+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

BTW...I'm so friggin sick of all this Manningham hate. Some posters are acting like jilted lovers because the kid wants to go somewhere where he can play more and make more than #3 WR money. Which his talents definately warrant.</P>

Some of these guys are like 6 year old girls for God's sake.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I hate it too. Whatever though, these people don't understand. Theythink EVERY player is greedy, and that everyone has to, and WILL stay a Giant forever. It wasn't even Manningham's fault that Cruz EXPLODED this year, and he didn't get the ball as much as he would have if Cruz wasn't a stud.
    He deserves to have his big shot, and a chance at money. I don't see the problem here. We are blessed with 2 pro-bowl quality receivers. What's not to love about that??</P>

[/quote]</P>

even this claim that he was too supid to know the offense. Its all crap. The guy was the only Giant to show up and play well at the end of 2010 when Nicks and Smith were hurt.</P>

He's a legit player in this league and has been a good Giant.</P>

[/quote]</P>

youre right...he was. he was great for us exactly when we needed him to be. when players were hurt, and in the biggest game of his career. I wish him nothing but the best....except against us, and then i hope he fails lol.</P>

Its funny to me that ppl are bitter he's leaving, but then just call him stupid. lol....soooo which do you want exactly, ppl?!?
    For the record, no he was not an intelligent person. But he was most likely the best athlete on our team. His overall ability, and the fact that he stays healthy. huge plus side!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Most football players aren't exactly rocket scientists.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

BTW...I'm so friggin sick of all this Manningham hate.* Some posters are acting like jilted lovers because the kid wants to go somewhere where he can play more and make more than #3 WR money.* Which his talents definately warrant.</P>

Some of these guys are like 6 year old girls for God's sake.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I hate it too. Whatever though, these people don't understand. They*think EVERY player is greedy, and that everyone has to, and WILL stay a Giant forever. It wasn't even Manningham's fault that Cruz EXPLODED this year, and he didn't get the ball as much as he would have if Cruz wasn't a stud.
    He deserves to have his big shot, and a chance at money. I don't see the problem here. We are blessed with 2 pro-bowl quality receivers. What's not to love about that??</P>

[/quote]</P>

even this claim that he was too supid to know the offense.* Its all crap.* The guy was the only Giant to show up and play well at the end of 2010 when Nicks and Smith were hurt.</P>

He's a legit player in this league and has been a good Giant.</P>

[/quote]</P>

youre right...he was. he was great for us exactly when we needed him to be. when players were hurt, and in the biggest game of his career. I wish him nothing but the best....except against us, and then i hope he fails lol.</P>

Its funny to me that ppl are bitter he's leaving, but then just call him stupid. lol....soooo which do you want exactly, ppl?!?
    For the record, no he was not an intelligent person. But he was most likely the best athlete on our team. His overall ability, and the fact that he stays healthy. huge plus side!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Most football players aren't exactly rocket scientists.</P>[/quote]I hate to say it, but it's true. There are positions on the field that require minimal direction following--like maybe "GO!" Lol. and there are positions that require more thought process. If you really look at the difference in these players, it doesn't take long to figure it out. I still cannot take away their exceptional physical abilities.

You guys all bring up very good points. It's funny how much people hate. It's as simple as this to me. I'm not sure what he made last year but let's say it was 2-3 mil. He is going to get paid more than double to play for another team. Loyalty only goes so far and we can't pay him that much. He has been a great Giant and made one of the most important catches in the history of the franchise. People can say whatever they want but if a company offered them 60% more than they made a year to do the same thing there is not a person on the planet who wouldn't leave.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][/quote]

excellent picture

btw, Eastbound and Down looks awesome this year

last season sucked, but the first was good. I think this is going to be the best one
    [/quote]Considering that Kenny Powers quoted 'Point Break' within the 1st minute, id say its looking good so far

[/quote]Awesome TC, You Go!

I caught up on Eastbound's first Epi on Friday night and saw last night's show. Pretty god dam hilarious. I love when the Kia Dealer guy tells Kenny that he loves his muscle shirt, lmao. Stevie a Geisha - lmao!

1st Show: Locker room scene is great with Kenny and that dude with the truck doors that open like a lamborghini. Kenny going boogie bording--tells the black guy , that his base tan is coming along real good -lol

[quote user="bigblue4417"]You guys all bring up very good points. It's funny how much people hate. It's as simple as this to me. I'm not sure what he made last year but let's say it was 2-3 mil. He is going to get paid more than double to play for another team. Loyalty only goes so far and we can't pay him that much. He has been a great Giant and made one of the most important catches in the history of the franchise. People can say whatever they want but if a company offered them 60% more than they made a year to do the same thing there is not a person on the planet who wouldn't leave.
    [/quote]His contract was for 4 years @ 3,1167,000.

2008 295K, 2009 385K, 2010 470K, 2011 1.4 mil.

The bonuses/incentives part of contract are not shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlQwLvgW64
    One team is going to be very lucky next year. Hope mario doesnt go to a team with a **** offense and disappear

[quote user="bigblue4417"]You guys all bring up very good points. It's funny how much people hate. It's as simple as this to me. I'm not sure what he made last year but let's say it was 2-3 mil. He is going to get paid more than double to play for another team. Loyalty only goes so far and we can't pay him that much. He has been a great Giant and made one of the most important catches in the history of the franchise. People can say whatever they want but if a company offered them 60% more than they made a year to do the same thing there is not a person on the planet who wouldn't leave.
    [/quote]</P>

yea, I just dont get it.
    why cant we just say thanks Mario, and wish him luck. It's pretty easy for me.
    Well its hard to see a good player leave, but it's easy to appreciate what he did for us in a short amount of time.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Not sure if I mentioned it last time you guys discussed it, but...they film a bunch of parts of Eastbound this season in my dad's neighborhood. He said they are still there once in awhile, and have HBO signs that say something like sorry for the traffic delays, but we're filming.

There was another show they filmed in his marina during the fall too....struggling to remember the name of it.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"]You guys all bring up very good points. It's funny how much people hate. It's as simple as this to me. I'm not sure what he made last year but let's say it was 2-3 mil. He is going to get paid more than double to play for another team. Loyalty only goes so far and we can't pay him that much. He has been a great Giant and made one of the most important catches in the history of the franchise. People can say whatever they want but if a company offered them 60% more than they made a year to do the same thing there is not a person on the planet who wouldn't leave.
    [/quote]His contract was for 4 years @ 3,1167,000.

2008 295K, 2009 385K, 2010 470K, 2011 1.4 mil.

The bonuses/incentives part of contract are not shown[/quote]
    Ok so even better to my point. He is getting a 700% raise. lol

+ Reply to Thread