3 seasons himself
    Beatty allowed 5 sacks in 3 seasons

[/quote]</p>

4 times as many games played....4 times as many sacks allowed</p>

LAWYERED!!!!</p>[/quote]Diehl played 44 games in 3 seasons
    Beatty played 34 games in 3 seasons

if you think 44 is 4x as many games as 34 then you need to write a letter to the Poughkeepsie Public School System and ask for your childhood back

But yes, in 3 seasons Diehl has almost 4x as many sacks allowed as Beatty
    [/quote]

thats just a complete hype of numbers and doesn't represent the argument at hand at all...

[/quote]OHHH thats right, cause it disagrees with your stance, right??
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][/quote]
    He does wear a scarf...

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and also while we're on the subject since when is SACKS the only stat that we're interested in mentioning about pass protection?

[/quote]Sacks ISNT the only stat, its the easiest to find and its the only other one available other than the stats on PFF, but you disagree with their numbers, LOL
    [/quote]I dont like that particular article because it averaged everything. They might as well avg the receiving and passing yards into it as well....
    [/quote]WTF, well I dont like mustard and califlower that doesnt mean they dont exist in the real world

It was an article about pass protection efficency, just cause it goes against your arguments doesnt mean its BS or fake or whatever you guys are trying to say
    [/quote]I just dont like averaging numbers. Anything can be added to make one look better or worse.
    Look at the stat with Deihl at guard on 280 snaps. He only gave up pressure a little over 10% of the time. Thats good. The article shot itself in the foot with that one imo
    [/quote]It was just a little over 10% but that same 10% was the WORST IN THE NFL. I know it sounds good, hell I looked at the article and had to do a double take at his actual effiecency %

OK so you dont like averages, so then the YPC, Pass YPG, YAC, etc are all just BS stats in your mind???

[quote user="Kase-1"]Not everyone is right 100% of the time[/quote]
    Except Morehead

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][/quote]
    He does wear a scarf...

[/quote]That looks like a custom NYG/Croatian Flag scarf. I know Double Deuce has MAAAAAD Croat pride and I was LOVING it when I saw him with the scarf!!!!

Dont get it wrong guys, Double Deuce is one of my fav Giants and IMO a 1st ballot Ring Of Honor inductee, but at this point in his career I believe he's best suited either at RT or coming off the bench.

Daniel von Bargen -- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld"
    -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in
    the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the
    horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The
    operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed
    to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic,
    explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."
    <br dir="ltr" id="tinymce" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true">Law
    enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's
    Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they
    arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep
    his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

<font color="#0000FF">WOW!!! How do you screw that up? lol</font>

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]Really cause you originally said games played
    [/quote]</p>

I realize that, and i apologize. I was referring back to my original point that in 3 seasons time, Diehl hasstarted44 out of 48 possible games.
    In that same time frame Beatty started 16 games.</p>[/quote]Diehl is also a 9year vet who has been a starting fixture on our OL since '03, Beatty just finished his 3rd year.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and also while we're on the subject since when is SACKS the only stat that we're interested in mentioning about pass protection?

[/quote]Sacks ISNT the only stat, its the easiest to find and its the only other one available other than the stats on PFF, but you disagree with their numbers, LOL
    [/quote]I dont like that particular article because it averaged everything. They might as well avg the receiving and passing yards into it as well....
    [/quote]WTF, well I dont like mustard and califlower that doesnt mean they dont exist in the real world

It was an article about pass protection efficency, just cause it goes against your arguments doesnt mean its BS or fake or whatever you guys are trying to say
    [/quote]I just dont like averaging numbers. Anything can be added to make one look better or worse.
    Look at the stat with Deihl at guard on 280 snaps. He only gave up pressure a little over 10% of the time. Thats good. The article shot itself in the foot with that one imo
    [/quote]It was just a little over 10% but that same 10% was the WORST IN THE NFL. I know it sounds good, hell I looked at the article and had to do a double take at his actual effiecency %

OK so you dont like averages, so then the <u>YPC, Pass YPG, YAC, etc are all just BS stats in your mind???</u>
    [/quote]lol If hes the worst at being good, ill still take him.

No, I dont like evaluating a player by averaging all of his numbers, like they did with Deihl.

+ Reply to Thread