+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]how have we become less self reliant?[/quote]

Seriously?

Ok you realize government programs are the opposite of self reliance right? if the government is helping you then you are not being self reliant.....

The government has been supplying more and more help in too many forms to list here...but Welfare and Medicare for example...Social Security (which has been around for a while but the payments have been expanding and the revenue has been shrinking) all these government programs meant to help the poor...their cost is going up...they are paying for more people.

The deregulation of the housing market, again....the government stepping in telling business's (IE Banks) that they HAVE to help out the little guy.

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions" Matt (That's a quote from someone I don't know lol)

the point is the more the government tries to "help" the more people become dependent on that help....and over the last 30 years there has been a massive massive increase in social spending to "help" people....that's stripped those people of their self-reliance and that's why we are in a poor situation.

this is gonna sound like I'm being an *** hole but it's the truth.

people on welfare, people using food stamps, people on unemployment, people living in rent restricted housing etc etc....anyone who needs the governments help SHOULD be embarrassed...they should be trying as hard as they can to be self-reliant....that's what America's built on....people that can handle themselves without help from anyone else (including the government)

But no ones embarrassed anymore, everyone's looking for their peice of the pie, everyones looking for a way to scam the system....and it's a horrible thing...people shouldn't WANT help....but instead people that don't even need help find ways to get it anyhow...and the people that do need it are content with living on it...they don't want to pull themselves out of it.
    [/quote]

i just wanted your answer to walk you through this:

at what point did the government start helping though, thats where you relaly need to start.

Lol your right, you did come off like a spoiled bratty ******* who really have no clue beyond his own eyes. Just curious how do u expect there NOT to be people who need those things wtih the job epidemic in this country.

I'm sorry but this self reliance **** also goes hand and hand wtih greed. Free Market is great, until you get a to a point like this. Theres a reason there isn't jobs available and it isn't because people are on welfare.

Its scary that some people actually beileve the **** that you just said in that. theres bottom feeders with everything in this world, your ignorance shines through when you drop the "EVERYONE IS LOOKING TO SCAM THE SYSTEM". Thats a sick paranoia you have. Plenty of good people can't make ends meet and need help. This whole they odn't want to pull themselves out of it is a ridiculous view point. Honestly you come off like a little rich boy who has no real grasp on anything outside of who you know.

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]actually, government jobs have decreased under OBama[/quote]

First off that's just false, but secondly even if it were true, government spending has still SKYROCKETED to twice what Bush was spending and that was previously by far the highest...
    so the actual amount of jobs is sort of a moot point.
    [/quote]
    no its absolutely true and i would love for u to bring up some stat that shows government jobs have increased under obama

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I would say that national healthcare would help more people than the current system does and thats why i'm for it.[/quote]

We will lose doctors, the quality of care logically MUST decrease if you are caring for more people with less doctors.....this is not debatable...if you are ok with more people getting care but everyone getting a lower quality of care that's up to you I guess.

But it will also cost many many jobs...and it removes choice, it also leaves decisions up to people other then your doctor, when you are 50+ and need a transplant but smoked half your life you will be skipped, they will give it to someone else...and it won't matter that you needed it first.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]how have we become less self reliant?[/quote]

Seriously?

Ok you realize government programs are the opposite of self reliance right? if the government is helping you then you are not being self reliant.....

The government has been supplying more and more help in too many forms to list here...but Welfare and Medicare for example...Social Security (which has been around for a while but the payments have been expanding and the revenue has been shrinking) all these government programs meant to help the poor...their cost is going up...they are paying for more people.

The deregulation of the housing market, again....the government stepping in telling business's (IE Banks) that they HAVE to help out the little guy.

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions" Matt (That's a quote from someone I don't know lol)

the point is the more the government tries to "help" the more people become dependent on that help....and over the last 30 years there has been a massive massive increase in social spending to "help" people....that's stripped those people of their self-reliance and that's why we are in a poor situation.

people on welfare, people using food stamps, people on unemployment, people living in rent restricted housing etc etc....anyone who needs the governments help SHOULD be embarrassed...they should be trying as hard as they can to be self-reliant....that's what America's built on....people that can handle themselves without help from anyone else (including the government)

But no ones embarrassed anymore, everyone's looking for their peice of the pie, everyones looking for a way to scam the system....and it's a horrible thing...people shouldn't WANT help....but instead people that don't even need help find ways to get it anyhow...and the people that do need it are content with living on it...they don't want to pull themselves out of it.
    [/quote]

i just wanted your answer to walk you through this:

at what point did the government start helping though, thats where you relaly need to start.

Lol your right, you did come off like a spoiled bratty ******* who really have no clue beyond his own eyes. Just curious how do u expect there NOT to be people who need those things wtih the job epidemic in this country.

I'm sorry but this self reliance **** also goes hand and hand wtih greed. Free Market is great, until you get a to a point like this. Theres a reason there isn't jobs available and it isn't because people are on welfare.

Its scary that some people actually beileve the **** that you just said in that. theres bottom feeders with everything in this world, your ignorance shines through when you drop the "EVERYONE IS LOOKING TO SCAM THE SYSTEM". Thats a sick paranoia you have. Plenty of good people can't make ends meet and need help. This whole they odn't want to pull themselves out of it is a ridiculous view point. Honestly you come off like a little rich boy who has no real grasp on anything outside of who you know.

[/quote]</P>

Let 'em have itMatt people only want to look at whats right in front of them... why are people more dependent on this gov?how many jobs went down the tubes with this one..."NAFTA" if greed wasn't behind that mother ****er then what was? and if greed wasn't behind it in the beginning it sure kicked in after it passed.....</P>

<font size="6">SEE WHAT YOU DID MOREHEAD!!!!!!</font>

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]actually, government jobs have decreased under OBama[/quote]

First off that's just false, but secondly even if it were true, government spending has still SKYROCKETED to twice what Bush was spending and that was previously by far the highest...
    so the actual amount of jobs is sort of a moot point.
    [/quote]
    no its absolutely true and i would love for u to bring up some stat that shows government jobs have increased under obama
    [/quote]

you made the claim, it's your job to support it, but I'll start by talking about the 1270 new full time employee's the IRS is hiring at a cost of 473 Million Dollars for patient protection and the affordable care act....I have a link to the IRS's actual budget request if you want it here.
    <a href="http://www.treasury.gov/about/budget-performance/Documents/CJ_FY2012_IRS_508.pdf">
    http://www.treasury.gov/about/budget-performance/Documents/CJ_FY2012_IRS_508.pdf</a>

Also go look at the debt clock here
    <a href="http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html">
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html</a>

If you doubt my claim that Obama is spending double what Bush did....it's there plain as day.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I'm sorry but this self reliance **** also goes hand and hand wtih greed.[/quote]

A little bit yes and BOTH of them are driving forces for a GOOD economy and a STRONG country....greed is NOT a bad thing...it's a necessity, greed is good for everyone living in a free market system....from the rich to the poor greed is a GOOD thing.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its scary that some people actually beileve the **** that you just said in that.[/quote]

It's scary that there are people that don't understand that what I said up there is a fundemental truth...and that it's not debatable it just is...

You are arguing for an ideological fantasy...something that can not exist in real life....and trying make it exist is detrimental to everyone.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Honestly you come off like a little rich boy who has no real grasp on anything outside of who you know.[/quote]

Except that you know I'm not a rich boy who has no real grasp on anything....you know me...you know i've worked my whole life, you know I've had my serious money issues (house fire lawsuit) you know that I've lived on Ramen Noodles and Rice for years you know I've been through the ****....so ask yourself, why do I still have this opinion?

Honestly I think it's you whose coming off as the sheltered boy, the naive kid...you are the one who has his eye's closed...not me.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I would say that national healthcare would help more people than the current system does and thats why i'm for it.[/quote]

We will lose doctors, the quality of care logically MUST decrease if you are caring for more people with less doctors.....this is not debatable...if you are ok with more people getting care but everyone getting a lower quality of care that's up to you I guess.

But it will also cost many many jobs...and it removes choice, it also leaves decisions up to people other then your doctor, when you are 50+ and need a transplant but smoked half your life you will be skipped, they will give it to someone else...and it won't matter that you needed it first.
    [/quote]</P>

why do you continue to write off the first hand opinions of people who have both been insured free by govt, and privately here...and say natiional healthcare is better?
    yousay "logically" but you dont know that for sure, since we cant predict immediately less doctors. It's like guaranteed work lol. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

can't talk no more... **** just got real with a family drama.. be back later

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]how have we become less self reliant?[/quote]

Seriously?

[/quote]I dont think people should be embarrassed, this country is in the ****ter and a lot of people need help. BUT everything else is spot on, especially the last paragraph.

+ Reply to Thread